corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
AlexW

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decent present, happy birthday
Simon_16v

23rd Dec 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Croft next?

Happy birthday and I'll pop round tonight if you aren't busy?
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Dec 13 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah man whatever, my old man is popping round for a bit - but feel free.

Just make sure you've got clothes on.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

23rd Dec 13 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
yeah man whatever, my old man is popping round for a bit - but feel free.

Just make sure you've got clothes on.

Likewise, I don't want to see your birthday suit
Ben G

23rd Dec 13 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that because you've already seen it
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 13 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont put through more power, you really dont need it
Simon_16v

23rd Dec 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
dont put through more power, you really dont need it

Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Dec 13 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who said anything about needing it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
daine
Premium Member

24th Dec 13 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remember Kyle! My brother always says "BHP" is a great substitute for talent.

320 reliable Horse Power is better than a none reliable 400 hp
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Dec 13 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But 400bhp is clearly a bigger number than 320bhp

So it wins haha

Simon_16v

24th Dec 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
But 400bhp is clearly a bigger number than 320bhp

So it wins haha

BarnshaW

24th Dec 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

400bhp would be plenty reliable on a standard healthy newage sti engine
taylorboosh

24th Dec 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about kyles cat d?
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Dec 13 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
"BHP" is a great substitute for talent.

Exactly... your point?

I'm not cutting corners with regards to reliability etc, so the car should be nice and driveable and reliable when I've added some more bits. 400bhp is probably the upper-end of what I should expect on the turbo I've bought anyway, more likely to be in the 380-390 region.

320bhp is plenty fast enough for me, doesn't stop me fannying around though - all part of the fun eh.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Dec 13 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
What about kyles cat d?

450 on mine, it clearly knows how to handle a hard time.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
daine
Premium Member

24th Dec 13 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not having a dig Kyle, just saying an extra 100 bhp doesn't make you a better driver,
just allows you to crash faster, practice on a regular basis makes you a better driver!

Don't get like 9 out of 10 track day warriors, just like to stand about and boast how much horse power
there cars got
taylorboosh

24th Dec 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he just enjoys modding it mate.... I agree 400 is better
AndyCorsaSport

24th Dec 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
Don't get like 9 out of 10 track day warriors, just like to stand about and boast how much horse power
there cars got

Agree with this in a way. Did Cadwell in a standard 182. Was another 182 on ITB's stripped with a cage, coilovers etc. I passed him on rather a few occasions and cornered loads faster. The guy was about 40/50 I'd say, just goes to show some times it's not always the mods and can be the driver
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Dec 13 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I think he just enjoys modding it mate....

Nailed it.

I don't care how many Clio's overtake me tbh, I'm not throwing money at the car to make me competitive in a series or to enhance my penis in the paddock between sessions...

If ultimate pace was my goal I'd be spending on track time and tuition, but I like buying real stuff and bolting it on.

I'm enjoying improving the car, replacing stuff for nice shiney parts and increasing performance as I go. I'm learning shit loads about working on cars too.

Car didn't NEED coilovers, red LEDs inside, a ride to Stafford for setup just like it doesn't need any more power.

If CS prefers I'll just inform you of wind deflectors and my six monthly oil changes, and keep the rest a secret?

[Edited on 24-12-2013 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
daine
Premium Member

24th Dec 13 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said earlier Kyle, not having a dig, understand your angle now, Enough said!
and fair play for doing it right
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Dec 13 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I think the PC950 will be a decent compromise. It's the same length as my current battery but 80mm thinner so I could set the battery up flush to the washer bottle/fuse box and have the catch can between the battery and the headlight.

Think I'll just wait till my current battery dies, it's on it's way out I'm sure as every few days I get a single alarm chirp on startup which apparently signifies a low battery, and I ran it flat back when doing my HVAC LED's just from 5mins testing on the drive with the lights on and ignition off

Well, looks like today is the day I consider another battery.

Alarm has been chirping on startup everyday since it got "cold" and this morning failed to turn over at all. Will jump it off later today, take it for a blast and see how it copes tomorrow - assuming it's ready for the bin I'll look at ordering one of the bigger Odyssey batteries so I've got the option of a boot relocation (they're enclosed batteries) in the future if I decide to go that way.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is finally starting under its own steam again!

Due to festive slackness in the postal system, my new battery only arrived last night...

Immediately noticed that the terminals were on the wrong side The Redtop batteries are available with both terminal layouts so I just thought I'd misclicked (later checked, and they sent the wrong one... not my fault!)

Got the battery into the car to see if my wiring would allow for the different layout, and found my positive terminal to be about 3" short.

Did all sorts of fannying around trying to make it fit, even considered mounting the battery on its side (these ones can do that, nothing to leak out) but wasn't happy with it.

Nipped out to Motosave hoping to find a replacement battery terminal which was a bit longer, but they just wanted to sell me a new battery.

Went over to Halfords expecting the same but found an 18" battery extension cable!

Bit long, but it would do.

Got the extension wired in and insulated, then mounted the battery. Was dark so will tidy it all up today at somepoint...

During the day yesterday, I had a bit of a rant (via e-mail of course ) to BC Racing about my rattly rear top mounts. I was really hoping that Chevron would find something incorrectly installed or damaged when working on my car to fix the issue, but they just said the top mount bearing had too much play in it.

I managed to get myself a set of replacement topmount bearings FOC from BC Racing, so once they arrive I'll look at swapping them over. I've got instructions from Chevron on how to drop my rear struts without messing up the setup work they did for me.

If the bearings are simply a poor design, this won't fix the issue - but I may consider sending the old bearings off to an engineering firm to see if they can knock up something to match, but with better quality etc.

Peace out.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

7th Jan 14 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet
Matt L

7th Jan 14 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you not getting the battery replaced? seems a shame that it looks so messy considering how ocd you have been over the rest of it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah CBA returning it but it's all wired in nice and tidy now. Shall sort pics at the weekend... Maybe.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0289979 seconds