corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll Cages

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Roll Cages
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Jan 12 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam rolled it Steve.
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
19th Jan 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant or wont
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Borrow the money off ste
Mr&MrsP
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Mr&MrsP
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
For your car Steve I would personally just go for the cheaper rear cage option.
At the end of the day you're not racing, you dont have to meet any requirements like FIA or msa regs etc and you're are only going to enter a few track days, use it on the road and probably over to germany for the nurburgring.
Taking it too seriously and spending your money on items that are not 100% totally necessary takes the fun out of it. I've said it before but i'd rather use the cash saved to actually spend on track time or consumables like tyres and fuel and improving your driver skill by time in the seat rather then improving the spec sheet.
It will still be safe enough with just the rear cage imo

I disagree completely. A cage is an item worth spending money on as if it ever needs to be used, if installed unsafely or using unsafe products it's more likely to kill you than save you. I've paid alot more than I wanted to for mine but a cheap cage really isn't worth spending out on. It will be 100% necessary if I was to roll over at 100mph+ even more so in Steve's car which is more like a tin can than a car

Hi Steve, just ask Adam F if it's worth spending the money on a proper cage!!!

lol what happened there then?

He rolled his Corsa at Brands half way down Paddock Hill & both him & his passenger walked away unscathed, can't say the same about the car shell, but the cage did it's job
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, well tony kinda talked me into the 6 point affair anyway
fast-as-u-can

19th Jan 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve. if you go for the CL2 to start with and make it bolt in 1. it will make it easier to paint as it will be removeable 2. it will make it easier to add the front half and 3. you can spread the cost a bit further.

the way the cage will be welded in for the record will be rear hoop in place, tack rear bars to the hoop in the correct place and then tack cross section in. Remove the complete rear section and weld outside the car. refit into place and if bolt in then mounts will be made and box will be welded into the car the two will then be bolted together. the front half can then be added later as it will be sleved at the top and bolt in at the bottom so no cutting holes in the floor or roof required. door bars would be removeable too. you would also need to buy male and female omp bar ends to make it bolt in but these are not too expensive. if you wanted x door bars then this would not be a problem.

I did not fit the corsa cage for the record and it was a bolt in cage anyway but the puma cage was a weld in custom cages and was done by father not me.

come to that dad also welded JR's cage into the lupo. Dont know how much it cost JR as the old man wont tell me how much he charged him but i know there was a lot of hours put into it and he made a good job of it too! (not that i would admit that to him) lol I think that Mr JR was happy with it anyway.

But i did make the weld in a custom cages cage a bolt in cage for my golf and that is welded all the way. round and fits quite nice and i also fitted warren G's corsa cage too

either do it in one go or in 2 stages it dont really matter mate whatever you can afford to do!
fast-as-u-can

19th Jan 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and if you want a rear cross and cross door bars then order a few extra straight lenghts.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il just get the cl4 and get it all done in one go lol, i dont fancy making several trips down south in it haha

i have your prices correct dont i?

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by Steve]
fast-as-u-can

19th Jan 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
il just get the cl4 and get it all done in one go lol, i have the prices correct dont i?

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by Steve]

Yes mate to weld into the car £240 and made removeable £300 all in but you will need the extra ends to make it bolt in EBAY
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch this space
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, it didn't click that it was that Tony

Is he doing it cheap as compensation for setting fire to it?
fast-as-u-can

19th Jan 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Ah, it didn't click that it was that Tony

Is he doing it cheap as compensation for setting fire to it?

PMSL.... thats why i want the dash out!!!!!!
jr

19th Jan 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fast-as-u-can
Steve. if you go for the CL2 to start with and make it bolt in 1. it will make it easier to paint as it will be removeable 2. it will make it easier to add the front half and 3. you can spread the cost a bit further.

the way the cage will be welded in for the record will be rear hoop in place, tack rear bars to the hoop in the correct place and then tack cross section in. Remove the complete rear section and weld outside the car. refit into place and if bolt in then mounts will be made and box will be welded into the car the two will then be bolted together. the front half can then be added later as it will be sleved at the top and bolt in at the bottom so no cutting holes in the floor or roof required. door bars would be removeable too. you would also need to buy male and female omp bar ends to make it bolt in but these are not too expensive. if you wanted x door bars then this would not be a problem.

I did not fit the corsa cage for the record and it was a bolt in cage anyway but the puma cage was a weld in custom cages and was done by father not me.

come to that dad also welded JR's cage into the lupo. Dont know how much it cost JR as the old man wont tell me how much he charged him but i know there was a lot of hours put into it and he made a good job of it too! (not that i would admit that to him) lol I think that Mr JR was happy with it anyway.

But i did make the weld in a custom cages cage a bolt in cage for my golf and that is welded all the way. round and fits quite nice and i also fitted warren G's corsa cage too

either do it in one go or in 2 stages it dont really matter mate whatever you can afford to do!

your dad has done an absolutley fan fucking tastic job on my cage, really is brilliant considering when he got it looked like it wasnt even for a lupo

on that note when can you move it
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why have I never seen said caged Lupo
jr

19th Jan 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a secreat

will be out and about but after summer
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound so long as you're not using it on the sly and not posting pictures on one of my many web sites.
jr

19th Jan 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope only 3 people have seen it in real life done and there all in this thread, no point posting pics up till im all ready to play trackdays not quite done yet anyway
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to seeing it, I'm sure it will be fairly special.
jr

19th Jan 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it really isnt, its just a case of what you can do with a lupo bought of your brother for £1 a gearbox rebuild, a Mr Pefect and a warren G with access to Mark Brosters phone number
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're doing nothing to put me off it.
jr

19th Jan 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cage is lovely though, but i would never ever suggust buying a SD cage to anyone after the issues Mr P had
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell everyones coming out the woodwork now
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

group meat at tonys? id love to see your todger
Cole

19th Jan 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will come lol only 10 mins from me
AK

19th Jan 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the custom cages cage wont be sleeved at the main hoop, hence my comments on welding all the way round the joints.

Our arent anyway

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roll Cages 22 database queries in 0.2364900 seconds