corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Transfers summer 2014

New Poll
  <<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transfers summer 2014
Marc

User status: Offline
11th Aug 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Angelo Henriquez out on loan again. Strange that he isn't wanting to keep him at OT this season. Especially as we have only brought 2 in and they are looking at shifting 4+.
Cavey

11th Aug 14 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf is happening with Nick Powell?
mwg

11th Aug 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we basically bought him to ruin his career and so no one else would have him
DC90

11th Aug 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mangina is a decent signing for city, I reckon he'll be a monster in the prem!
p

12th Aug 14 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Rick Draper spotted at Wembley yesterday
https://twitter.com/LFCFootyNews/status/498475115374710784

Mind boggles it really does
Cavey

12th Aug 14 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I think we basically bought him to ruin his career and so no one else would have him

Definitely seems like it, same for Zaha, and Rodwell and Sinclair for city.

Tough one for kids, get a chance to sit on the bench for 3 years at a massive club, or join a smaller club and maybe actually get a game
Rob_Quads

12th Aug 14 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You missed out a vital part... sit on the bench but make three times as much money

IMO its killing players progression but while lots of people complain its the foreigners, the players do them selves no favors by going to a team where they are obviously not 1st team quality and so can only expect to be on the bench.

Regular first team football for a lesser side will make you a much better footballer than a few minutes every other week for a top team
Marc

12th Aug 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always get me when teams like Everton, Spurs and Southampton start to be contenders for the top 4 and domestic cups then the big teams come along and flash the cash and literally tear the small teams apart.

In recent seasons Everton and other have been looking good and Southampton were looking like they could cement the top 4.

As said at times the big moves ruin the players career.

Coming from a United fan whos team regularly does this too!
mwg

12th Aug 14 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't agree with clubs such as Man United buying young talent and then not using it. We spent a lot of money on Zaha too and he hasn't even been given a chance.
Marc

12th Aug 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mentioned us as although we aren't no where near as bad as Chelsea and City we have bought young players that don't really get a chance.
mwg

12th Aug 14 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't saying that I don't agree with you, I was saying I don't agree with Man United etc. doing what they do
Marc

12th Aug 14 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh
mwg

12th Aug 14 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob_Quads

12th Aug 14 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the top teams do it just at different levels. Chelsea and City way more than the others (as the others can't afford to).

Really hoping the same doesn't happen to the likes of Chambers etc. I do wonder if the likes of the OX should have gone out for a season as he is always going to struggle to get regular games at the moment.
Robbo

12th Aug 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the contrary, I think Ox will get a substantial amount of game time this season. He'll push Walcott all the way and can cover on the left flank for Cazorla.

Think we will still see one of Podolski, Campbell and Gnabry leaving this Summer, just too much there. Hopefully Gnabry on loan but he has been injured for god knows how long with little said about him so f*** knows! Hopefully get rid of Miyaichi too but again, perennially injured. He and Diaby are out of contract next Summer and can def see both leaving.

Also think Chambers will get a lot of game time this season, though no idea where. Very impressed with him in pre-season but seriously hope that doesn't prompt Wenger into pussying out of adequately replacing Vermaelen!

Suspect Wenger may consider Bellerin for RB cover leaving Chambers as CB/CDM cover so we may not see a proper DM come in but I sincerely hope we get a decent quality CB in... not happy about links to Agger or Manolas but would be very happy with Howedes, think he could be prised for the right price too. Nastasic and Schar also linked, who would be sufficient.

We have only spent £30m net (+ a fair amount in wages) this Summer so still plenty of money left (c.£100m ......) if we want to do something crazy; like Reus, Gustavo, Carvalho, Hummels (lol) etc. etc.

[Edited on 12-08-2014 by Robbo]
DC90

12th Aug 14 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rojo hands in transfer request as he wants to join united. Anyone seen much of him?
Steve
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A signing
Steve
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better than Vermaelen imo
Russ

12th Aug 14 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve never even heard of him
Steve
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only seen him play at the wc, fully basing my opinion on that. Got in the team of the wc though

[Edited on 12-08-2014 by Steve]
Marc

12th Aug 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
youve never even heard of him

tom130691
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 06:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
You missed out a vital part... sit on the bench but make three times as much money

IMO its killing players progression but while lots of people complain its the foreigners, the players do them selves no favors by going to a team where they are obviously not 1st team quality and so can only expect to be on the bench.

Regular first team football for a lesser side will make you a much better footballer than a few minutes every other week for a top team

what about the better coaches, training facilities and better talent around you to train with
Eck
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 07:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Training counts for nothing if you're not getting game time to carry out the skills gained.
Rob_Quads

13th Aug 14 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed - Yes there will be better coaches etc and maybe facilities although I might argue that any team in the premiership now will have fairly good facilities - maybe not so many luxuries.

but I would still say that a player in the lesser team playing day in day out will end up being a better player 1 year later than someone who has trained with the best and played 10 games as a 10 minute sub and the odd early FA Cup match
tom130691
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
agreed - Yes there will be better coaches etc and maybe facilities although I might argue that any team in the premiership now will have fairly good facilities - maybe not so many luxuries.

but I would still say that a player in the lesser team playing day in day out will end up being a better player 1 year later than someone who has trained with the best and played 10 games as a 10 minute sub and the odd early FA Cup match

thats how it works on football manager atleast

<<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Transfers summer 2014 23 database queries in 0.0283740 seconds