corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New corsa community.

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New corsa community.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
9th Oct 06 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsacant
I'm already £70 out of pocket and see no way of getting that back.
Get used to it, and multiply that by 10 if you're serious, and thats not even your hardware.

The slanging matches and problems with your discount traders will come in time so be prepared you've enough money in the bank to take legal advice when they do.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
The amount of effort people are spending to make a comment on how pointless it is to make another corsa site, could be spending that time signing up, or even putting it on another forum.
And the amount of effort people are spending to sign up and post a question that won't get answered, they could be in their regional forum making that stronger.

I'm curious what Gold Membership is buying. We've got flags and the stands still need work. Did you think you were going to make some money, buy some furniture and magic some commitment from somewhere

This is a long term commitment to the world at large. Not some pocket money after you've sorted the bandwidth bill for a few Mb per week.

[Edited on 09-10-2006 by Ian]

i couldnt agree more, lots of people could aim similar comments at me and my site, fact is im not asking for any money off anyone, iv created it purely because i am interested in a) cars, especially vag cars, b) website design.

At the moment i am minus cash in my own pocket for running the site but im quite happy to fund it.

I have spent a lot of time moulding the site into something that is unique to me and my forum as a whole.

I would not even dream about asking for any money at this stage.
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more than prepared to make a go of it Ian. I'm definately not under any illusion that it will become even a fraction as big as CS but it caters for the few users that find big forums a bit daunting.
As I say it's all a big steep learning curve for me but I don't mind. I'm quite enjoying running it tbh. It gives me something to do when the missus is getting in my ear a bit.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also some people (not necessarily the administrator of allcorsa), like the feeling of being in control of people, and having a power trip, i have seen forums set up soley on this basis
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve I'm not asking for money, the option is there for People to purchase the extra features and in doing so help support the site. If no-one pays for the extra membership, fine, no problem, I just pay for the bills out of my own pocket, like I already have.
Marc

9th Oct 06 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I would not even dream about asking for any money at this stage.

Noted, and cheque cancelled
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Oct 06 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine spending the same amount of time and effort here and being thanked by hundreds of people not 10, and not being out of pocket.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An I totally know what you mean by the whole power trip thingy. There was a bunch of them on CC. Luckily none have migrated over.
The couple of mods we have are a friendly lot, and I'm not exactly a power happy type.
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Imagine spending the same amount of time and effort here and being thanked by hundreds of people not 10, and not being out of pocket.
I do Ian, I spend an equal amount of time browsing all the regular corsa forums I go on. I've spent half of today posting on this forum.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Oct 06 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was talking about being staff and actually doing stuff, not just being a user.
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You already have a lot of decent staff though. I really don't see what I would add to the site. I'm happy just browsing tbh.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also i want to know why vbulletin?

comes with too much stuff and is bloated and slow. Why did you choose this? especially as you have to pay for it?

Can you not do website design to customise it yourself?

Marc

9th Oct 06 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hardly use Scoobynet any more because of vbulletin, painfully slow and constantly down.
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would've liked to use the same forum software CS is on tbh but I didn't have a clue what it was. Also vbulletin has sme good addons and it was what CC used, therefore was very familiar for the users.
I'm hoping to customise it a bit more in the future if possible.

I also know it's not impossible to transfer a forum database from different forum types so that is always a possibility.

[Edited on 09-10-2006 by corsacant]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is XMB....well more IANMB
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Steve, I'll look into it. Maybe get a test forum up on the server and see how it goes.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Oct 06 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITMB

I need staff. ROs for a kickoff although Yorkshire does OK.

People writing Tuts/FAQ I need. People to pick feature cars. Perhaps forum mods with growth.

The effort is better here IMO.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yes how could we forget timmeh
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian if you would've suggested it maybe a month ago I would've bit your hand off but I don't reckon I'd be any good for it now.
MatG

9th Oct 06 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vbulletin doesnt have to be slow and does have alot of uses steve
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a minimalist, i like clean looking, and only really needed features, vbulletin packs to much in, and the layout is disjointed
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can alter the layout a bit though. It doesn't have to stay as vbulletin intended
Robin
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

we definitely need new RO's in our region.
how do we go about that?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

we definitely need new RO's in our region.
how do we go about that?

if there isnt one and you fancy doing the job - u2u ian with your interest.

if you want to find a RO for your region, post a 'wanted' ad in your region and see what bites.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New corsa community. 22 database queries in 0.0168300 seconds