corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  52    53    54    55    56    57    58  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
19th Aug 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love flying the helicoptors, i wish you could have a free roam target pratice level with them
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caspian Border analysis

http://www.offdutygamers.com/2011/08/breakdown-battlefield-3-caspian-border-multiplayer-gameplay/
mwg

19th Aug 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
love flying the helicoptors, i wish you could have a free roam target pratice level with them

I was thinking that before. Somewhere to practice without having to worry about being shot down
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joystick support is deffinatly supported yes! makes me wanna get out BF2 again
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
On vehicle health: “Vehicles get disabled with a few hits and then regen turns into a bleed. Only regen if slightly damaged.”

* On the situation with the PC version and browsing servers: “Battlelog IS the PC main menu. You go straight from Battlelog to playing. No splash screens, no menus. Just straight to playing.”

* On team communication: “And yes, we are working on team play communication feature for ALL platforms. Not going into specifics right now.”

* On who gets C4: “Support, who can also equip the PDWs, since they are all Kit.”

* On more details on the mystery of what’s being used at the 1:37 mark in the Caspian Border trailer: “Nothing just yet, you’re first I’ve seen to use the proper name: MAV”

* On sensitivity for console players over BC2: “Yeah, there’s a much bigger sensitivity range.”
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vehicle regen doesnt sound as bad now.. still rather not have it tho.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Razer BF3 line

http://www.xboxdailynews.com/2011/08/19/razer-shows-off-their-line-of-battlefield-3-peripherals-and-gear/

Caspian Border video breakdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzSXeVadwf8&feature=feedu

chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might buy a razor mouse, with my MS intelli playing BFBC2 and try sniping i feel im moving the mouse but its not moving on the screen, feels like the DPI is too low, its ok on cod but its never been good on BF games.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this one maybe

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/3298/2565/-/13070537/Razer-Imperator-Laser-Gaming-Mouse/Product.html?cpage=2
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks OK that, I quite like the keyboard in that line. Not too sure if I'm going to stick with my old keyboard as I love the feel of it.

I got this

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/logitech-g700-wireless-gaming-mouse-5700dpi-rechargeable
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extended Caspian Border gameplay

http://youtu.be/7FOYHL5tm1M
MoesTavern

20th Aug 11 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

There's no bombs on that F-18

and that's assuming you can even get to it before the 20 other people camping the respawn point
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's 4 planes per team on the maps that have aircraft apparently, so it won't be that bad.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Aug 11 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no splitscreen coop at launch
they are working toward commo rose on consoles, probably not available at launch
unlimited sprint like in bc2, you can also strafe
9 MP maps confirmed “for now” (Operation Metro, Caspian Border)
dog tag customization available after you reach a certain level
limited number of rockets on planes, need to resupply at runway
hardcore mode and infantry only mode available
kill cam in normal gamemode
jets are a spawn point in Conquest
jets can fly really high in BF3, but you’ll lose controls the higher you go (1000m, like in BF2)
deployable 60mm Mortars
conquest flags will have a name and a letter
multiplayer fact sheet only confirms everything shown to this date, AND IS NOT FINAL
no LAN for BF3 at release, probably never (ANTI-CHEAT Measure)
A-10 is available in Multiplayer
AH-6J Littlebird is available in Multiplayer
no automatic hovering for the helicopters, feels more like BF2
stationary Carrier on Wake Island

Sunz

21st Aug 11 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

64 player !

This does look great now, I wasn't looking forward to another BFBC but BF3 is basically updated version of BF2 which is kind of obvious but also good !
Sucks when you have keyboard and mouse and try and fly a chopper or plane, you have about 10 seconds before you need to eject

Glad I got the 6 core for this game !
Russ

21st Aug 11 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flying with a chopper with a KB and mouse is the easiest thing in the world :/ jets are a tad harder mind
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16 minute video of PS3 co-op gameplay (cam copy)

http://battlefield-srbija.com/video/127-16-minuta-coop-moda

[Edited on 21-08-2011 by DannyB]
mwg

21st Aug 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

graphics look good to say its on the PS3
3CorsaMeal

21st Aug 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern

and that's assuming you can even get to it before the 20 other people camping the respawn point

i fcuking hate that, ruins the game and you end up losing or getting pinned in base
mwg

21st Aug 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you get people on your own team killing you if you jump in to a helicopter before them? twats
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new jet gameplay footage, again it's a cam copy from Gamescom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQ8GOro28Y
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Our new writer, Dieter, got a chance to visit the Battlefield 3 booth at GamesCom in his home town Cologne, Germany. He played Battlefield 3 on two occasions, and he let us know of his impressions of the game. Without further ado:

Caspian Border map was detailed, lush, and just awesome to play in.

Flags are close together, felt about the same distance as the flags in Harvest Day from Bad Company 2. The rest of the map was very big.

The close proximity of the flags, coupled with a lot of players and vehicles resulted in some tense action between the flags, like a melting pot of vehicles, soldiers, explosions and gunfire.

Outside if the flag zones, there wasn’t much action. But there is a lot of room for flanking, both on foot and in vehicles.

The game crashed once. My friend who played had it crash a lot more often.

Jets don’t feel slow at all, feel about the same speed as in BF2. Jets aren’t hard to control either — if you played BF2 and operated a jet with mouse and keyboard, BF3 is just as easy.

Controls and movement felt a lot like Battlefield 2, it definitely didn’t feel like a “Bad Company 3&#8243; game by any means.

The graphics are awesome, everything is detailed and crisp. The forest areas with a lot of trees and shadows looked just as good as Crysis. Water effects were the best I’ve ever seen.

Destruction is back and looked amazing, although you can’t destroy everything (obviously).

The PC system was powered by two Nvidia GTX 580 cards in SLI.

Vehicles felt more responsive than in Bad Company 2.

Tanks are operated differently now, the MG isn’t on secondary fire any longer, you have to use the “1&#8243; and “2&#8243; buttons to switch between main gun and MG.

You can spawn in vehicles now, e.g. you can spawn in a jet on the runway.

Weapons felt more realistic than Bad Company 2. They’re less “violent”, with less muzzle flash. They felt, sounded and handled realistically (BC2 weapons are almost cartoonish by comparison).

There were a lot of weapons available from the get to and there are a lot of customization options, even if the player I used was a level 1 Private. They might have added more guns just for this GamesCom preview.

The game just felt like a proper sequel to Battlefield 2. I played Bad Company 2 the night before, and BF3 is totally different. There’s an atmosphere and feeling of war and combat that was in BF2 and something BC2 couldn’t replicate.
It felt full of BF2 nostalgia when, as soon as I spawned, I could see and hear jets dog fighting in the sky above, see tanks blowing up far into the distance, see teammates running around me towards a flag… Just those 5 seconds made me feel what I felt when I played the BF2 demo for the first time in 2005. Just “wow”.

No wonder the graphics on the PC rig were so good, running two GTX 580 cards
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Aug 11 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New video of Alpha gameplay uploaded 2 days ago, good video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdLBqlnIsGk
mwg

21st Aug 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OH MY DAYS. God that looks good.

<<  52    53    54    55    56    57    58  >>

New Poll