corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biggest car related cockup?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Biggest car related cockup?
Chris x

User status: Offline
28th Jun 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you guys get them going again?
jrdn7

28th Jun 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another one from the mates (yes they are a touch thick). One decided that he would rebuild the gearbox, took all the gears out & then back in.

Went out like a spaz round the roads, coming down into a very tight right hander ,he was going down the gears, slowing down then nothing. And wallop into the wall.

Forgot to put 2nd gear back in!
Sam
Premium Member

28th Jun 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has Twiggy posted in this thread yet
BarnshaW

28th Jun 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you drive like a spaz down the roads and not notice your missing second gear and only notice it coming back down the gears?
jrdn7

28th Jun 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
how do you drive like a spaz down the roads and not notice your missing second gear and only notice it coming back down the gears?

Maybe I should have said he is a spaz! I haven't a clue how he did it tbh. Prob missed 2nd, went straight into 3rd.

If you knew him & the things he's done, you wouldn't be at all shocked!
harrisp

29th Jun 12 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x

If thats aimed at me, mine never stopped running, just had to drill some holes in the door pockets to let the water drain out
jrdn7

29th Jun 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

If thats aimed at me, mine never stopped running, just had to drill some holes in the door pockets to let the water drain out

Do it Top Gear style, big rifle & a few rounds straight through the floor!
Corsa_Sport21

29th Jun 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate came round a few weeks ago for me to have a look at his exhaust. Needed to take the wheel off so i told him to loosen all the nuts while i went and got the jack etc. Came back out and he was having bother getting the locking nut slack. So i said i'll do it while he starts to jack the car up. Started to slacken it and bang, the wheel popped off and caught in the arch/ disc backing plate. The silly cunt had removed all the bolts. Dread to think what would have happened if he had actually got the locking nut slack before i had came back with the jack.

[Edited on 29-06-2012 by Corsa_Sport21]
harrisp

29th Jun 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

Do it Top Gear style, big rifle & a few rounds straight through the floor! [/quote

Its a 20 year old land rover you dont need bullets to get holes in the floor
Rickavo

30th Jun 12 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Mate came round a few weeks ago for me to have a look at his exhaust. Needed to take the wheel off so i told him to loosen all the nuts while i went and got the jack etc. Came back out and he was having bother getting the locking nut slack. So i said i'll do it while he starts to jack the car up. Started to slacken it and bang, the wheel popped off and caught in the arch/ disc backing plate. The silly cunt had removed all the bolts. Dread to think what would have happened if he had actually got the locking nut slack before i had came back with the jack.

Did you not notice the bolts were out

[Edited on 30-06-2012 by Rickavo]
Corsa_Sport21

30th Jun 12 at 05:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

Did you not notice the bolts were out

[Edited on 30-06-2012 by Rickavo]

No. Even though they were lying on the ground. I should have probably noticed, but at the same time, wasn't really looking for them as i didn't think he was that daft to remove them before the car was jacked up.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel should be sat on the hub lip anyway? If its not that's dodgy to start with
Corsa_Sport21

30th Jun 12 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, was on the hub lip. But car was half on the kerb, half on the road, so at a slight angle.

Then the weight of the car vs the size of the hub lip, is enough to push the wheel off when the bolts are removed.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biggest car related cockup? 22 database queries in 0.1818759 seconds