corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cost of an engagement ring?

Poll: Cost of an engagement ring?
Kinder egg toy 6 (8.22%)
Under £50 5 (6.85%)
£51-£100 3 (4.11%)
£101-£200 1 (1.37%)
£201-£500 13 (17.81%)
£501-£1000 7 (9.59%)
£1001-£1500 8 (10.96%)
£1501-£2000 11 (15.07%)
£2001-£5000 11 (15.07%)
By the power of Greyskull! 8 (10.96%)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cost of an engagement ring?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
30th Jan 15 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
If you want an idea of how impressed she is when you give her the ring you can measure how much the fanny twitches in cms and work it out

Or in reality you work out how high you've just sent the bar of expectation for the next gift you buy / gesture you make
Nic Barnes

30th Jan 15 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found that when i spent a few quid for a birthday present then felt like i had to big dog it more for christmas time.
taylorboosh

30th Jan 15 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic is 100% goinh to marry his first ever girlfriend
AK

30th Jan 15 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant remember... but think it was about £1400. The wedding ring is normally cheaper.

Engagement ring - platinum with diamond solitaire
Wedding Ring - platinum band

I think my wedding ring was about £700.... more than Fee's because of materials used.

Its not the ring(s you should worry about... its the wedding cost :O (if you are having a wedding with guests etc)
AK

30th Jan 15 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had to go search

wedding rings, both Platinum

Flat Court wedding band, 3mm wide, size J – £381.00

Flat Court wedding band, 5mm wide, size T – £747.00

Cant find engagement one just now
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 15 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GOod luck to nic tbh, no doubt he'll have to take some relationship advise from Steve along the way
Whittie

30th Jan 15 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of 2000 orders, the average order value for engagement rings came out at £2,350. Hope that helps...
kz

30th Jan 15 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't really thought about it but having to buy two rings is a pain in the arse innit. Maybe I'll do a weeks wages on the engagement ring and a months wages on the wedding ring
Nic Barnes

30th Jan 15 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Nic is 100% goinh to marry his first ever girlfriend
i haven't spoken to my first ever girlfriend in bloody years. Think she is a southerner now actually. Fucker still probably has my snoop dogg cd from 1993
CorsAsh

30th Jan 15 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Its not the ring(s you should worry about... its the wedding cost :O (if you are having a wedding with guests etc)

Agreed

Regards the engagement ring, spend time getting something you know she'll love, not jut the biggest rock you can find. My fiancée for example hates traditional solitaires as she'd get it caught on stuff all the time, so even if I'd spent €5k on one of them she'd not like it as much as one she could wear all the time but only costs half the amount.
RichR
Premium Member

30th Jan 15 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here Ash, I went for colour and clarity over carat as if it was too big or too ornate, it would constantly catch on things and impede her work and daily life. I chose the diamond that looked best and the setting was designed to both protect the diamond but to also show off the base which is normally hidden by the setting.
Weddings are eye-wateringly expensive although I do have a zip line and assault course at mine!
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Traditional wedding ceremonies are fucking boring as sin. I try to avoid them at all costs. Basically nobody apart from close family really wants to be there, you're effectively paying them to attend. I would make mine totally different and somewhat fun
Graham88

31st Jan 15 at 02:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree about the size of the rock. I went for a 3 diamond setup so that it wasn't ridiculous to use day to day. I am surprised how many people have made it known what they spent to their other halves. Mine doesn't have a clue and she will never find out
AndyKent

31st Jan 15 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be hard for you Davey, hating the rest of the world all the time

People place different value on different things. I didn't flinch at spending a reasonable (less than some on here, more than a grand) on something she'll wear for years and years.

I could have been more high and mighty about spending the cash on something else but I value our future and spent the money accordingly.

Houses holidays and even the wedding day come and go, but she'll always have her engagement ring on.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There shouldn't even be a link between your future and how much you spend on a ring.

Would your future have been different if you didn't spend much on it?
AndyKent

31st Jan 15 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, fair point looking at it as simply as that.

But I wouldn't buy myself a £10 watch I expect to last several years, and so in the same way wouldn't buy a cheap ring I expect to last a lifetime.
pow
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Davey likes me... I think
Balling
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
There shouldn't even be a link between your future and how much you spend on a ring.
To some degree. A plastic ring probably won't last the rest of your life.

But no degree of diamonds is going to increase the longevity of a ring.
On the contrary, the only thing that has broken on my wedding ring is the stone coming loose.

GB123
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
But I wouldn't buy myself a £10 watch I expect to last several years, and so in the same way wouldn't buy a cheap ring I expect to last a lifetime.

A watch has a function though, however, saying that, I've had the cheapest £7 Casio you can get for years and it's still going.
Nic Barnes

31st Jan 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does amuse me how people get so annoyed at what other people spend on things. I do wonder if it's because they can't afford to and it's just jealousy, in reference to Dave lc anyway.
Rob E

31st Jan 15 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cut out the middle man and went to a bespoke ring maker. I paid a shade under £1500 and the ring was valued at £2700. I highlt recommend it. I had a sit down consultation with them to throw some initial ideas aroun. The ring was a one off design to my specifications and the company bent over backwards to deliver the ring four weeks earlier than I originally asked them for. We will definitely be going back to them for our wedding bands. Its probably the most expensive thing I've paid for upfront but worth every penny knowing how much she loves it
Gary
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you mrs help design it then?
SVM 286

31st Jan 15 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
I'm more interested in where I'd propose. Having something materialistic is fine, but I'd rather remember the occasion for being special.

Hardly think popping the question at Nandos but with a £5,000 ring would be a great story.

I asked 3,300m up a snow covered mountain with no one around and a blue sky day - not exactly Nandos.

Elegant Rich. Nicely done Sir.
Rob E

31st Jan 15 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Did you mrs help design it then?

I got her sister to casually get a bit of info out of her then took it with me and borrowed a ring from her jewellery collection for sizing. Perfect fit straight away.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell. Consultations

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cost of an engagement ring? 25 database queries in 0.0171840 seconds