corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ambulance service

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ambulance service
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jan 12 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
I cant find hard facts but a quick google search came up with a quote in this news article about being uninsured

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14510131

Earlier this year, GMB Scotland said ambulance staff were unpaid and off duty during breaks and were not insured to respond to emergencies.

[Edited on 06-01-2012 by Kerry]

But is there a set time for the breaks?
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
So they'll suddenly be insured now when they get £100 for being interrupted?

Sounds like that's been made up to try and take the heat off.

just like you make shit up to make you right and everyone else wrong if they dont agree
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
I cant find hard facts but a quick google search came up with a quote in this news article about being uninsured

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14510131

Earlier this year, GMB Scotland said ambulance staff were unpaid and off duty during breaks and were not insured to respond to emergencies.

But is there a set time for the breaks?

its booked and agreed with control so that other ambulances can cover

none of this drop everything lets take a break fantasy
John

6th Jan 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

just like you make shit up to make you right and everyone else wrong if they dont agree

What are you talking about?

If I'm wrong and can be shown I'm wrong that's fair enough, that means I'll be right about it the next time.
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you talking about?

If I'm wrong and can be shown I'm wrong that's fair enough, that means I'll be right about it the next time.

your wrong to make wild accusations its made up! makes you just as bad as the people your moaning about really
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooo I dont like what im hearing so il say its made up or bollocks

I can see it now, John standing up in court as a solicitor defending a case and saying, nah mate sounds likes been made up to me

John

6th Jan 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm wrong about it that's fine, it still sounds made up.

If it's not made up how will that suddenly change when they get £500 for interrupting the break? Will they be insured as soon as they get the call?
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know, thats why im not commenting

And like I keep saying, i dont agree with being paid it, but there must be a reason out there somewhere! and its certainly not the ambulance staff fault, its whoever made up the rest break protection scheme in the first place!!

3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 12 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i agree with Kerry, the people sitting behind a desk writing down lists of how to make things better but never actually doing anything other than showing other people the list and expecting praise
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably thought, well if they are off duty then its classed as a call out, and if my plumbing springs a leak im usually charged £100 for someone to come fix it, so we shall slap £100 on it
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being sexist but its since woman got more involved with running things that everything became like this.
Phillips_91

6th Jan 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
not being sexist but its since woman got more involved with running things that everything became like this.

*popcorn.gif*
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with their stationary ordering and producing forms
Toby
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 must only apply to Scotland as my sister 'only' gets £25 if shes misses her break

edit:Shes a paramedic

[Edited on 06-01-2012 by Toby]
Mertin

6th Jan 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all part of having a job which requires you to be on call is it not?
Does a fireman demand £100 or refuses a call if his pager goes off while sitting down to a family meal at home? I bet he goes and answers that call as its the nature of his job and a choice he made when he signed up
Gavin
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work through my lunches most days, its overrated anyway if you have no mates to go to lunch with

pew pew pew pewwwww
LeeM

6th Jan 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
£100 must only apply to Scotland as my sister 'only' gets £25 if shes misses her break

the union have rejected the offer of £100 wanting more
Dave

6th Jan 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
I work through my lunches most days, its overrated anyway if you have no mates to go to lunch with

Is it cos you is black?
Gavin
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
quote:
Originally posted by Gavin

Is it cos you is black?

did someone say Chicken?

pew pew pew pewwwww
Toby
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by Toby

the union have rejected the offer of £100 wanting more

Still must only apply to that trust or Scotland itself and I'm sure john can handle them on his own.

I'm sat on the fence about the whole thing, people will have it worse and people will have it better. Plenty of people moaning about 100 for missing a break, what about footballers who get that ever second. Swings and roundabouts
Bonney

6th Jan 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i think that the ambulance drivers and paramedics deserve a lot more than they already get.

After all, would you like to go to work to actually help people and be abused by some pisshead who has started a fight outside of a bar and injured themselves, who then takes it all out on the person trying to help them.

Also how would you like to turn upto a scene where someone is trapped in a vehicle with life threatening injuries and try to sit there and stay calm and also keep the patient calm?

It must be a horrible job to do having to work all hours and see some horrible sights, then have to sit and think that a family may not have a Mum, Dad, Sister, Brother etc coming home, Then seeing the sights coming back to them and seeing it in their mind.

I know I couldn't do it!
JonnyJ

6th Jan 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Personally i think that the ambulance drivers and paramedics deserve a lot more than they already get.

After all, would you like to go to work to actually help people and be abused by some pisshead who has started a fight outside of a bar and injured themselves, who then takes it all out on the person trying to help them.

Also how would you like to turn upto a scene where someone is trapped in a vehicle with life threatening injuries and try to sit there and stay calm and also keep the patient calm?

It must be a horrible job to do having to work all hours and see some horrible sights, then have to sit and think that a family may not have a Mum, Dad, Sister, Brother etc coming home, Then seeing the sights coming back to them and seeing it in their mind.

I know I couldn't do it!

Aside from the pisshead causing shit, which obviously they shouldnt have to put up with the rest is just part and parcel of their job surely? They will know beforehand that this will be what they will be dealing with and the pay that goes with it.
Bonney

6th Jan 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But could you go and see that, then keep your composure and do a job to the best of your ability, then cope with it all playing on your mind maybe a few weeks later?
Nath

6th Jan 12 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, thats why I wouldnt apply. I certainly wouldnt apply and then start moaning about it. Fair play to them and all that but they chose the job.
JonnyJ

6th Jan 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't, no, but that's why i'm not in that profession. I assume the people that are, can deal with it.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ambulance service 23 database queries in 0.2046831 seconds