corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  55    56    57    58    59    60    61  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
26th Feb 14 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kw's have you got?

Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Impressed with that spunk stuff, just what I need for the planned refurb of my H&R's

How much did you pay for the powder coating?

£20!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
What kw's have you got?

Variant 3

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian W

26th Feb 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Impressed with that spunk stuff, just what I need for the planned refurb of my H&R's

How much did you pay for the powder coating?

£20!

My kinda price
daymoon
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which powdercoaters you used? I need to choose some one when I finally split my Wheels :/
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Midas Touch, Cas.

Its proper back street, but can't complain about their pricing or quality.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another postman present today, what a kind man.

It's a "Harvey Smith" up-pipe. Harvey Smith is the same fella that tinkered with the 20G turbo I've got boxed up, and his other popular (possibly his most famous) product was his modified up-pipes.

Popular for reducing the spool up time of your setup and making for a better driving experience. Perfect partner for my turbo tbh.

Reunited at last:

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

27th Feb 14 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got those trays

Can't go wrong with Harveys gear such a sad loss
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Down to our last tray now, it's covered in solder and bits of crap

Yeah, Harvey passed away the week I bought my Impreza. His got an impressive following particularly on scoobynet but to be honest a lot of the tuners/suppliers I've spoke to are skeptical on the apparent results from Harvey's stuff...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

27th Feb 14 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I heard the same, thing is it was more about his personality and general helpfulness that people liked him for.

Looking forward to you getting this on and hearing all about it
Wrighty

28th Feb 14 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is always gonna be haters and skeptics out there. Just like im skeptical of any advice off scoobynet because its full of plonkers. While building my impreza harvey was very helpful when i dealt with him and gave sound advice on products purchased and what to compliment them with. Fact is he was one of the first, if not the first person to tune a 2.0 impreza to over 500hp back in the day so cant have been that daft.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah indeed, can't argue with his logic with pretty much everything he's ever written online.

I think the mapping/tuning community is proper bitchy though, I've never EVER been in the presence of a mapper/tuner and not have them make a derogatory comment towards another party

Everytime I've mentioned "Harvey Smith" to someone also in the trade, it's been a comment of something like "pff, he only fucks about with a dremel and people call him a legend" but you can't argue with the results

I'm happy to buy into his hype - I've got both of his bits at a reasonable price and should get me what I want.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
neil h

28th Feb 14 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
There is always gonna be haters and skeptics out there. Just like im skeptical of any advice off scoobynet because its full of plonkers.

Glad I'm not the only one who's had that thought.

Tbh I can see the logic behind the Harvey up pipe/manifold and someone one Scoobynet did show us an article from some magazine which seemed to justify that they do work. Think it's one of those 'glue that joins it all together' kinda mods.
daymoon
Premium Member

1st Mar 14 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dropped off my wheel at Alpha yesterday. lovely bunch of people there and seem to be into cars as well!
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Mar 14 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff, tell em I sent you. I had a lengthy chat with the Son, was well into my car

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Mar 14 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting a hard on for gold wheels, someone talk me out of it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

1st Mar 14 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop it. Stop it now.
BeetleGav

1st Mar 14 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be a clown.

Bronze maybe
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't do the current prodrive ones gold, I don't think they look right.

Ever since I fitted my 17's for the Cadwell trackday I've had this nagging feeling that I prefer the car on 17s with slightly chunkier tyres.

Then yesterday, on the way home from a friends - I saw a boggo crystal grey Impreza parked up with the OEM Enkei's in gold and it looked ace

Not my shape, but you get the picture...

etc etc.

Might get my trackday wheels done, then at least I can try it out. I could make a few ££ selling my prodrive 18's and sticking on OEM enkeis'... needs thought. Bronze might be good too...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

3rd Mar 14 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bronze
BeetleGav

3rd Mar 14 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the 17s look lost on them
Definately bronze tho. Different
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they look lost on standard suspension, but with 45 profile (instead of 40) and a bit lower and I think they look spot on, better than 18s.

There are some on eBay with "nearly new" Yokohama AD08's which I wanted to try next... they're gold but need a refurb, so could try some bronze photoshops etc.

Then again, just flicked through my album to find the picture above and the Prodrive ones do look smart - so think I'm just fidgeting for the sake of it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

3rd Mar 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah id just play around with your track wheels personally.
I was tempted to paint my ellipsoid winters bronze but never bothered.

Ask the photoshop wizards to sort you out
Simon_16v

5th Mar 14 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So have you decided on a plan on action?
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Mar 14 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a bit of a project bombshell at the start of last week, work have asked me to go over to the US for six months this year.

It's a good opportunity work-wise, but a disaster for my year of plans for the car! Was really intending to do several track days and complete my spending project on the turbo charger and supporting mods.

A few things flashed through my mind initially, including selling the car - but now I think I've pretty much settled on keeping all of the parts I've got so far, and SORNing the car and finding somewhere to store it.

I can then spend the six months trawling eBay/forums for more parts - and aim to get it all fitted towards the end of the year (just in time for winter )

I'm still really hoping to get the KWs back, fitted and aligned in time for a cheeky trackday before I go - but other than that, project on hold

EDIT: All of the above is pending visa and financial stuff, so it's still a "maybe"... just pretty likely.

[Edited on 07-03-2014 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  55    56    57    58    59    60    61  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0284672 seconds