corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » dog food

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dog food
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th May 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye but John, thats not the point being made. People could say 9 dogs is too big for a two bed semi-detatched house. They choose to say it's too much for a council house. Lets not pretend it's because council houses are the smallest known to man.
baza31

6th May 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting read.

One question , how to manage to work , bring up x amount of kids and look after 9 dogs to an acceptable level? Cleaning shit up must be a full time job. Do your kids go near these dogs that eat skulls?
Eck
Premium Member

6th May 12 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking love these threads Tbh I had no idea you had 9... I'd say that's a bit much for your cou... I mean small house.
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dogs dont create much poop this is one benefit of the barf diet, the kids dont go near all the dogs, they will be around 1 or 2 at a time, not because the dogs are dangerous but because they can jump up an knock them over, also the dogs are out all day an get fetched in at night to be fed an then are put to bed, we have 2 dogs in the house at the moment, 1 because she is in season an the other escaped over a 6ft fence an get out of the garden, this has since spooked her an she will not go out any more
baza31

6th May 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
Aye but John, thats not the point being made. People could say 9 dogs is too big for a two bed semi-detatched house. They choose to say it's too much for a council house. Lets not pretend it's because council houses are the smallest known to man.

Ain't the original idea of council houses meant for people with not much disposable income though and affordable housing? Surely 9 dogs is fairly costly. Farm lower down has a similar amount of hunting dogs and am almost positive they had to have a run above a certain size?
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Fucking love these threads Tbh I had no idea you had 9... I'd say that's a bit much for your cou... I mean small house.

we didnt have 9 until a month ago we was asked to take on our oldest sibes sister that the breeder was having to rehome, an 2 of our pups from our last litter came back to us for different reasons, 1 has massive separation issues from his sister an the other came back with a broken foot an broken tail an then nipped one of the kids (pup was 14 weeks old) pup had never received vet care for the foot or tail!
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
quote:
Originally posted by Shell

Ain't the original idea of council houses meant for people with not much disposable income though and affordable housing? Surely 9 dogs is fairly costly. Farm lower down has a similar amount of hunting dogs and am almost positive they had to have a run above a certain size?

i can feed all my dogs on a barf diet for £20 a MONTH! so no it doesnt cost alot at all
baza31

6th May 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

we didnt have 9 until a month ago we was asked to take on our oldest sibes sister that the breeder was having to rehome, an 2 of our pups from our last litter came back to us for different reasons, 1 has massive separation issues from his sister an the other came back with a broken foot an broken tail an then nipped one of the kids (pup was 14 weeks old) pup had never received vet care for the foot or tail!

Dear god it gets better. So you having young children took a dog back that bit a kid ? Why wasn't it drowned? I thought most of your points was ok untill I read that.
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it nipped a kid after it had broke its foot an tail, the dog (14 week old pup!) was assessed before going anywhere near my kids and has no problem with temperament what so ever, she is infact coming along great an is looking to be a good worker an show dog!
LeeM

6th May 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you live in a dream world.
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hows that?
James

6th May 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old are your kids?
LeeM

6th May 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you think that 9 big dogs (one of which has a history of biting a child) cramped into a small back garden is actually a good idea.
no matter what you say to justify it its not normal behaviour.
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
How old are your kids?

5, 7 and 8
James

6th May 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
How old are your kids?

5, 7 and 8

Did you plan to have 3 kids by the age of 20?
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
you think that 9 big dogs (one of which has a history of biting a child) cramped into a small back garden is actually a good idea.

im sorry i didnt realise you had seen my back garden, also huskies are a medium breed of dog, not a large dog, also they get exercised most than any normal dog, its not as if we just put them outside an leave them they RUN at least 16 miles a week! more in the height of winter!
RichR
Premium Member

6th May 12 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some mighty high horses in this thread...
John

6th May 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
How old are your kids?

5, 7 and 8

chloe16v

6th May 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
How old are your kids?

5, 7 and 8

no i didnt plan it but when i got pregnant with my first i knew i wanted my kids close together so they could play and grow up together, an things couldnt have been better
James

6th May 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How old are your kids?

5, 7 and 8

no i didnt plan it but when i got pregnant with my first i knew i wanted my kids close together so they could play and grow up together, an things couldnt have been better

Fair enough - I wasn't looking for an argument, I was just wondering.
MiloMorgan

6th May 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

im sorry i didnt realise you had seen my back garden, also huskies are a medium breed of dog, not a large dog, also they get exercised most than any normal dog, its not as if we just put them outside an leave them they RUN at least 16 miles a week! more in the height of winter!

You know Huskies should get about 6 miles a day on average, if you say you do at least 16 miles a week then they are only getting just over 2 miles a day, which is pretty poor to be honest. My cross lab gets more than that and its not classed as a "racing"/"working" dog. Not saying your not looking after your dogs well enough, you obviously care about them, but they should be exercised more than 16 miles a week. Just my opinion anyway.
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MiloMorgan
quote:
quote:

You know Huskies should get about 6 miles a day on average, if you say you do at least 16 miles a week then they are only getting just over 2 miles a day, which is pretty poor to be honest. My cross lab gets more than that and its not classed as a "racing"/"working" dog. Not saying your not looking after your dogs well enough, you obviously care about them, but they should be exercised more than 16 miles a week. Just my opinion anyway.

i can only run the dogs when the temp is below 15 degrees, also they dont need as much exercise in the summer, an i dont know where you got that figure from but its bollox
MiloMorgan

6th May 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MiloMorgan
quote:
quote:

i can only run the dogs when the temp is below 15 degrees, also they dont need as much exercise in the summer, an i dont know where you got that figure from but its bollox

thats run/walk im on about not just a run. I know your on about a run, but just saying what they should be getting on average. Any med/large dog should be getting more than 2 miles a day. All dependant on diet though. I know you will just justify what you are doing is right, so i will say no more.
LeeM

6th May 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My spaniel gets 30 miles a week walk minimum and Gets restless if he misses a day. That's a medium dog which is smaller than a husky.
chloe16v

6th May 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant run a husky every day and they cant run as far as they can walk, it is also quite warm atm for the dogs to run

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » dog food 22 database queries in 0.0307450 seconds