corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  52    53    54    55    56    57    58  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Oct 13 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I switched my phone off as soon as he crossed the line so never saw the donuts etc, but just watched now online and it was a pretty class way to celebrate tbf. Will make some great front page photos in Germany I'll imagine tomorrow.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jrdn7

27th Oct 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel does what John McGuinness did at the TT for ages, absolutely go for it at the start while everyone else beds themselves in. Gives him a massive psychological advantage if anything else.

Donuts were a class celebration, just goes to show how sanitised F1 is nowadays that the team gets a 25k fine and him a slap on the wrist for donuting on an empty section of track!
Kippers

27th Oct 13 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed.

No risk of anyone getting hurt so why fine them!

Joke really.

Worth the 25k tho.... good celebration!
Ben G

27th Oct 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh there were photographers running along the edge of the track and they're mental indians so someone ''could'' have been hurt I guess.

Still proper gay. I remember lewis doing the same at silverstone infront of the fans and getting a similar fine iirc.

It is exactly what we want to see though. Top speed runs are all well and good, but it looks boring. An f1 car lighting the wheels up and doing donuts is simply brilliant.
Ben G

27th Oct 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw, i'd quite happily go and buy a can of red bull so I can pretend to contribute towards the fine. I'm sure the team were happy to take it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If donuts weren't banned, they would be less fun when they happen and people would take the piss.

Worth 25k for a special occasion, so bring it on

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cavey

27th Oct 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a few minutes income for Red Bull? I'm sure they don't mind that
JonnyJ

27th Oct 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking loved the donuts, not Vettels biggest fan but that was brilliant to watch, the shot of the car parked across the grid, him on top, no other cars in sight, that picture will go down in history.

In other news Merc scored higher than any of the others going for 2nd, so that's grand. Grosjean did a storming job, very good driver that lad.
Ben G

27th Oct 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And raikkonen is a massive cunt, which is why I love him.

Basically told renault to fuck off and almost ended his team mates race.
p

27th Oct 13 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Party pooper alert... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But na, fair play to Seb, he gets the job done. Is he gonna give a shit that he dominates as he has the best car? Course not.

Bet Bernie is pissed, though.
jrdn7

27th Oct 13 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lot of people saying he'll beat Schumacher's record of 7 titles. Next year will tell if he can, if Newey and himself get the hang of the turbo engines early on he'll dominate for quite a number of years yet!
p

27th Oct 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Lot of people saying he'll beat Schumacher's record of 7 titles. Next year will tell if he can, if Newey and himself get the hang of the turbo engines early on he'll dominate for quite a number of years yet!

5 In a row would be seriously incredible.
JonnyJ

28th Oct 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

Doubt it. Him and Seb are good friends.
p

28th Oct 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by p

Doubt it. Him and Seb are good friends.

I know, but he's said it previously himself, no way in hell he wants the championship decided so early.
JonnyJ

28th Oct 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats true but his group are still making 100's of millions in profits so i doubt he'll be too worried
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the shot of the car parked across the grid, him on top, no other cars in sight, that picture will go down in history.

That's exactly what I thought. Even though he parked the car seemingly without care after a donut or two, it was just parked at the perfect angle for such an historic shot. I bet you £5 it ends up on the Sky Sports F1 or BBC F1 intro montage next season

Whilst lying down counting ceiling tiles over the weekend, I came to realise that the more the public aims hate towards Vettel (the Boo's etc), I actually find myself liking him a little bit. I made an effort to watch a lot of his in-car footage over the last few Grand Prix, and there really is something about him I think.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

28th Oct 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's best when he's fighting his way back through the pack.

Some of the moves he makes are unreal.
JonnyJ

28th Oct 13 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
the shot of the car parked across the grid, him on top, no other cars in sight, that picture will go down in history.

That's exactly what I thought. Even though he parked the car seemingly without care after a donut or two, it was just parked at the perfect angle for such an historic shot. I bet you £5 it ends up on the Sky Sports F1 or BBC F1 intro montage next season

Whilst lying down counting ceiling tiles over the weekend, I came to realise that the more the public aims hate towards Vettel (the Boo's etc), I actually find myself liking him a little bit. I made an effort to watch a lot of his in-car footage over the last few Grand Prix, and there really is something about him I think.

The photographer in me instantly thought "some lucky cunt with a big lens at the end of that start/finish straight is getting a right shot" All the main ones will have gone to the pitlane to get the shot of him getting out the car, wonder if anyone gambled on that happening!

As for Seb hes an enigma for me. Whenever i Sky/BBC do a feature on him, i cant help but like the guy, he's pretty funny, laid back, down to earth lad. Theres something i dont like about him when it comes to racing though, not his style or his skill but the way he celebrates always rankles me, like after Germany where he came on the radio and said "OH GUYS THAT WAS A TOUGH ONE" in an almost sarcastic way, like he was surprised someone had actually challenged him on the track for once And of course "mark is too slow get him out of the way". Hes also a right fucker when he isnt winning, nothing is his fault, but, that tends to be F1 drivers in general, not exactly something to hate him for.

I rate the guy highly, hes so consistant its unreal, he has the best car and that always helps, Red Bull can basically win a race in any way they want, the car is that flexible they can tune it to win from the front or the back. I think I'd genuinely like him if he had to battle for it more though, hes exciting to watch and its a bit of a waste that he can just drive away. F1 has all the drivers it needs to be an amazing spectacle if the cars were closer. Thats up for the teams to sort out though, quite honestly, they should be embarrassed about how far they are behind RB. Its a bit of a travesty for the sport that we have a golden age of drivers and only one has a championship winning car.
JonnyJ

29th Oct 13 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
And raikkonen is a massive cunt, which is why I love him.

Basically told renault to fuck off and almost ended his team mates race.

Just going off this it seems Lotus have had to apologise for swearing at kimi as all his weirdo emo fans have been threatening the team, and in particular race engineer, Alan Permane, with violence because of the way they shouted at him

Silly bastards, far from being "Mr moody" hes now become the Justin Beiber of F1 #cut4kimi
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24725406

Gutted

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

29th Oct 13 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell of a blow that, was hoping they would persuade him to stay. Wonder where he'll head?
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Williams I reckon.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maldomoron confirmed for Lotus... options running out for ze Hulk

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

30th Oct 13 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Proof that Money comes before talent
JonnyJ

30th Oct 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Their money problems must be pretty grim.

<<  52    53    54    55    56    57    58  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0309298 seconds