corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cooler + Chip = :D + 1 crappy pic ...

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cooler + Chip = :D + 1 crappy pic ...
Scotty C

User status: Offline
15th Nov 06 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Monster
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Oh bugger, does this mean even more evenings with you popping up telling me what cars you've beaten?

I don't lie bud. I admittingly said that cupra was proberly shagged.

tbh they aren't all that as std, fairly heavy n only 156bhp as std, you'd give it a good run for it's money, i'd say a std vts/106gti would be quicker.

Im pretty much level with a standard VTS, if not a wee bit quicker. One pulled from me slighty in 1st (due a wank start) level in 2nd, then started to pull it back.
Cupra Steve
Banned

15th Nov 06 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would of said you'd be quicker than a std ibiza, a remapped one would be a different story, i kill my mates stripped 106 16valver, plus his engine aint std, but an ibiza in it's std form, would be close.
CorsAsh

15th Nov 06 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Oh bugger, does this mean even more evenings with you popping up telling me what cars you've beaten?

I was actually referring to Rob's car kill list updates via MSN
Scotty C

15th Nov 06 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I was actually referring to Rob's car kill list updates via MSN

I knew that

[Edited on 15-11-2006 by Monster]
WATSON

15th Nov 06 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve do you actually have anything good to say apart from your own car?

Cars looking good rob LOVE IT!
Steve
Premium Member

15th Nov 06 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Steve do you actually have anything good to say apart from your own car?

Cars looking good rob LOVE IT!

i never ACTUALLY said anything bad
Steve
Premium Member

15th Nov 06 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and as for this

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Steve do you actually have anything good to say

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i think its a nice car
WATSON

15th Nov 06 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power wise! read back from page one
AK

16th Nov 06 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old GT was a GT1 (136bhp standard) with GT3 wheels and side strips.

It was running a 2 3/4" turbo back system(no cat). Large Allard FMIC. Dawes bleed. K&N. SEB(1 or 0 cant r'ber.... the most powerful one) and about 23psi sometimes
It ran a lot of 1/4miles and was consistand at 14.70 at around 98.
Was a 165-175bhp with a funning torque reading of 190lb/ft

I think a 230cupra would be BEATEN at low speeds upto 80-90, but would stretch its legs above that.

Doubt there would be much in it.

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by AK]
Nic Barnes

16th Nov 06 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve (not cuprsa steve)

as per usual, you are talking utter rubbish sat from behind your desk of no facts what so ever. your car will run a mid 15 1/4 mile, low one at best (remember my mates ibiza same power ran a 14.8 in a lighter car, fact)

your car isnt fast, at all. so please stop commenting on other peoples bhp and make snotty remarks about their estimations. if anything steve, the rolling road opperator will have been riding the brake on as they ended the run on your car, as really, its a bit of an optimistic bhp figure really. please, for the sake of the children, learn about what it is you are posting about before you post as you waste my time having to reply to your rediculous 'i am best' type remarks. im sick of it, and getting sick of you opinions and attitudes towards others.

i should add, i gained 226bhp from a chip.
stuartmitchell

16th Nov 06 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ I agree with him

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by stuartmitchell]
WATSON

16th Nov 06 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
^^^ I agree with him

Me too

Well said muppetsport
Eck
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 02:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Nic. Lovely car Rob, get the exhaust fixed then get a vid and off topic, Chris_uk's Punto is one of the best I've seen
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
steve (not cuprsa steve)

as per usual, you are talking utter rubbish sat from behind your desk of no facts what so ever. your car will run a mid 15 1/4 mile, low one at best (remember my mates ibiza same power ran a 14.8 in a lighter car, fact)

your car isnt fast, at all. so please stop commenting on other peoples bhp and make snotty remarks about their estimations. if anything steve, the rolling road opperator will have been riding the brake on as they ended the run on your car, as really, its a bit of an optimistic bhp figure really. please, for the sake of the children, learn about what it is you are posting about before you post as you waste my time having to reply to your rediculous 'i am best' type remarks. im sick of it, and getting sick of you opinions and attitudes towards others.

i should add, i gained 226bhp from a chip.

