corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  54    55    56    57    58    59    60  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 13 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton has done this a few times this season, quick off the line but ends up crowded out. He would have been better off today being slower off the line.

Still a crap race from him, just going backwards on the straights

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dave

3rd Nov 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought Hamilton was poor again today, seems to have really gone off the boil since his win which is a shame. Clearly he's not going to be challenging Vettel but he should be able to be best of the rest.
Ben G

3rd Nov 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever since he got his way with nicole he's been shit/making silly mistakes.
jrdn7

3rd Nov 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
please please please please please let the stewards take the win off Ze German due to doing the burnouts again. This would of course hand the win to Webber

Nothing they can use as an excuse to reprimand/penalise him in this case, on the far outside of a slow corner on the slowing down lap, wasn't there for long enough to cause 'unnecessary delay proceeding to Parc Ferme'. Must admit tho, he's far better than Webber at donuts.

Alonso should have been penalised tho for the Toro Rosso pass, he was easily 5ft outside the white line passing him. Wouldn't have looked too good for the Stewards to penalise a Ferrari driver in Ferrari land but!
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 13 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Ever since he got his way with nicole he's been shit/making silly mistakes.

Is he confirmed back with her then?
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Nov 13 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only got to watch highlights because my Sky Box fucked up, but just read that Hammy's brakes were pretty much rebuilt on the grid. Combined with the suspension work done last night, it's probably a bit harsh to say he simply was too slow.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

3rd Nov 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Hamilton has done this a few times this season, quick off the line but ends up crowded out. He would have been better off today being slower off the line.

Still a crap race from him, just going backwards on the straights

I think he needs to take a look at his starting technique, the last 3 races hes done the same thing each time, pointed his car towards the middle of the front 2 and every race hes gone backwards after it, despite making a decent getaway every time, i cant remember the last time he was up a position after the first lap. I think he needs to re-think how he approaches his starts, hes too impatient, wants to get everything done by turn one, instead of thinking about the best time to make his move. This usually leads to him getting crowded out, having to slam on the anchors mid corner and the guy behind gets a run, you're fighting a losing battle from then on.

What is confusing me though is how the car can be so quick in quali, but in the race, in the traction zones, cars like Sauber/Force India/Ferrari all seem to get out of them much, much better, making DRS useless as hes too far back when he activates it. You'd think that if it was poor in the race in these traction zones, it would be poor in quali too. Its not like you can blame dirty air at the slow speeds we're talking about.

Either way though he wasnt quick enough today for whatever reason, the car was capable of 3rd and hes come 7th, i read his quickest lap was 1 second slower than Nico's, which isnt good enough.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Nov 13 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the car is just a tyre-eater still. In quali it's usually two hot laps MAX to a set of tyres, whilst running on fumes with no dirty air. This makes the car look "artificially" fast, and in terms of one lap pace it is right up there.

In race trim, he's losing downforce in the sweeping corners due to traffic which means increased wear, and he's also a lot fatter - so come the traction zones, it doesn't take long before the tyres are toast.

With regards to ultimate lap time, he would probably still be quite quick despite sucking in the stop/go stuff - as the downforce package on the Merc seems to be quality, but when in traffic - he loses that edge - meaning he's just all round sucking.

The Merc seems to have slow straight line speed too, which just emphasises the traction issues.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

3rd Nov 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nico made his way through ok though, although he also struggled to get past Di Resta a bit which cost him 2nd.

Its pretty depressing though when you have Lewis on new mediums, not getting traction compared to Estaban whose tyres were much older. Ruined his race getting stuck there, he was closing in on Rosberg and Webber before his stop. Same story in India when he couldnt get past Massa, and Korea with Hulkenburg.

Maybe if its a lack of straight-line speed, though im skeptical because Lewis was well in the top half of the speed trap in FP, then they should sacrifice some downforce so the car can overtake, aye it might cost them a grid slot but whats the point putting it there if in the race, your knackered as soon as you get behind the first guy who is running primes at the start?
JonnyJ

5th Nov 13 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope this is real

Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Nov 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2014 diffuser looks a bit basic

I reckon that Merc will be at least .4 down on the RBR

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

10th Nov 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kimi Raikkonen is going to miss the last two races to go have back surgery
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Nov 13 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari have scored a good set of glass backs

Dampers set to waft in 2014 I think!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

10th Nov 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jrdn7

10th Nov 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Kimi Raikkonen is going to miss the last two races to go have back surgery

Convenient comes to mind. I wonder who'll replace him, although I'd bet it'll be a pay driver.

Is Jerome d'Ambrosio still Lotus' 3rd/reserve driver?
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Nov 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valsechi IIRC, GP2 Champ

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jrdn7

10th Nov 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Valsechi IIRC, GP2 Champ

I'd say he could fill in? Although given Lotus financial situation, I'd not be surprised if they brought in Narain Karthikeyan!
JonnyJ

10th Nov 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Valsecchi doesnt get the drive then it shows how bent F1 is Hes their reserve driver, so surely the go to man, whats the point being a reserve if not to be used when called upon, however, it would not surprise me for them to go get someone with F1 experience, knowing that as good as Valsecchi is meant to be hes going to take a bit of time to get up to the pace they require.
p

11th Nov 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massa to replace Maldonado at Williams! Hate Maldonado.
Ben G

11th Nov 13 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great news. As previously said, maldonado is an ugly cunt who took out my lover. Ever since, i've wanted him dead.
Rick Draper

11th Nov 13 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

Will save them a huge wedge of cash in crash repairs!
Dave

11th Nov 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Magnussen to McLaren according to BBC, not confirmed by McLaren though, replacing Perez.
Kippers

11th Nov 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont like Perez anyway... wonder where he will go though.

Marc

11th Nov 13 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

Thought his F1 days were over!
Rick Draper

11th Nov 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kippers
I dont like Perez anyway... wonder where he will go though.

Could take his money off to Lotus?

<<  54    55    56    57    58    59    60  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0243361 seconds