corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Jambo

User status: Offline
9th Jun 14 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that Rob, I don't think they will quit or use a 2014 car for the 2015 setup

I'm not sure how they haven't managed to overcome this savage power delivery yet. I am 100% sure if it was that simple they would have done it, but surely just needs a remap

Ben G

9th Jun 14 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stage 2 Dave A remap needed imo.
JonnyJ

9th Jun 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
that wouldn't help much to be honest. A number of the reasons that the Merc engine is better than all the rest is know but the problem is no-one can do anything about it due to the lockdown on engine changes.

I bet if teams were allowed to change thier engines/packaging it would be closer now and that other cars would be running similar systems with split turbos etc.

The problem is Merc have been working on the design for years now so even if someone did switch they are still playing a major game of catchup on them.

The whole split turbo thing is well overstated as the reason Merc have this advantage. Both Ferrari and Renault had the idea too, but after looking into it decided their designs would be better off without it. I know you wasnt saying that but its a pet peeve of mine that people keep saying that this is the reason Merc are in front, i blame Sky Sports and their misinformation.

Your last paragraph is spot on. Merc have just been developing their systems far, far longer than any other team. Their hybrid systems are so well integrated to give a useable power delivery, that is also the most powerful and decent on fuel too, they've got everything. Combine that with the engine and chassis factories working together, to create a car that is aerodynamically one of the best and they've got an unbeatable package.

I really dont know what Ferrari's excuse is, they have all the resources, they make the engines in a factory that is right next door to where they make the cars. I'd suggest their management structure is old fashioned and all to pot, something Merc started to put in place from 2010. A lot of people questioned it at the time (too many cooks in the kitchen) but look at the results.
Rick Draper

9th Jun 14 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJI really dont know what Ferrari's excuse is, they have all the resources, they make the engines in a factory that is right next door to where they make the cars. I'd suggest their management structure is old fashioned and all to pot, something Merc started to put in place from 2010. A lot of people questioned it at the time (too many cooks in the kitchen) but look at the results.

Ferraris problems is it has reverted to Italian spaghetti Management structure. Its been carnage ever since Todt, Brawn, Schumacher and Byrne left.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jun 14 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently Massa pulled 27G on the crash at the end

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

10th Jun 14 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

I really dont know what Ferrari's excuse is, they have all the resources, they make the engines in a factory that is right next door to where they make the cars. I'd suggest their management structure is old fashioned and all to pot, something Merc started to put in place from 2010. A lot of people questioned it at the time (too many cooks in the kitchen) but look at the results.

Yup, basically what I think. It would seem they are quite American in their approach to just threaten people with their individual jobs if the team don't pull something miraculous out the bag. This is all largely down to the culture and management. They seem to have a lack of innovation which was confirmed in the press recently. DiMontezemolo needs to either get stuck in or piss off and leave the team too it, because is current habit of skulking around firing people is clearly not working. Ive never liked the Ferrari team due to past questionable tactics etc, but this year I followed my driver there and am fucking hating being a Scuderia fan
All the issues they seem to face are ones largely ironed out by the rest of the pack after Melbourne!

They should probably just write this season off and concentrate on 2015's car if they are going to have a hope in hell's chance of keeping up.

BenG: I was thinking more superchips
Ben G

20th Jun 14 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9355703/a-proposal-to-follow-safety-car-periods-with-standing-starts-has-been-approved

Good idea or not? I personally love the tension at the start, but having it after a safety car period may not be the best idea.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jun 14 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm undecided. The current system gives the P1 sitter a rightful advantage as they dictate the "green light" to a certain extend. Having it back on the grid puts a bit more of a lottery on the start which may shake up races. Not saying it's bad... or good... just undecided

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Scotty_B

20th Jun 14 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should follow the Nascar/Indycar way and line up rolling start style with a set speed and only go when the green light says so.

[Edited on 20-06-2014 by Scotty_B]
JonnyJ

20th Jun 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I'm undecided. The current system gives the P1 sitter a rightful advantage as they dictate the "green light" to a certain extend. Having it back on the grid puts a bit more of a lottery on the start which may shake up races. Not saying it's bad... or good... just undecided

Exactly. You'd be pretty bummed if you were leading the race by a mile, then a safety car meant a restart a few laps before the end, you bogged down and finished 4th
Ben G

20th Jun 14 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Titanium skid plates are proper lol silly. Whos idea was that?
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same person as the trumpet exhaust imo
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucked up again
Aaron

21st Jun 14 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be an interesting start to the race tomorrow, given the quali result
JonnyJ

21st Jun 14 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Fucked up again

Looked like a brake by wire problem to me. Rear end shouldn't lock up like that, just completely snapped on him.
Ben G

21st Jun 14 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that makes things interesting at least.

I saw bottas? Lock up in fp1 unusually into turn 1 I believe. Seems a few teams are having the brake by wire issue here.

I haven't seen quali, but it appears that lewis is having that same issue.
Jambo

21st Jun 14 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

21st Jun 14 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Fucked up again

You have no knowledge or f1 at all, so please gtfo and go play with some vinyl wrap.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right
JonnyJ

21st Jun 14 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting tomorrow for sure, can't beat watching Lewis work his way through, just needs to stay out of trouble in the opening lap and remember the car is fast enough to get him back near the front.

Rosberg getting tangled up with someone at turn 1 would be nice.
Ben G

21st Jun 14 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf rosberg is just as good a driver, although doesn't have that killer instinct that lewis has and desire to win at all costs.

Can't beat seeing one of the top drivers coming through the pack either way, be that vettel, Alonso, lewis or Nico.
Jambo

21st Jun 14 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great qually.

Liking the fact that the other teams are catching up, be it setup, upgrades or Mercedes having troubles. It's good for a fight. Going to be a good race, this circuit looks very good.
JonnyJ

21st Jun 14 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Williams are like Mercedes of last season, hard on their tyres so on tracks where tyre warm up is tricky, they benefit. They'll be one of the first to pit tomorrow and will struggle with race pace. That said, Lewis was 4 tenths up on Bottas in the first part of Q3, through sector 2. If he doesn't make that mistake he gets pole even without his 2nd run. Marc still have a fair advantage. Just hope the Williams can hold Nico up long enough for Lewis to catch him.

[Edited on 21-06-2014 by JonnyJ]
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis' bad phase continues. Better now then later though! Hoping for good damage limitation tomorrow, or maybe Massa pulls his usual trick and ends up tangled up with somebody (Nico) into T1

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

21st Jun 14 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar problem to Montreal was it not? They want to be fixing that touts de suite.

<<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0276492 seconds