corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Explosions in Boston (US)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Explosions in Boston (US)
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
15th Apr 13 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Tbh all I can say from watching the videos is respect to the people running to help even after them going off, dont k know whats left to go off. Alot of people wete just making a mad dash away.

THIS!

It takes a special kind of person in the moments after a explosion to run towards the scene. Brave people who deserve a good pat on the back!

Definitely, God knows how I'd react in such a situation, i'd like to think I'd help but running towards where an explosion had just occured would probably be the last thing on my mind. They deserve a medal!
Jambo

15th Apr 13 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO?utm_source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

New York Post claiming Saudi suspect
Jambo

15th Apr 13 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently that is being widely disputed
JonnyJ

15th Apr 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the media should be extremely careful when reporting things like this. Whilst most normal people can read that for what it is, a rumour, some nutter will take it as fact and take it out on someone of similar race. There's already people on twitter going nuts about "the Muslim's"

They should stick to cold hard facts in situations like this instead of trying to be first with a scoop. Wait until the authorities have released a statement when they know who caused it
Reecemac

15th Apr 13 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Tbh all I can say from watching the videos is respect to the people running to help even after them going off, dont k know whats left to go off. Alot of people wete just making a mad dash away.

THIS!

It takes a special kind of person in the moments after a explosion to run towards the scene. Brave people who deserve a good pat on the back!

I think the person videoing is a bit of a cunt though, in the video posted here, theres a group of people trying to pull railings/wood off people trapped underneath and that bellend is too busy videoing it. Even getting in the way.
CorsAsh

15th Apr 13 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought that too. Puts them on the same level as the reporter who shoves a microphone in the face of someone who's just been blown up to ask "how they feel".
Jambo

15th Apr 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand the first explosion, but the seconds location is vague?

Down the street as its referred to by Sky.

Seems like they where timed bombs and not remote detonation?
Graeme
Premium Member

15th Apr 13 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 seconds after around 100 meter before the finish line Jambo
Jambo

15th Apr 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be wrong here but either journo's spouting bollocks or the US have clearly still not learnt lessons from 9/11 and their communication.

Seems nobody knows what's going on and different agency's are saying different things
Jambo

15th Apr 13 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
10 seconds after around 100 meter before the finish line Jambo

Graeme
Premium Member

15th Apr 13 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh they will know alot more already than they are going to let the press know. The amount if FBI there already amazes me.

Very fast to respond. Look on a slight positive at least there was alot of medical support on very close hand.

[Edited on 15-04-2013 by Graeme]
Eck
Premium Member

15th Apr 13 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Thing is jonny, we are more evolved than them folk so its understandable.

Well that just makes "our" actions even more inexcusable, if we're meant to be the smart ones.

Spoken like a true hippy. The influence is strong

Not really, quite the opposite in fact. I have pretty much a neutral reaction to either event. Wrong maybe but thats the world we live in today. Nothing surprises me anymore and i wouldnt let either event influence me emotionally, otherwise id be a crying mess everyday.

Its good to know im not a hypocrite though. Thats one thing ive got.

I didn't mean influences by events. I meant the other half
Tiger

16th Apr 13 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably find it was some bitter school kids that in true American style had a grudge against some guy that happened to call them geeks and happened to be running the marathon.
Nismo

16th Apr 13 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sad news. Looks to be 2 young people in the death toll.

American police for the win.

The usual certain people will have a legit reason why 6 police officers couldn't help this guy, probably due to the fact hes not notably injured, and i know it was probably chaos and i expect they are trying to secure the area but someone could have still helped him, they didnt have a clue what was happening as much as this guy.

[Edited on 16-04-2013 by Nismo]
FAZ
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 06:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that another explosion going off in pic 2?
Ben J

16th Apr 13 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suprised no-one has blamed Maggie Thatcher yet.
Nismo

16th Apr 13 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daily Mail is useful for pictures

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2309545/Named-Boy-8-waiting-runner-dad-hug-finish-line-Boston-Marathon-bombings-killed-grievously-injured-mother-sister-Woman-twenties-dead-144-hurt-17-critical.html
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 07:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
is that another explosion going off in pic 2?

Yeah.

10 seconds after the first explosion, 100 metres down the road, just as people from the finish line area would have been running towards it.
Ste
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
I thought that too. Puts them on the same level as the reporter who shoves a microphone in the face of someone who's just been blown up to ask "how they feel".

I disagree, and agree! I think having video evidence right after an explosion can be extremely useful to law enforcement and also as a learning tool for the future to see how people react etc and where training can be improved.

On the other hand, filming people who are severely injured just for the sake of it is a bit sick

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In his video, someone leans over the fence with a camera then walks away, leaving room for other people to move the fence and help.

That isn't right.
Jamie Walby

16th Apr 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Daily Mail photo of the chap walking away with his trousers ripped practically off.... How lucky is he that he could walk away? Surely if the blast/debris can do that to his clothes its a miracle his legs were not injured!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can see the guy in the cowboy hat in quite alot of photos and videos helping people, hes the one that was holding the turnique on the guys leg that had been blown off below the knee

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
3CorsaMeal

16th Apr 13 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graphic pics warning
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f10/boston-marathon-after-bomb-pics-125343/

can see a foot on the far left of 2nd pic, i can't imagine looking down to see my leg like that

[Edited on 16-04-2013 by 3CorsaMeal]
Brett
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Graphic pics warning
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f10/boston-marathon-after-bomb-pics-125343/

can see a foot on the far left of 2nd pic, i can't imagine looking down to see my leg like that

3CorsaMeal

16th Apr 13 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found worse as well, someone literally a pile of bodyparts, guess its one of the dead.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Explosions in Boston (US) 23 database queries in 0.0182080 seconds