a) i was sat behind my laptop at home

b) my 106 ran 15.2's 1/4 mile and mine is 100% faster than my 106 was

c) many leons on scn have got sub 15 1/4 with just a remap

d) i agree with ak

e) please do not accuse powerstation of dodgy antics, they are one of the biggest and most brutally honest establishments out there, part of the reason i am the way i am, seen too many bullshit readings and bullshit places. In fac ti have witnessed kids in there, take there cars get a power reading then say "wtf when i took it to xxx it was running xxx more"
A lot of people think powerstations rollers are wrong because they give too low readings when in fact they are just more honest,

f) iv had two different operators the do 2 runs, well 3 if you count the other on the last visit. 1st was 228, 2nd months later was 229, 3rd on same day was 221 (with a different valve) they must have applied the brake in a very similar manner. they had the door open i could see his feet

g) i do not claim my figs are 100% accurate, only a fool would.

h) that is all

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no reason for powerstation to be dodgy anyway, as they arent based around powerruns, in fact i think when kids take ther cars in there they get a bit annoyed as it takes there time up from doing what they mainly do, so they just do the run, give them the readout then out the door

They are responsible for developing and making the Impreza Type 25 http://www.type-25.com/
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Nov 06 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wot boost are you running steve, is it just a remap on your car???
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Nov 06 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

b) my 106 ran 15.2's 1/4 mile and mine is 100% faster than my 106 was

c) many leons on scn have got sub 15 1/4 with just a remap

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by Steve]

My mates integra DC2 ""Feels"" slow when i'm driving it, the power delivery is tottally different compared to a turbo'd car so your leon will "Feel" quicker, if you get a sub 15 i'd be shocked.

I was watching a few ibiza's at santa pod, they had fmic, full exhausts, ko3s's, induction kit, and they weren't breaking mid 14's. and a 280bhp ibiza runs a high 13. The thing is seat never intended the ibiza or the leon to be any drag cars, they comfortable, practical, quick cars, not racers, They have all the luxuries where as the little hot hatches are made to be a little hack, light, nimble, and tunable imo, thats why i'm swapping my seat as it's not what i want.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mods are, revo remap, uprated n75, panel filter custom smoothed airbox, forge dv007p, turbo downpipe, all of which i have tweaked myself using my sps3 device and vagcom, so basically upped the boost and timing whilst montiroing the correctional factors in vagcom up until a point that it runs reliably and well.

My CF's dont go above 3/4 that was in the heat of the summer too.

Boost is about 22/23 psi and timing is 8 ( the 8 might not mean anything to you)
jr

16th Nov 06 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasnt stocker running 180bhp in his GT, and his spec was quite diffrent to the ones posted above

Rich had a Uno turbo, and was rr at 179bhp, and that had a cam, venier pully and quite a few bits as well
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank fuck someone with some sense
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Nov 06 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

I think a 230cupra would be BEATEN at low speeds upto 80-90, but would stretch its legs above that.

Doubt there would be much in it.

[Edited on 16-11-2006 by AK]

I agree

I raced a 160bhp starlet, in a straight line we were neck n neck till 70, then i pulled away, i 175bhp punto i would of thought it may pull on me to about 70-80 then as you say, the 1.8 would catch.

Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
where as the little hot hatches are made to be a little hack, light, nimble, and tunable imo, thats why i'm swapping my seat as it's not what i want.

yes im sure vauxhall intended the corsa to be a racer didnt they

IMO you were a fool to do the swap, and in quite a few others opinions too
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Nov 06 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my mods are, revo remap, uprated n75, panel filter custom smoothed airbox, forge dv007p, turbo downpipe, all of which i have tweaked myself using my sps3 device and vagcom, so basically upped the boost and timing whilst montiroing the correctional factors in vagcom up until a point that it runs reliably and well.

My CF's dont go above 3/4 that was in the heat of the summer too.

Boost is about 22/23 psi and timing is 8 ( the 8 might not mean anything to you)

i do know what an sps3 is!!!!! Well you would have around 230bhp then, If you got a custom jabba remap and fmic you should see 240bhp, But i still think high 14's low 15's.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 06 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i agree with high 14's thats all i would expect, dont know why people were suggesting mid 14s etc
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Nov 06 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
where as the little hot hatches are made to be a little hack, light, nimble, and tunable imo, thats why i'm swapping my seat as it's not what i want.

yes im sure vauxhall intended the corsa to be a racer didnt they

IMO you were a fool to do the swap, and in quite a few others opinions too

But have you changed the engine in your leon, stripped the interior, NO!!!!! I'll be fitting a full cage, so it's not as if the body of the car woon't be solid!!! Coilovers will be going on, then after a few years i may take it off the road and take it to a whole new level, I will race any seat down the strip in that corsa, only ihi ones would even stand a chance.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cooler + Chip = :D + 1 crappy pic ... 22 database queries in 0.1796710 seconds