corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rangers

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rangers
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Feb 12 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think about what you said, how are they going to make these wage cuts in order to survive?
JonnyJ

13th Feb 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you think? Take a wild guess.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldnt work! One team after another would fold! The ammount they would lose on tickets and tv would be far to great for them to instantly cut the wage bill
JonnyJ

13th Feb 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't exactly be a bad thing would it. It could start again and become more like the league of wales.

I maintain that the league/any league is better off when there isn't 2 teams over double the size of the next best. In some cases over 10 times bigger than similar teams on the same league.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who said it was? Why are you now changing you point? The league would not survive without the old firm
Edd

13th Feb 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worrying times, the end game is imminent it seems. Rangers will obviously always exist in one form or the other but to say I've seen these days feels surreal. As for the Celtic fans gloating, why wouldn't they? If I was of age when they where being run in the shitter i'd be at parkhead dancing in the street.
Jamie

13th Feb 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jelly and ice cream
Danny P

13th Feb 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
The league would not survive without the old firm

Yes it would. Players would just get paid less as the money wouldn't be there to pay them as much as they are currently getting paid.

Just because players are paid a certain amount of money now doesn't mean they always have to be paid that amount. If the money dries up in any league the wages will have to drop to mirror that. Simple economics really.
Edd

13th Feb 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie
Jelly and ice cream

Was what Jim torbett gave the poor boys he molested at Celtic boys club?
Jamie

13th Feb 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Girfuy
Edd

13th Feb 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Girfuy

Love you x
Jamie

13th Feb 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
Girfuy

Love you x

And you x haha

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
The league would not survive without the old firm

Yes it would. Players would just get paid less as the money wouldn't be there to pay them as much as they are currently getting paid.

Just because players are paid a certain amount of money now doesn't mean they always have to be paid that amount. If the money dries up in any league the wages will have to drop to mirror that. Simple economics really.

Yeah it is, but you can go from a 1m wage bill to a 0.5m wage bill easily. Meaning clubs will struggle to keep up.
Rangers are proving this point now! We have no one on a decent wage and are struggling to stay afloat. 8 years since we were attracting big names and we are still struggling with debt. Your points are clear but not thought through
sc0ott

13th Feb 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The spl will survive technically but can you imagine if gers sell off their remaining good player(s) and cut wages, chances are they will struggle to keep up with celtic and that will have a knock on effect when it comes to bringing in good players. Fans will stop attending matches and theyll struggle to make money from european cups because they cant make 2nd place in the league.

If that happened i think more fans would attend knowing their teams have more of a chance against a team theyre used to being beat by.
Hammer

13th Feb 12 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I listen to allsorts of shite about how the league and Celtic wouldn't survive and I laugh my head off.

The world will not cease to be because Rangers is no longer what it once was. They will reform and will be a force again within a decade. In the interim Celtic can pursue the exact same aspirations as they have just now. Hell, even the clubs like Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren will see an upsurge in regular punters through the turnstiles. I can guarantee it.

The doom and gloom surrounding football is not solely rooted in Scotland, the entire world is on its knees financially and there will be institutions everywhere entering administration, liquidation and going bankrupt. That's the reality of 2012.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who said celtic wouldnt survive
Hammer

14th Feb 12 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The majority of idiots that phone Clyde 1 and Real Radio. In fact I even lose the will to live listening to experts on football finance in the pub. Full of facts lifted right from the back pages of The Sun.
emicen

14th Feb 12 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The majority of idiots that phone Clyde 1 and Real Radio. In fact I even lose the will to live listening to experts on football finance in the pub. Full of facts lifted right from the back pages of The Sun.

Clyde's football phone in is something special, you have to wonder why their carers let them make the call half the time (both sides of the old firm's supporters)
JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cannot believe IVI actually thinks the spl would cease to exist if Celtic or Rangers didnt

Its exactly as Danny says, clubs would just have to trim their cloth accordingly. Its pretty simple to do, many, many, many clubs have to do the same every season when they hit financial difficulty.

I really dont even think the league would take that big a hit, it would lose some Sky money and possibly a bit in sponsorship but other clubs WILL see a rise in attendances. You have to remember there is fucking LOADS of floating Rangers/Celtic fans all over scotland that just support them because its fashionable. If they went under they would have no problem in picking up the next successful club. As Hammer says, I'd be amazed if teams like Hearts/Motherwell etc didnt see a rise in attendances. Not only that but they would now be in a position to win the league and compete in Europe (all be it probably the Europa as the SPL would drop in the UEFA coefficient).

Scotland's a big enough country to support a semi ok league without Rangers/Celtic. Another team would eventually take their place if they ceased to exist for good. It might not be the same level, but it would never die because they arent there.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is irrelevant, it could go both ways. Until you can tell the future there is no need to discuss it
JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to punch you in the face one day mate. Really hard.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 03:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS seems to be the place everyone is doing it
mwg

14th Feb 12 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically Rangers going tits up is good for Scottish football
Hammer

14th Feb 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Rick Draper

14th Feb 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

And shit for the taxman.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rangers 23 database queries in 0.0139811 seconds