corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Sweden OFFICIAL Thread 3 LIONS ON OUR SHIRT

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England vs Sweden OFFICIAL Thread 3 LIONS ON OUR SHIRT
Cosmo

User status: Offline
20th Jun 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
Maybe i should have worded it a bit defferent but i didnt mean all matches, i just meant this one. as soon as he left the whole team sort of went on a defensive, maybe just a coincidence

thats tactics. Sven put 5 across midfield and crouch up on his own. A draw was good enough for the group win so he went for that....wrong decision IMO but there you go!!
Joe

20th Jun 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what was the point taking Wallcott? Tonight was perfect chance to play him really, hes not gona get a better moment to put him on. Waste of a name on the teamsheet if you ask me.
abdus

20th Jun 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lampard get all his goals in Chelsea through deflections no deflection, no goal

[Edited on 20-06-2006 by abdus]
MR2Mike

20th Jun 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

second half was depressing to watch
Russ

20th Jun 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Also what was the point taking Wallcott? Tonight was perfect chance to play him really, hes not gona get a better moment to put him on. Waste of a name on the teamsheet if you ask me.
are you fukingf stupid? owen went off injured after 1 minute, hes not gonna bring the kid on then, rio goes of injured, walcot doesnt play best at centre back, and sven wanted to control midfield, so he brought SG on.. please go back to ur beer
Cosmo

20th Jun 06 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

agreed. I think Sven expected to be winning by about 60-65mins to take Rooney off and him on but were werent so had to opt for Gerrard.
Cosmo

20th Jun 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
are you fukingf stupid? owen went off injured after 1 minute, hes not gonna bring the kid on then, rio goes of injured, walcot doesnt play best at centre back, and sven wanted to control midfield, so he brought SG on.. please go back to ur beer

thats a bit harsh, I agree Walcott was probably expected to come on as I mentioned above. No need to be a dick about it though.
Joe

20th Jun 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why take him then? He's never gona get played and with Rooney not fit and Owen injury prone theres only Crouch left to rely on for a striker.
Butler

20th Jun 06 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We started with such a crap squad, gerrard should have started IMO and get campbell off hes about 80 isnt he? Where was Neville? Hes aged a bit but still a strong defender I reckon. Makes me think Sven wanted the Swedes to win tonight.
Russ

20th Jun 06 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neville injured, coulda brought gerard on for injured rio, jc at cenre back, and hargreaves o right back, sol campbell is a big black lump now unfortunatly
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 06 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally think it was englands best performance yet just a couple of costly mistakes against set pieces
Cybermonkey

21st Jun 06 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good game, worth getting up at 5 FUCKING AM to watch it
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 06 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fpmsl
Edd

21st Jun 06 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i personally think it was englands best performance yet just a couple of costly mistakes against set pieces

was a terrible performance and sweden weren't much better the T&T games was more exciting
Sooty
Banned

21st Jun 06 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolute toss lastnight
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 06 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you two are focussing too much on the negatives

it may have not been a 100% england performance but it was certainly the best so far this tournament
Sooty
Banned

21st Jun 06 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we were crap AGAIN, this is the 3rd game in a row now.... we may have been marginally better than the last 2 games, but still only very slightly....

I expect a shock against Ecuador, if somehow we do get through we will get nobbed by better oposition... we're lucky to be honest that the crappest team in the 2nd round is facing us on sunday

IT WILL ALL END IN GREAT DISASTER
SetH

21st Jun 06 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah well our best better get a hell of a lot fucking better, or we are going to feel a hell of a lot fucking worse when we meet some world class opposition.

thank fuck we dont have germany this weekend, we would be coming home
Steve
Premium Member

21st Jun 06 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you look at the stats you will see england had more control on the game than it appeared
Sooty
Banned

21st Jun 06 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think Ecuador 1 nil
Carl

21st Jun 06 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

Got to agree with Joe. It was the perfect time to bring Walcot on, The games wasn't a must win. If he didn't get brought on then, he's certainly not going to get brought on in the later stages of the tournament, he might as well go home.
Sooty
Banned

21st Jun 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet Defoe threw a few remotes at the telly lastnight
Ojc

21st Jun 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lampard makes me very angry for England, he doesn't do anything!! He has a few shots and thats it, no tackles, no tracking back, no inter linking play, nothing.

Hargreaves for me lastnight was man of match, simply because of the effort and the running and the tackling, he was playing simple football very well and I was very impressed. Him and Gerrard to start against Ecuador.
Jason Iles

21st Jun 06 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Lampard makes me very angry for England, he doesn't do anything!! He has a few shots and thats it, no tackles, no tracking back, no inter linking play, nothing.

They said last night that Lampard has had more shots on goal than any other player in the tournement? It's only a matter of time I think till he puts one away.

I agree it wasn't a great performance by all, but some individual play was awsome Joe Cole kept us alive, just a shame no one followed his lead IMO.

At least we are still in it and playing Ecuador rather than the Germans, although I don't see that as an easy game either.
Cosmo

21st Jun 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Iles
They said last night that Lampard has had more shots on goal than any other player in the tournement? It's only a matter of time I think till he puts one away.

thats the worst part...he should be putting more away than he does, otherwise his long range shooting is just a waste of the ball as half the time their is a pass on that he doesnt take!

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Sweden OFFICIAL Thread 3 LIONS ON OUR SHIRT 23 database queries in 0.0137169 seconds