corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Game of Thrones - Season 4

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Game of Thrones - Season 4
Aaron

User status: Offline
15th Jun 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok Russell..
Ben G

16th Jun 14 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Guys at work seem to love this programme. I think it's a pile of horse spunk tbh. Just sayin.

And you felt the need to tell us that why?
mwg

16th Jun 14 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First person I've heard say that. Normally the only reason people don't watch it is because they've not got Sky.
Ben G

16th Jun 14 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In other words, poor people.
C2RL R

16th Jun 14 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the finale. Only started watching it a few weeks ago but managed to get through all 40 episodes. I think I have missed some of the smaller details through not fully paying attention but still enjoyed it. Was running out of characters that I actually like so am glad to say that the few that were left are still alive.
I still can't get over Ned Stark being killed off haha. He was a legend!
Cavey

16th Jun 14 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tough choice tonight, GoT or Iran v Nigeria... - No chance i'm watching the football
Balling
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great season finale, imo.

Surprised by a few things that played out very differently than the books.

Ben G

17th Jun 14 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was pretty good!

Fucking get in you lovely midget.
Cavey

17th Jun 14 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to zombie mountain
mwg

17th Jun 14 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Children of the Forest bit was really weird, not like anything we've seen before. Not sure if I like it or not. Anyone know why there were wights buried in the snow waiting for Bran etc. to come along?

I knew Tywin was going to die but it's a shame he has as he's a great character, liked how nasty he could be.
Balling
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bran's storyline is just so fucking shit. Couldn't care less if he was killed off.
Shame about Jojen, though. First character I can recall being killed off on the show, despite still being alive in the books.

mwg

17th Jun 14 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's dragged on. TBH Daenerys story has been shit too. Lots of sitting round trying to act regal. Looks like she's got a stick shoved up her arse.
Cavey

17th Jun 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I've got a bit bored of her storyline too, and it seems the show has as well, given how little screentime it gets, I'm guessing it'll get a lot better later in the books though. Although saying that, it is interesting how things have gone for her.

The Children are mentioned in the second book, so i'm assuming they've been there all along in the 3rd and 4th as well? (Haven't got that far yet)
Mad Moe

17th Jun 14 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just blitzed my way through the whole thing over the past few weeks and whilst it's an enjoyable show I can’t help feeling a little be disappointed by the whole thing. I really enjoyed the first two season and there have been some fantastic episodes with some stunning twists and turns however there has equally, if not more so, been some absolute dross that felt filler in an attempt to drag it out to 10 episodes. I’m finding myself now just willing the Dragons on to get massive and just lay waste to everyone.
Hammer

17th Jun 14 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember 1 filler episode, they wipe out main characters with such ease it's refreshing.
Pop

17th Jun 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Bran's storyline is just so fucking shit. Couldn't care less if he was killed off.
Shame about Jojen, though. First character I can recall being killed off on the show, despite still being alive in the books.

Rob Starks wife wasn't at the red wedding in the books. A little bit of me hopes either she or Jojen feature again in future books as it would give the Directors of the TV series a headache.

[Edited on 17-06-2014 by Pop]
Balling
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

G.R.R. Martin works as a producer and writer on the show, so I'm pretty sure they clear stuff off with him before making major changes.

But, seeing as they're quickly catching up with the books, I'd love to see the two stories go their separate ways, sort of like the Walking Dead series and graphic novel feature the same themes and people, but slightly different stories.

DC90

17th Jun 14 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anybody read the books? Apparently stoneheart should have made an appearance yesterday... (Google it if you want to know who she is, bit of a spoiler)
Balling
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Should have" is saying a lot, really.

Most readers, myself included, were fully expecting it, as it would fit with the timeline.

And I wouldn't say looking it up is "a bit of a spoiler", but a huge one.

Eck
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 04:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

The Children are mentioned in the second book, so i'm assuming they've been there all along in the 3rd and 4th as well? (Haven't got that far yet)

Tbh, there's next to fuckall about them in the third or the fourth I can imagine season 5 will have a few shocks with the twists though.
DC90

18th Jun 14 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
"Should have" is saying a lot, really.

Most readers, myself included, were fully expecting it, as it would fit with the timeline.

And I wouldn't say looking it up is "a bit of a spoiler", but a huge one.

I haven't read the books so for me I'm just indifferent, seems like a lot of people are pretty angry about it! I have no idea how much of a spoiler it is, I don't even know what role she plays.

[Edited on 18-06-2014 by DC90]
mwg

18th Jun 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read the books either but I did read a little bit about her. Not really that fussed about her making a reappearance
Ben J

18th Jun 14 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've really enjoyed this season.

Possibly slightly more gritty than previous seasons.

Thought "The Children" were a bit random. Bran is pissing me off tbh.

Would have liked to have had an update on Sansa Stark and Stuart from Queer As Folk too tbh.

[Edited on 18-06-2014 by Ben J]
Ben J

18th Jun 14 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Has anybody read the books? Apparently stoneheart should have made an appearance yesterday... (Google it if you want to know who she is, bit of a spoiler)

I'm still convinced Ned Stark will come back somehow.
Pop

18th Jun 14 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I can remember of the books she doesn't feature much as a character. Possibly she will be used more in the future.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Game of Thrones - Season 4 23 database queries in 0.0146601 seconds