corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool 'v' Arsenal Official Thread Sponsored by Spanish National Tourist Board

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool 'v' Arsenal Official Thread Sponsored by Spanish National Tourist Board
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
10th Jan 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
I hope Baptista isn't the type of player to only play well in smaller games.

TBH I havent been impressed with him at all. He reminds me of Heskey in some ways - big, fast and powerful but doesnt really use it. The amount of times he was just brushed last night and went down complaining (such as for the freekick he scored).

It might give him some confidence to go on and score a few more, but if Madrid want 15m+ for him then thats a joke!

I agree, there were however times when he just ploughed through the liverpool defenders last night. He should do that more often.

The free kick was pants imo. Any goalkeeper should of been able to save that.

Whatever you gayers say about Baptista I still think he is a quality player. He was immense for Sevilla over 2 seasons and showed signs of that quality for Real but their system and the lack of first team opportunites screwed his progression, though at the tail end of last season in spain he was playing really well and had a good scoring run. Comin to England isnt easy and I think he needs a full season to adapt, learn the language etc. I mean look at Shevchenko and Ballack. They arent exactly playing the football of their carreers. Same goes for half the Spaniards (bar Alonso and maybe Garcia) that play/played for Liverpool over the last few seasons. Henry took ages to settle in and look at him now, same for Van Persie too.

Overall I would much rather Baptista in my squad than Reyes. Who I admit was a bit of a flop.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Jan 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toure is fucking immense
Jamie Walby

10th Jan 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Fabregas is a very very good player in your teams top 3 imo along with henry and gilberto (that's just my personal opinion I like the role he plays)

Good call but I couldnt name my top 3 Arsenal Players....... Henry/Toure/Fabregas/Gilberto/Gallas I dunno

I should also mention these are the only 3 players I like

Why didnt you say
--Dave--
Banned

10th Jan 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reyes was awful and I too would prefer Baptista. He's still only had a few full games and will get better imo when his confidence grows and he finds his place.
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed another young Argentinian Sebastian Leto from Lanus for £1.85mil but wont be in til end of season. Hes a winger who likes to counter attack he says, what we need, just hope hes good! Taken from skysports.com

With that Italian in surely its got to be the end for Dudek, very poor in both the games!

Anyone know if theres any truth in the Reina to Valencia in exchange for Villa? Doubt it but would be good, then recall Carson!

And Cosmo im not saying sack Benitez just maybe review some of his policies end of season. Hes signed a few good players (Kuyt Alsono Agger etc) but people like Riise have gone off the boil, and we still need wide men to break down defences!!
Jamie Walby

10th Jan 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did think Theo was poor/average last night. Couple of times he turned into trouble instead of playing the way he was facing/playing the simple ball. I think we forget he is only 12 though.
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by messham11
Anyone know if theres any truth in the Reina to Valencia in exchange for Villa? Doubt it but would be good, then recall Carson!

And Cosmo im not saying sack Benitez just maybe review some of his policies end of season. Hes signed a few good players (Kuyt Alsono Agger etc) but people like Riise have gone off the boil, and we still need wide men to break down defences!!

IF we get Villa it wont be until the summer, as wont have the DIC money until then if at all. And I cant see Rafa letting Reina go as is one of his main stays in the team...and its much harder to find a decent keeper than a forward IMO!

TBH I wouldnt review anything he does. He rotates his squad...fine by me. He's keeping people fresh and he has won us stuff in the past doing so, and has won in other leagues doing so too.

His main problem this seasom has been the top players not performaning for him. Gerrard, Alonso, Reina, Crouch and Carra all had poor starts to the season. And the new forwards took time to settle in.

Dont forget all the injuries aswell...Sissoko, Kewell, Gonzalez, Garcia, Alonso, Riise, Agger, Warnock, Bellamy, etc.
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Signed another young Argentinian Sebastian Leto from Lanus for £1.85mil but wont be in til end of season. Hes a winger who likes to counter attack he says, what we need, just hope hes good! Taken from skysports.com

With that Italian in surely its got to be the end for Dudek, very poor in both the games!

Is the argentinian a keeper you mean?

I wouldn;t be THAT suprised about reina going back to spain can't put my finger on why, although I would like to see david vila come to liverpool. He would be another hit or miss for sure. We never seem to have a strikers just right, i'm sure alot is to do with confidence this season and many all-round poor performances. Would be nice to have a superstar striker like henry
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Same goes for half the Spaniards (bar Alonso and maybe Garcia) that play/played for Liverpool over the last few seasons.

Alonso was class as soon as he came, and still is. Garcia is one person I would like to be shipped out...has been so so so shocking this season.

Out of the spanish people he signed...Alonso, Reina, Garcia, Josemi, Nunez (not his choice as was part of Owen deal) and Morientes...only the first three settled in straight away.
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Is the argentinian a keeper you mean?

