corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  50    51    52    53    54    55    56  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
7th Jan 14 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will it not fit in turned through 180 degrees?

Am sure you already thought about it and there's a reason why not.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does, but I'd need to drill some new holes for the battery holder thingy.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh hang on you said 180 not 90...

The negative would need extending too if I did that, rather than just the positive.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

7th Jan 14 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what bearings do rear top mounts have in them? I only have bearings on the front and the strut turns with the wheels.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same type of bearing as the fronts to allow for the camber to be adjusted. No real need for them as I don't need extreme camber at the back, OEM style rubber mounts would be fine (and quiet) if they could be modified to fit my springs.

That'll be the next plan if the bearings don't help...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pillowball bearings?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Christopher

7th Jan 14 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have just sent back the battery Kyle :/
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
Should have just sent back the battery Kyle :/

Why so? It fits with a £4 bit of wire, works fine - and will probably end up in my boot at somepoint. (hence me shelling out for this type of battery).

To return it would have been another few days worth of driving my missus' car, or jumping mine off for every journey. Definitely not worth the aggro.

Postman delivered my bearings from BC Racing today, and I was impressed to find that they came already installed into replacement surrounds.

Should be really straight forward to install them once the car is jacked up. It goes without saying that these bearings are stiff as hell, no play in these for sure. I'll be hoping that my currently installed ones are obviously knackered when I take them from the car, but I'll remain skeptical that this will fix my issue (purely because BC are so skeptical!).

Can't ignore trying it as it's cost me nothing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

7th Jan 14 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are the bearings held into the surrounds, with a cir-clip as we thought?
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think so, if you look at the one on the left on the bottom picture you can see four chrome bolts? They hold a plate on which I believe is just holding the bearing in place.

I reckon they're easy to swap bearings in if it came to it, but I won't touch these - we can play with the ones which come off the car

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

7th Jan 14 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well next time I go home I will pop into that bearing place and see what they say
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wee update, I swapped the bearings on the rear struts with no positive impact on the soundtrack from the rear. I'm settling now on the fact that the solid top mounts will always transmit sound this way. Seriously considering cutting my losses on these and going for some more street focused/less track focused units with rubber rear top mounts.

One of the things Simon @ Chevron told me was one of the best handling per £ modifications I could now do to my car, was one of the most least expected things I thought he would say....

A Strut brace!

I always thought strut braces were in a similar league to wind deflectors, easy to fit but functionless.

He told me to buy "any old cheap shit", as long as it doesn't bend and doesn't foul the intercooler.... so I did exactly that.

I also got a rear with it, but it's not right for my car - and useless anyway by all accounts, so will be off up for sale.

I'm not a fan of the pink on this particular occasion, so rubbed the ends down with the plan to spray then with my Hammerite smooth. As I've got nowhere indoors, dry and warm to spray - they came out absolutely terrible

Think i'll just get them properly painted or powdercoated, and might get the bar itself done too... thinking red ends with a black bar. Needs more thought.

Also spent some cash in the Scoobynet classifieds, i'll update when I've got some pictures to take

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't look right red, will clash with the rest of the pink bits. I think it looks good pink but a bit late for that I suppose lol.

MX5 Project Thread
daymoon
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Msp auto paint of selby
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Wouldn't look right red, will clash with the rest of the pink bits. I think it looks good pink but a bit late for that I suppose lol.

No pink under the hood, all red and black

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

19th Jan 14 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looked great pink, wouldn't mind doing something like that for mine.

Deffo red/black/silver for your engine bay mind.
Jambo

19th Jan 14 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strut brace made world of difference on mine. But then I am missing a roof so that's probably why
Ben G

19th Jan 14 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely need one on mine, feels so strange when cornering hard, almost as if theres a delay between turning the wheel and the wheels turning in.
Jambo

19th Jan 14 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It improved steering feel more than any other sensnatkon
Simon_16v

20th Jan 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get the bits powercoated, will be more durable than paint and a better finish.

When is the turbo going on FFS!?
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
When is the turbo going on FFS!?

CS said I can't make it faster, so it's staying in my bedroom.

I've got a million parts to buy before the turbo goes on, no rush

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

21st Jan 14 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sc46 billet
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
sc46 billet

Next year maybe

Got my parcels today from my latest purchase.

Picked them up from the Scoobynet classifieds, I'd sort of talked myself into paying the £500 for Defi's at somepoint - but these came up for an absolute steal. Defi's are "the" go-to gauges, but Prosport seem to have the award for best of the rest. These particular prosports are their top spec ones, with three colours (white/amber/blue) to chose from, peak and warning settings - and a little touch pad to control the settings for each one.

The gauges I got were oil pressure, boost pressure and water temperature. I really wanted oil pressure, boost pressure and oil temperature - so with that in mind I bought myself a fourth gauge...

That means for now, the water gauge is excess. I may plumb it in later and have it in an A-Pillar pod.

The pod is a genuine Defi one, few scuffs and marks so may paint it.

These are the wee touchpads for each gauge, only about 6" worth of cable for them so may solder on some extensions and fit these down in the ashtray. They're used to view/reset the peak reading, configure the warning and most importantly the colouring/brightness If I wire these up right, I should be able to have two preset (day/night) colour and brightness settings.

Picked this funky little setup up, it comes with a bung that will replace my OEM oil pressure sensor over cylinder 3 and allows me to tap both oil pressure and temp into it. The Oil Pressure gauge (the big bit) I splashed out on a bit, guess there's no point in getting decent gauges then going cheap on the sensor!

The gauges in the pod came with a boost sender and wiring for the pressure/temp sensor - so I'm good to go pending a decision on whether to paint the pod or not.

Will be configured amber, with an option to switch them to white. I may opt not to wire it into my headlights (to have a night/day switch) but instead wire it into the dimming switch I've got on my indicator stalk which has been redundant since fitting hawkeye clocks and an Evo timepiece.

I've only been talking about gauges since buying the car, looking forward to getting them in.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good!

Get Martin (MPS Autopaint) to paint the pod. You don't want something rattecanned that will be in your view all the time.

Sure I saw you in tesco petrol station this evening.
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah will get it painted properly if at all, still need to clean it up and see what sort of condition it's actually in!

Yep was at Brayton, as usual

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  50    51    52    53    54    55    56  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0304589 seconds