corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fast Road

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fast Road
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Sep 12 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
Oh my god.

I'm pretty sure I have expressed my opinion BASED ON FAST ROAD CONDITIONS! I'm pretty sure I have posted saying I can't comment on the pads response under track conditions as I haven't used them on track. What don't you get about that? What don't you understand? You're telling me that I have said things that I haven't.

Jesus you people let it go.

I said ebc pads where crap, you immediatly got your guard up, your opinion on the pads is based on 'fast road' which to me just means driving fast on country roads. Nothing wrong with that.. But my opinion comes from actual back to back testing of the pads in an enviroment which really pushes the pad to the max. The ebc pad didnt hold up as well as the others so thats it... Nothing more to say..

Next argument.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road & light track use is a much more appropriate description, fast road imo is bit of a chavvy term, aimed by companies at boy racers who think fast road driving is some type of sport
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Oh my god.

I'm pretty sure I have expressed my opinion BASED ON FAST ROAD CONDITIONS! I'm pretty sure I have posted saying I can't comment on the pads response under track conditions as I haven't used them on track. What don't you get about that? What don't you understand? You're telling me that I have said things that I haven't.

Jesus you people let it go.

I said ebc pads where crap, you immediatly got your guard up, your opinion on the pads is based on 'fast road' which to me just means driving fast on country roads. Nothing wrong with that.. But my opinion comes from actual back to back testing of the pads in an enviroment which really pushes the pad to the max. The ebc pad didnt hold up as well as the others so thats it... Nothing more to say..

Next argument.

So I was stating the fact that I found EBC great for fast road use (thread title) but also commented that I couldn't pass judgement on track use.
And you were arguing that you found they weren't as good for track use and were shit, which I didn't know about and openly admitted that?

Next argument? I rest my case.
Corsa_Sport21

5th Sep 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember having EBC Redstuff in my old Pulsar, with Hi-Spec 4 pots. They were dangerously bad brake pads. No bite from cold, and not much better when up to temp. Both on and off track. I would never recommend EBC to any1.
Ben G

5th Sep 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I'm sorry Chris but we seemed to have had our wires crossed somewhere.

If you read my posts relating to fast road brake set ups, I have only ever given my opinions on what I have found personally with my cars and my driving style, not what I have read on the internet.

Don't understand how people can say that I am wrong when I know what I have tried and I know what I prefer for my driving style/car. You speak as you find, that's pretty much it in a nut shell.

No i dont think we have..

Your opinion is your own but how can you get pissy when you are told you wrong when you havent even use your ebc pads in an enviroment which really tests how a brake pad copes. I have tested personally in a controlled enviroment and pushed the ebc, performance friction, carbon lorraine, mintex etc and the ebc pads were not as good as the others.

Wtf chris? The only environment that is supposed to be discussed in this thread is real world driving on public roads.

You've completely got the wrong end of the stick and are using your elitest track knowledge to have a fight with.someone who clearly stated they only drive on public roads.
BarnshaW

5th Sep 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by gez bay

'fast road' defines upgraded, still work from cold ect and good for light track days
what has any if that got to do with fast and roads though, you aren't meant to drive fast on the roads so how can you have it as a serious category. It like having tyres that will give you a good launch so are suitable for bank robbery use.

so what if your not meant to? they can still sell the parts for people who do, its not illegal... they sell exhausts which are illegal (DB limit) but people still put them on.... what are you getting at?
Sean-B

5th Sep 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris what you've missed is jay (and me) are saying EBC yellow / blue are very good for fast road (the thread topic) and are 'better' than the carbotech pf11 pads etc as they are dedicated track pad and therefore can be a bit snatchy and lack cold-warm bite.

EBC are very widely praised on the SXOC they were shit 2 years ago they are on a new formula now.

I have tracked mine on yellow stuff and they were superb and I have zero 'braking aids' but that's not what this thread is about.

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by Sean-B]
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is exacty why i dont like using the term 'on track'.

Its got nothing to do with where its used its just ultimatly how good the pad is doing its job.