I wouldn;t be THAT suprised about reina going back to spain can't put my finger on why, although I would like to see david vila come to liverpool. He would be another hit or miss for sure. We never seem to have a strikers just right, i'm sure alot is to do with confidence this season and many all-round poor performances. Would be nice to have a superstar striker like henry

No, the keeper is the 21yr Old Italin Daniele Padelli. And the Argie is a 20yr old winger called Sebastian Leto.
Jamie Walby

10th Jan 07 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Same goes for half the Spaniards (bar Alonso and maybe Garcia) that play/played for Liverpool over the last few seasons.

Alonso was class as soon as he came, and still is. Garcia is one person I would like to be shipped out...has been so so so shocking this season.

Out of the spanish people he signed...Alonso, Reina, Garcia, Josemi, Nunez (not his choice as was part of Owen deal) and Morientes...only the first three settled in straight away.

FFS YOU PLONKER why do you think I said BAR FROM ALONSO. Garcia frustrates me immensly.
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
FFS YOU PLONKER why do you think I said BAR FROM ALONSO. Garcia frustrates me immensly.

no I was agreeing with you

You forgot Reina though, 38 clean sheets in his first season here
Jamie Walby

10th Jan 07 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way it read was like you were taking a defensive stance.

Reina granted though maybe its easier for goalkeepers? Having said that they need to be familia/on same wave length as the surrounding defenders so maybe that opinion is ridiculous
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Argentine is a winger, staying at Lanus on loan till end of season.

I agree Cosmo, Garcia has got to go, he offers no protection to the fullback aswell as giving the ball away cheaply. I dont see Rafa letiting Reina go but thought the only reason being he may want to go back to Spain?
How long til Kewell is back? started to produce a bit last season, then gets injured again.

Apparetnly the Mascherano deal is close although they havent filed to FIFA yet for special dispensation to allow him to play for his 3rd club this year. Could be the end for Bolo then.
--Dave--
Banned

10th Jan 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you're ridiculous Jamie to be honest
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Agreed about getting rid of garcia now, it was a slight novelty to have such a hit and miss player in terms of the variance in his performances in games. It's just dull and not good enough now though.

Alosno hasn't performed well this season same as gerrard although he is looking better with every single game now and I fancy him to start scoring a few now (he's been shooting a hell of alot and is getting closer) and he's still one of my fav players so precise when he wants to be.

Our teams future is around gerrard, alonso, gonzales, agger, kuyt and aurrelio for me
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The way it read was like you were taking a defensive stance.

Reina granted though maybe its easier for goalkeepers? Having said that they need to be familia/on same wave length as the surrounding defenders so maybe that opinion is ridiculous

no, no, I didnt mean it like that. Was just saying why I agreed about Alonso!

Yeah, its probably easier for a keeper infront of a good defense (seems stupid saying that after last night!) but to keep 38 clean sheets is still top quality in your first season..especially at such a young age for a keeper.
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the news on Gonzalez anyway? Aurelio just needs to beef up abit, technically looks brilliant.
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Apparetnly the Mascherano deal is close although they havent filed to FIFA yet for special dispensation to allow him to play for his 3rd club this year. Could be the end for Bolo then.

Juve guy said it was practically a done deal for him to come to us, regardless of what FIFA say!

No idea about Kewell, seems to be one set back after another, but agreed about him starting to perform and then getting injured
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The Argentine is a winger, staying at Lanus on loan till end of season.

I agree Cosmo, Garcia has got to go, he offers no protection to the fullback aswell as giving the ball away cheaply. I dont see Rafa letiting Reina go but thought the only reason being he may want to go back to Spain?
How long til Kewell is back? started to produce a bit last season, then gets injured again.

Kewell is the same as garcia though, fair enough he was starting to play alot better and more confident but i'll never forgive him for opting to be taken off in the cl final for us and he generally doesn't work that hard for his team.

Bolo isn't good enough, simple. Mascherano would be a good signing imo, the hype has gone and he could get his head down and earn a place in our team and he does look class for the argies.

Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aurellio looks a bit weak at LB, similar to Riise in that he is probably better going forward then defending!
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would probably rather see them both playing left mid and sign a quality left back although think we still need a wide man who can beat people.

Think we'll get another striker in the window? Few stories about Bellamy leaving. Hope not tho
Cosmo

10th Jan 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He isnt going to sell Bellamy Thats one of the stupidest things Ive read in the papers lately!

We need a RB as Finnan is getting on now, LB cover or a solid starter and possible some midfield cover. I cant see most of those coming in until the summer other than a few young guys and Neill.
messham11

10th Jan 07 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Neill would be a decent signing. Knows the Prem and bit of a nut-job! Would shake a few up. If Bellamy dont play we have no-one to go behind defences, pos someone on loan till end of season.
Tom

10th Jan 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah neill would be good for sure. Although I don't want us turniong into the most hated team in the league, we've already got bellamy

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool 'v' Arsenal Official Thread Sponsored by Spanish National Tourist Board 23 database queries in 0.0154369 seconds