corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jimmy Carr

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jimmy Carr
Robbo

User status: Offline
21st Jun 12 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
you arent you pay a portion of your wage as tax. if you dont like it dont live in the country. everybody is in the same boat and without tax money the country wouldnt be able to function.

if ive had to pay tax and struggle on a grand a month why should some millionaire get away without paying his way? its not our favourite outgoing, but tax is a fact.
its not talkin about gettign away with it though, its about losing half your wages to tax

as a higher rate payer (not 50% though, clearly) and as someone who has worked damn hard to get where i am today, i dont see why some scuffy builder or mcdonalds employee who makes a pittance should pay less proportion of tax than me just because they couldnt be bothered to better themselves :/
Robbo

21st Jun 12 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
One thing, who the fuck does David Cameron think he is singling out one person who does this?
actually agreed, bang out of order.
Robbo

21st Jun 12 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

There's no way the vast majority of people in that position do that.

Its all shares and benefits, very much doubt anyone actually loses £501k in deductions.

Reading the above though Ian, it appears that they should
As Ian said, vast majority of high earners dont make that much in salary/bonus... majority of cash comes from huge share grants but of course they are subject to CGT upon sale etc. (similar rates though), the end position is materially the same.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BNAG

Thats bang out of order

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ed

21st Jun 12 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

21st Jun 12 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been reading his statement on twitter. What's he playing at? Needs to grow some balls and stand by what he's LEGALLY been doing.
mwg

21st Jun 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mind you he is probably worried about a backlash from the public and people stopping coming to his gigs.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my thoughts too
it is legal but not morally correct

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ed

21st Jun 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus the papers are going to have/are having a field day on it and he seems to have been selected as the 'face of K2'.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are bound to be other companies that do it so he will just stick the money somewhere else.
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will be after Gary Barlow next
ed

21st Jun 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh noesss, not the nations sweetheart!
micra_pete
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is godship!
taylorboosh

21st Jun 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think its a disgrace for someone to pay 50% when others don't have to... Not a fair system.. We should all pay the same %
Gary
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax on your wage is out of order in general, just because its become commonplace dosent give someone the right to your money you earnt!

Everything should be privatised and you pay for what you want. Why i should pay into the system for cunts to be on the dole when its a service ive never used and never plan to use! I should get tax relief for not been a scumbag imo
taylorboosh

21st Jun 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dole is great when used correctly
spencer88

21st Jun 12 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Tax on your wage is out of order in general, just because its become commonplace dosent give someone the right to your money you earnt!

Everything should be privatised and you pay for what you want. Why i should pay into the system for cunts to be on the dole when its a service ive never used and never plan to use! I should get tax relief for not been a scumbag imo

Gary
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rather not use it because of the social stigma attached to it by the people who abuse it.
Ryan

21st Jun 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Agreed!!lol

Same with council houses and housing benefit etc. I have to pay for my own fucking house, why should some scummy oxygen thief get it for free/subsidised, just because of their shitty life choices?...
John

21st Jun 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Council houses get my goat.

Being able to buy a council house at a reduced price does it even more.
Whittie

21st Jun 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have a goat?
mwg

21st Jun 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While I agree about the whole tax and council house thing where would all these people that are sponging off us go? You'd probably get shanty towns start popping up, they'd be breaking in to our houses and stealing things from us. It'd be like living in a 3rd world country once you set foot outside of your high walled guarded house
Gary
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bring back slave labour, may as well be some use to us
Ryan

21st Jun 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Council houses get my goat.

Being able to buy a council house at a reduced price does it even more.

Yep, absolute bollocks.

I rent my house, so am I going to be allowed to buy it at 60% market value in a few years? Errrm no.
Baskey

21st Jun 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one that wound me up was when I asked the council how much it was to rent a garage.

I was told it was something like £8 a month or double if I'm a council tax payer. Penalised for paying my way, what a joke.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jimmy Carr 23 database queries in 0.0163660 seconds