corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe Corsa B

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe Corsa B
corsagsiturbo1

User status: Offline
13th May 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep up the good work looking good
DannyB
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, appreciate it

Last night I gave the N/S/F arch the same treatment, fitting the crash bar and lights tonight so I can get the bumper back on tomorrow. I also did the O/S/R arch and rear panel tonight, will do N/S/R tomorrow as I ran out of underseal.

Took the lights/bumper and rear arches off. Same story really, a few small holes and surface rust so grinded it all down and treated it, then undersealed it.

Before

After

Saw some wheel trims cheap on eBay so bought them for a laugh, it's in keeping with the 'standard' them too I'll probably paint them a darker silver though. And if they look shit they will go on the works van, although I think they'll look quite good

New rear shoes and wheel cylinders arriving tomorrow so they'll be fitted and I'll give the drums a lick of paint too.

[Edited on 14-05-2013 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice new numberplate light cover from Vauxhall, £2.38.

DannyB
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last arch got treated and undersealed tonight thank fuck, just the underside to do when its on the ramp. Also got the heatgun on all the arches and bumper tops, miles better now. Clutch should be arriving tomorrow so hopefully will have time to get the engine in this week.

Bought a strut brace too, will give it a lick of paint first.

[Edited on 15-05-2013 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took a few badges/stickers off the back and give it a little clean up. Bumper/lights back on and rear arches bonded in place. I've got some 60mm rear springs, an Opel badge for the rear and a tigra scuttle on the way too.

New 3 piece clutch kit arrived today

Will hopefully be putting the engine in this weekend

ArdenblueDan

16th May 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is looking great buddy keep it up
DannyB
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome, they'll look boss when they're painted a darker silver. Just need to paint the wheels and get the new tyres on.

Just placed them next to the car

[Edited on 17-05-2013 by DannyB]
taylorboosh

17th May 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol this will be so much fun
Ad Blue B

17th May 13 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going to be epic
mike56gte

17th May 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good danny!

DannyB
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So tonight we got the engine in, I undersealed half the car , fitted the Opel badge and I put the wheels on to see what they were like.

Clutch in, gearbox on ready to go on the crane

Wheels on but still need to come off for paint and new tyres. Actually can't wait to see what it looks like once lowered

Opel badge...although I'll be replacing the other ones to match.

Engine in, it's sitting back slightly at the minute as I'm waiting to get a rear mount off sri boy

Random Instagram pic, sat down having a break from undersealing

[Edited on 17-05-2013 by DannyB]
taylorboosh

17th May 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going to address the dings?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dings keep the sleeper look up! Nice work Danny

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DannyB
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Definitely, there's a good few on that O/S/R quater. They'll be sorted before the car sees the road
Darryl H
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Definitely, there's a good few on that O/S/R quater. They'll be sorted before the car sees the road

Darn

Sean

17th May 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking great! How much was the clutch kit? (Trade) and do you have the part number?
Nic Barnes

17th May 13 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah buddy
DannyB
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get it Monday for you, think it was 110+ vat, so 132 all in.
Darryl H
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious? They gone that much up in price!? I got mine from Autovaux for £80 a couple of years back!

DannyB
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have this was release bearing, the actual clutch plate and cover
Sean

17th May 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's more than I get it for (98+) I'm in the trade to, was just seeing if you could get it cheaper. Thanks though!I did think it was a bit dear when i asked our local part factors! can get a cheap branded one for £65 not bothering with that though
DannyB
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dingbro does tend to be dearer for some things, and id never trust a clutch from Euro.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Dan.

People aren't gonna have a clue when they pull up against ya haha.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
BenC1985

18th May 13 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. Are you going to have paintless dent removal done? I did and its suprising what dents can be taken out without having to have any paint work done. If you was more local id recommend a guy.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
Looking good. Are you going to have paintless dent removal done? I did and its suprising what dents can be taken out without having to have any paint work done. If you was more local id recommend a guy.

Yes thats the plan, although the car will be getting a full respray in the near future. There's a few in the roof too but I could always wrap that if it's too wild after the dent removal.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe Corsa B 24 database queries in 0.0192699 seconds