corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
19th Jul 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Cesc to Utd won't ever happen.

AW said in the press conference the other day that due to our first refusal clause he is monitoring the situation. I reckon as soon as Barca agree any deal and therefore he is available, we will be straight in for him via the clause.

That said, anything can happen but this is one thing i'm 99% certain of. Don't think Cesc would go to United either. He's no RVP.

Not that I'm saying its happening, but it depends if Arsenal can match a bid by ourselves/justify matching a bid.
we dont have to, £25m first refusla clause baby
mwg

19th Jul 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Wenger would buy him. Just because Wenger never seems to go out and do what everyone else with a bit of sense would do.
Ben J

19th Jul 13 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Cesc to Utd won't ever happen.

AW said in the press conference the other day that due to our first refusal clause he is monitoring the situation. I reckon as soon as Barca agree any deal and therefore he is available, we will be straight in for him via the clause.

That said, anything can happen but this is one thing i'm 99% certain of. Don't think Cesc would go to United either. He's no RVP.

Not that I'm saying its happening, but it depends if Arsenal can match a bid by ourselves/justify matching a bid.
we dont have to, £25m first refusla clause baby

Barca must have never thought they'd be selling him before he was past it, when they agreed this!!

So Utd come in with a £35m bid. Barca agree it so he's for sale, clause activated, and so we say okay, we'll have him for the agreed £25m.

Barca lose out on £10m and Utd get mugged off.

Tbh surprised anyone is bothering bidding on Cesc unless they think AW won't activate clause.

[Edited on 19-07-2013 by Ben J]
mwg

19th Jul 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can't think he will or they wouldn't do it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. He is a little bit crazy after all
Ben J

19th Jul 13 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AW said in press conf. the other day that they are monitoring the Cesc situation and Utd bid due to our clause. So he must be thinking about bringing him back.

I know he and Cesc have been in regular contact too since he left. I'd be astounded if AW didn't activated clause if he becomes available.

Surely the easiest decision he'd ever have to make as Arsenal Manager

Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I don't think Wenger would buy him. Just because Wenger never seems to go out and do what everyone else with a bit of sense would do.
true dat
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
AW said in press conf. the other day that they are monitoring the Cesc situation and Utd bid due to our clause. So he must be thinking about bringing him back.

I know he and Cesc have been in regular contact too since he left. I'd be astounded if AW didn't activated clause if he becomes available.

Surely the easiest decision he'd ever have to make as Arsenal Manager

yup. he also said that he would be surprised if he left this year. next seaosn if nothing changes, perhaps. no david villa now, porobs no alexi sanchez if they offload him too plus xavi is like 47 now
Nath

19th Jul 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
They can't think he will or they wouldn't do it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. He is a little bit crazy after all

'Higuain to Arsenal almost done deal'

1 day later

'Arsenal set to announce new signing'

1 hour later

'Arsenal FC are delighted to announce they have agreed terms with 17 year old Marseille startlet N'sungu M'bungu from Senegal'
Ben J

19th Jul 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why I've not got excited about any of the media stuff.

I'll believe the big signings when I see them on Arsenal.com.

Until then i'll expect to start the season with what we've got.

If we don't make big signings though the fans will start the biggest shit storm ever seen.

Nath

19th Jul 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This is why I've not got excited about any of the media stuff.

I'll believe the big signings when I see them on Arsenal.com.

Until then i'll expect to start the season with what we've got.

best way
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we dont make any signigns i think youll see the fans turning very viciously on wenger and the board - whoich obv wont help anythign!

i think some of these big name moves wonty happen until the end of the window tbh (not a problem with suarez though :/ ...)
mwg

19th Jul 13 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/19/manchester-united-cesc-fabregas?CMP=twt_gu
DC90

19th Jul 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/19/manchester-united-cesc-fabregas?CMP=twt_gu

As much as I want Cesc at united this was the reply I expected from barca
Hammer

19th Jul 13 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
He shouldn't be, another vastly over rated striker.

I wish some cunt would buy Higuian and stop going for second rate strikers for millions more
i like him but much better options available and for much more reasonable money

Can't think of any much better options never mind cheaper on the market?

Falcao and Suarez are probably the only 2 I'd go for over him and 1 has just joined Monaco. RVP isn't going to Arsenal, Rooney isn't prolific enough to be considered in the same bracket from a striking point of view, Mandzukic isn't leaving Bayern, Gomez has just joined someone else, Zlatan is getting on a bit and Lewandowski has been told he's going nowhere.

Guys like; Negredo, Jovetic and the likes are all second rate. Higuian has a better record at a higher level over a longer period and is still only 25. Problem Arsenal have now is Chelsea are supposedly in for him!
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noooo i meant re jovetic!
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good analogy above btw... think suarez would be amazing if not for the cuntishness and at the price and because hes at liverpool, its a huge gamble IMO to seemingly leave higuain hanging to pursue suarez (which more than likely will go the end of august due to hius ban) when if we fail with those 2, who else is there? Lewandowski isnt the most consistent even if i think bvb will sell eventually but he will go to munich to replace gomez not mandzukic, hes already said he doesnt want to go to england. I think AW is interested in Rooney and Cesc but for the same CAM / no 10 role in any case (altho rooney is nailed on to chels if he goes it seems)

it really is suarez (), higuain or bust for us! and i cant see liverpool selling for less than the £40m being banded about (I think £35m is a fair fee if im being honest, same bracket as aguero not the nonsense lavezzi/cavani money) and even then, last few days of deadline day due to his ban

[Edited on 19-07-2013 by Robbo]
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we still desperately need a new holding player (be it Bender or Fellaini, Bender + Cesc or just Fellaini for me as he can do both well), a 4th choice CB (Williams if TV5 is out for a while) and the experienced GK preferably... plus replace any 1st team players who leave (Sagna/Gervinho), worried we are too fixated on a striker! we may be a better team now than 2 years ago but we had RVP 2 years ago and still only just scraped CL footy!
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PSG about to sign 19y/o Marquinhos from Roma for €35m :/
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370146/Arsenal-interested-Juan-Mata-Chelsea.html

be amazing, but seems unlikely. Heard yesterdya or day befopre that we are interested in either Hazard or Mata if Chelsea sell them for FFP
Tommy L

19th Jul 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"nufc are now officially in talks for Bafetimbi Gomis and the player is understood to be keen on the move"

No idea how well he did for Lyon
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good player, quite old then isnt he (like 30?)
Cavey

19th Jul 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, was good a few years back, is getting on a bit now though.
Robbo

19th Jul 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look away now Nath...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23374082

Nath

19th Jul 13 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Look away now Nath...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23374082

Bless 'em
Tommy L

19th Jul 13 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
good player, quite old then isnt he (like 30?)
Wiki says he's 28 next month. Would of been shocked if we had bought a 30 year old Good to know he's French

<<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0297680 seconds