corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  52    53    54    55    56    57    58  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
Tommy L

User status: Offline
25th Nov 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
This game is not finished. It will get better over time with updates

what the game lacks is polish.. and we shouldnt have to wait for updates to fix things which should be there on release, but that said if you break everything down the amount of content you do have in gt5 is pretty astounding.
I agree to an extent. But i think they wanted it out just before xmas.
Nath

25th Nov 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also it may have been in development for 5 years but that's not to say that a team of 200 have been working on it every day for those 5 years.
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Also it may have been in development for 5 years but that's not to say that a team of 200 have been working on it every day for those 5 years.

well they jolly well should of been
3CorsaMeal

25th Nov 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

exactly, that like saying Willays or Jr's corsa has taken 5yrs to build to a certain standard, when really its just a few weeks work.
Nath

25th Nov 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:

exactly, that like saying Willays or Jr's corsa has taken 5yrs to build to a certain standard, when really its just a few weeks work.

That right there is a great example
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand why they would not have been working on it nearly every day for the past 5 years? Be a bit daft of them to let it take so long to get to market if they could of avoided it.
3CorsaMeal

25th Nov 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I don't understand why they would not have been working on it nearly every day for the past 5 years? Be a bit daft of them to let it take so long to get to market if they could of avoided it.

too busy powdercoating insignificant bits for internet points imho
Fro

25th Nov 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Best buy is still £30 for those that haven't bought it yet.

Where? I'm going to buy a ps3 & gt5 this weekend in Liverpool

When i posted that it was £29.99 it has now gone up to £37.99
Nath

25th Nov 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Depends what they were doing. I don't know the in's and out's of making a game. Also depends what other projects they had on the go I spose.
Bissmire

25th Nov 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what all the fuss is about tbh. Yes, it's not perfect, but I was playing it for hours last night and I thought it was awesome. My only issue is that it takes an age to load, I mean 3 minutes to change a car is ridiculous. It should be nearly instant.
Paul_J

25th Nov 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this game

the more i've played it, the more I like it!

... also as a note for people moaning about the AI being shit. I think it's because of the level you are racing at...

It's like the bspec driver, starts off shit but gets better after more experience and races.

I believe the AI drivers will be exactly the same... in the beginner cup they're braking early and driving poor ... but in professional they'll be driving a lot faster / smoother (this is what I've seen happen when a bspec driver improves and it'll be the same AI logic)

I also saw similar in the karting. In the beginner karting the opponents braked REALLY early... in the intermidiate races, they were a lot better / drove smoother ... I'm sure in the pro races they'll be a challenge

A lot of the slowness issues people have were due to Gran turismo's servers getting overloaded last night.

Give this game a chance... It's bloody awesome once you get into it and unlock the good things like nordschliefe.
Paul_J

25th Nov 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact - just logged in and got this news in GT news.

quote:

Notice Regarding the status of the online service:
Currently the online services of Gran Turismo 5 is experiencing some extreme online traffic congestion.

Because GT5 performs online access not only when participating in online races and using community features, but also when starting the game and during the various screen displays in GT Mode, unfortunately this online congestion is also affecting standard gameplay.

If you are experiencing the following symptoms, we recommend that you temporarily play GT5 without connecting to the playstation 3 network.

Currently we are working on several different solutions to improve the network status. We are expecting to be able to provide a proper online service again soon.

We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience.

As I thought then
ste_p23

25th Nov 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still not managed to play on it properly yet
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do they not think that lots of people might want to play this at once? Black Ops is exactly the same, servers cant cope.

Just makes it seem like they don't give enough thought to these things.
BarnshaW

25th Nov 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

single player on this has far better gameplay then blackops, bored after blackops single player after a couple of missions
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul you are to stop playing this instant!!!

i think alot of things will be only availiable the higher up you go, like tyre wear, although your tyres turn red they dont wear, 1/2 a lap drifting online and they where 1/4 gone.
mwg

25th Nov 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
single player on this has far better gameplay then blackops, bored after blackops single player after a couple of missions

Of course it is, I was the same, got bored of the singleplayer. But the only comparison I am making to Black Ops is in respect of the servers not being able to cope as the exact same thing appears to be happening with this game. And that seems very short sighted of them.
Paul_J

25th Nov 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go karting is great fun online
Fro

25th Nov 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Why do they not think that lots of people might want to play this at once? Black Ops is exactly the same, servers cant cope.

Just makes it seem like they don't give enough thought to these things.

Probably due to a money issue.

If they overcompensate before release then they are potentially wasting money.

If they wait and work out an average they can use that to make a more cost effective decision.

Paul_J

25th Nov 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really need a mic so I can answer these guys online about why I'm so awesome.
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go buy one!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope the reason youroffline paul is to go buy a mic.

how is online for everyone today? still bad?
Paul_J

25th Nov 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

offline? ... I'm still online beating these chumps in karting.

They can't drive for shit and there's a knack with driving the karts fast... It's like that MRT5 car in LFS - smooth and if little feathering of throttle on drifting.
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cs said you was offline.

hows the online? any sign of it being laggy like prologue?
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Nov 10 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just read that when you bang your car the cost to fix the body rigidity increases..

the cars start to slowdown after a while and the stars start getting harder, gears not shifting etc.

just a warning.

<<  52    53    54    55    56    57    58  >>

New Poll