corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  51    52    53    54    55    56    57  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
25th Nov 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that picture above is laughable, looks nothing like that on my game or tv
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't driven that track yet but had a look on youtube just now for videos of it and it does appear to look like that in GT5
Jamie-C

25th Nov 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk

Loading times are silly - if you were plugged into the net last night yup, or if you didnt install.
Froze on me twice - again if you was plugged into the net.
AI are crap, bake way too early, I'm beating fast Mercedes in my Corolla AE86 - only crap on braking they are good eberywhere else.
Car tuning is rubbish - its not focused around lots of parts, its more focused on setting them up propperly
Track selectoin isn't amazing, where is the 'ring and Top Gear? - you need to unlock them first, highly annoying.

Nath

25th Nov 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
taken frmo the same tv, its an independant website thats done it not a fanboy site.

not that bothered about arguing about it lol, just thought it was quite bad.

Behave. Whoever made that shit clearly has an agenda. I'll rent it out and do the same seeing as I have Forza.
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve, the graphics are good, its the shadows which are terrible!! some will argue they are part and parcel, i suppose i wouldnt disagree..

the physics are better than what i would class as average physics, it is still better than forza, the physics on dirt is excellent, if you stop on a hill and try set off wheels just spin and the ffb feels excellent you can feel the dirt under you. ive not driven on snow yet.

regarding track selection.. im happy, but then ive played gt5p for years with only 5 tracks.. this might sound like im defending it but there are 70 variations of tracks, when you have driven them all and are reasonably quick at each one in any car then... moan about the amount of tracks.

unlocking is very old fasioned these days, while i accept and prefer the unlocking of cars to help maintain longevity of the game and not allow you to just save up for a good car and just use that to win all your races, the unlocking of tracks however is very annoying! i

the premium cars are amazing, there is no question but while some of the standard cars are almost on par you can still tell, but then some of the standards are utterly discusting and shouldnt even been allowed to get in the game..

we have been told by kas that updates are coming so i guess we can just wait and see whats in store.
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlkbeGmkhlI

doesn't look good to me, the landscaping in Forza looks a lot better
Tommy L

25th Nov 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This game is not finished. It will get better over time with updates
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have sat and played it yesterday for a couple of hours, graphics are not what i thought they were going to be in which case i prefer Forza however i love the different attributes that are brought to the game to make it more interesting ie licenses and the different forms of racing such as the karts and rallying etc etc.

I've been a harden fan of the GT series and had every single game but for pure sit down and play a short game for me it is Forza if i have time to spend however i would sit and play GT5

Nath

25th Nov 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather wait til it's on my actual TV. YouTube doesn't make anything look good.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cool, lets not all fall out about this, i iwsh to remain friends with all of you lot.
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L

Thats all well and good and I hope it does get better but how long have they spent working on it already
Nath

25th Nov 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
ok cool, lets not all fall out about this, i iwsh to remain friends with all of you lot.

Ok deal.
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I'd rather wait til it's on my actual TV. YouTube doesn't make anything look good.

yeah but just look at the background for example. just because you watch it on your own TV instead of youtube all those mountains and trees etc. aren't suddenly going to appear, they plain old just aren't there in the same kind of detail on GT5 in the first place! unfortunately
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3duf5I9LRgo
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L

what the game lacks is polish.. and we shouldnt have to wait for updates to fix things which should be there on release, but that said if you break everything down the amount of content you do have in gt5 is pretty astounding.
Jamie-C

25th Nov 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first car

mwg

25th Nov 10 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one got anything to say about the videos?
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3duf5I9LRgo

im on my phone so i cant see it in decent quality unfortunatly, what is it your trying to show?
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that everyone is one of the shitter looking standard cars, some c
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That it looks like Steve is right with that screen shot showing that GT5 doesn't have anything like the same level of detail as it tallys up with what you see in the videos I've posted. Do you not think that is poor? Because I do.
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think on some tracks like laguna seca (from what ive seen from steves pic) gt5's is less detailed, but then on others like Eiger on the rally track or nurburg ring its unbelieveable..

its almost like they concentrated on a couple of places and didnt bother about others, there isnt a continuation of quality throughout everything, some are better than others which is annoying.

if they got nurburgring in the same comparison i am pretty confident gt5 would look better.

at the end of the day this argument between gt5 and forza is going to go on forever.

chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a pic of rome from gt5

3CorsaMeal

25th Nov 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf at the trees, i didn't think they still made trees in that manner on computers anymore?

like 2D cardboard ones?
Fro

25th Nov 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best buy is still £30 for those that haven't bought it yet.
Whittie

25th Nov 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Best buy is still £30 for those that haven't bought it yet.

Where? I'm going to buy a ps3 & gt5 this weekend in Liverpool

<<  51    52    53    54    55    56    57  >>

New Poll