corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog names

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dog names
chloe16v

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll give it 2 years before its either dead or rehomed because you sound like the type of person who thinks you know better and wont listen to advise from owners of the breed!i am a member of the breed club, i compete in rallies and train with other owners every week, i know hundreds of owners, but you think that you know better and all us must be wrong
Robbo

3rd Jan 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gilbo on top form in here
Dave

3rd Jan 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are exceptions to the rule. I see one round here regularly who walks along side her owner. It's just whether you are willing to take that risk.
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
i'll give it 2 years before its either dead or rehomed because you sound like the type of person who thinks you know better and wont listen to advise from owners of the breed!i am a member of the breed club, i compete in rallies and train with other owners every week, i know hundreds of owners, but you think that you know better and all us must be wrong

You are just straight away assuming that her dog will be an average husky and will have all of those vices. In case you hadn't noticed not all of them are the same.
CorsAsh

3rd Jan 12 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call it Barnshaw. Or Ripdadloveyou.
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call it Rex and watch it burst into a cloud of flames....
Jamie Walby

3rd Jan 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Golden Retriever that doesn't retrieve
Neil

3rd Jan 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I have a Golden Retriever that doesn't retrieve

Just a Golden then
sc0ott

3rd Jan 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going by all this genuine information, call it forest gump.
richc

3rd Jan 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
lynny my parents have had 6 now. they dont come back, they will chase everything and anything.... including horses

Strange that, my mate has one and when she rides out on the horse it runs along side her the whole ride

I think its all down to how you treat them from young. Obviously they have instinct, but they are a pack animal and only know what they are taught. Its like rotties. 'Nasty dog, eat babys, rape women etc' but i know a middle age couple with two. They are very plasid people and their dogs reflect this. You can play with them all day and not once show aggresion even when you take it that little bit too far (no fingering). Yet i see others foaming from the mouth, bouncing off the walls wanting to eat someone who walks past 'their' house.
Lynny

3rd Jan 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You really are a moron. I stated in a previous post that I have no intention of letting it off the lead etc, I was just disagreeing with that fact that no husky can be trained to stay with you. As also stated, I have a good friend who's husky runs along side her horse when she hacks out for hours on end.

Im a member of the BHS, I work with horses as well as owning them for years, but I don't pretend to know everything about horses, nor would I slate someone who disagreed with me. I have two thoroughbreds that bronk, but I wouldn't try telling people that all thoroughbreds do it.

I'm not some moron that fancies a pet so is going to buy a big expensive dog, I've had dogs my whole life (collies, who are working dogs and need ALOT of exercise) as well as many other animals. I've taken in rescues, I've taken in problem cases that have needed work and retraining.

End of the day you know nothing about me or my life style so don't care state that any animal of mine will be dead in 2 years due to neglect. Anyone on here who knows me knows that my animals come first and want for nothing.
Russ

3rd Jan 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this is our latest that we are keeping our of our recent litter, she is 8 weeks old, named Alaska

Siberian Husky named after a US state
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have two thoroughbreds that bronk, but I wouldn't try telling people that all thoroughbreds do it

You don't need to, Everyone else does

Dont forget that they always drop weight in winter and look awful
cost a bomb to feed
break all the time
bite
kick
etc

[Edited on 03-01-2012 by chrisritch]
adiohead

3rd Jan 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ, will you clean my sheath?
Russ

3rd Jan 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a German Shepherd that couldn't speak German. Gave it away, useless trying to communicate with german people
Russ

3rd Jan 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Russ, will you shave my gooch?
kk
taylorboosh

3rd Jan 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lynny its up to you if you choose to listen to our advice. two owners on this site who have personal experiance and a caption from the club website states that huskies arent easy to train and do run away when of the lead... maybe you can spent hours and hours x 1000 training yours and it will be fine and run along side you... untill one day it sees and chases a rabbit

also you said you need to be able to shout its name accross a field.... hense calling it back
Russ

3rd Jan 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long lead.
sc0ott

3rd Jan 12 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Transparent lead. It will never know its on a lead if it cant see it so it will never run away.
chloe16v

3rd Jan 12 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Long lead.

yes we have a 100ft lead for ours
Lynny

3rd Jan 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
lynny its up to you if you choose to listen to our advice. two owners on this site who have personal experiance and a caption from the club website states that huskies arent easy to train and do run away when of the lead... maybe you can spent hours and hours x 1000 training yours and it will be fine and run along side you... untill one day it sees and chases a rabbit

also you said you need to be able to shout its name accross a field.... hense calling it back

Ok I'll write this for the third time then im not going to bother any more, I DIDNT SAY I WAS GOING TO LET IT OFF THE LEAD, I NEVER LET ANY OF MY DOGS OFF THE LEAD!!!! I walk mine on a horse's lunge line. As I do with my mate's police dog when I look after that. Please get off your high horses and stop trying to have an argument that isn't there.
Robbo

3rd Jan 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I need something I can shout across the field, especially as he's going to be at work with me everyday and I work with kids!

Kinda suggests that you will let it off the lead :/ #tryingtocausebother
Lynny

3rd Jan 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
I have two thoroughbreds that bronk, but I wouldn't try telling people that all thoroughbreds do it

You don't need to, Everyone else does

Dont forget that they always drop weight in winter and look awful
cost a bomb to feed
break all the time
bite
kick
etc

[Edited on 03-01-2012 by chrisritch]

oh yes, even with all the hospital visits and high vets bills, I wouldn't change my high maintenance, highly strung idiots for the world
Lynny

3rd Jan 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
I need something I can shout across the field, especially as he's going to be at work with me everyday and I work with kids!

Kinda suggests that you will let it off the lead :/ #tryingtocausebother

No it doesn't people were suggesting stupid/rude names, I will be using the dogs name at work, I work with kids I lead my horse on a rope less than 2m in length but still shout his name when leading him in the field when he's acting up

Even if i were buying a jack Russell I wouldn't let it lose at work with young kids around, asking for a law suit
adiohead

3rd Jan 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet a decent trainer/owner could let them off the lead without bother

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog names 22 database queries in 0.3593860 seconds