If a pad can resist a bashing 'on track' then i would have every confidence in it performing well on any road in any 'fast road' condition. If a pad cant resist a bashing 'on track' then i wouldnt have as much confidence with it on the road.

Eg If you had a tyre rated to 60mph, 100mph and another rated at 130mph then the one rated at 60mph would be crap, yes it might do 60mph but its still the crappest of the 3.

Your brakes are there to slow you down.. The faster you slow and the more often you can do it without the brakes failing (eg pads fading) the better the brakes.

Im not talking about where you use them or how you go about getting them to fade. At the end of the day the longer the pad gives you 100% or as close to as time goes on the better the pad.

From what i experienced the ebc wasnt as good as the others.

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by chris_uk]
Ben G

5th Sep 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you also said track pads don't work from cold. So they must be shit on the road aswell going by your theory.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cl-rc6 noisy but great cold and they are 'race pads'
Sean-B

5th Sep 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This is exacty why i dont like using the term 'on track'.

Its got nothing to do with where its used its just ultimatly how good the pad is doing its job.

If a pad can resist a bashing 'on track' then i would have every confidence in it performing well on any road in any 'fast road' condition. If a pad cant resist a bashing 'on track' then i wouldnt have as much confidence with it on the road.

Eg If you had a tyre rated to 60mph, 100mph and another rated at 130mph then the one rated at 60mph would be crap, yes it might do 60mph bu its still the crappest of the 3.

Yes but on a track you have a lap or two to warm up the pads. In this 'fast road' application cold bite is important.

A good track pad DOES NOT equal a good road pad.

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by Sean-B]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
In this 'fast road' application.

can you define this please

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by Steve]
Sean-B

5th Sep 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Cl-rc6 noisy but great cold and they are 'race pads'

There'll always be a few exceptions that is a £500+ pad though...
Sean-B

5th Sep 12 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Driving fast on the roads
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a load of fucking shit...

how long do you think it takes for a pad to really warm up? I guarentee that if you got any car and stuck cl6's in ('race pad') against some standard manufactuer pad from cold they would stop in the same distance.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Driving fast on the roads

so you bought fast road pads to drive fast on the roads? presumably because normal pads werent sufficient? eg you were driving so fast that you were experiencing situations where you couldnt stop on normal pads?
BarnshaW

5th Sep 12 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe yes
SportBoy

5th Sep 12 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like to add my bit of informative information.

What a shit thread.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then i think you should consider track sessions.

However thats up to you i dont really give a shit how you drive, i do however think this fast road term is stupid, and its exactly highlighted my point that people think they have some sort of ability because they can claim to own fast road stuff on there car and drive like idiots

deffo a boy racer term

if you're buying parts just to drive as fast as you can on the roads then i think thats a bit stupid, its the kind of thing i was interested in doing when i was 17/18

chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a hillclimb/sprint and these fast road scenarios and then tell me why they use race pads in their hillclimb cars when presumably they dont get chance to 'warm up' their pads because they are sat on a start line.

Sean-B

5th Sep 12 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a hillclimb/sprint and these fast road scenarios and then tell me why they use race pads in their hillclimb cars when presumably they dont get chance to 'warm up' their pads because they are sat on a start line.

Ha they don't! Have you been to one? Most run high quality 'road pads' on the shorter courses like Shelsley Walsh unless they are in top 10 and can afford £500+ pads that offer the best of both worlds.

Steve is argueing everyone should run standard pads. Your arguing everyone should run race pads. It's a daft arguement. As you're both to stubborn to actual understand anyone else's point of view.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know where your getting £500+ for Rc6 as the most expensive set in there price list is just over £200
Nath

5th Sep 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
Id like to add my bit of informative information.

What a shit thread.

Quite. 6 pages of pedantry.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u ok? coming to combe this weekend? thought not
Nath

5th Sep 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
u ok? coming to combe this weekend? thought not

No thanks. Too elite for the likes of me.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fast Road 22 database queries in 0.0106618 seconds