corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Dole
kz

User status: Offline
5th Sep 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
y 18 quid?

I guess I joined when the two weeks of payment was nearly up? Something like that. I didn't mention it to them as I thought that was probably the case... but if I get that much again, I certainly will be having words!
StuartVRS

5th Sep 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Ive been on it since april.
Cant find any jobs in my area, South east london/Kent and I need live, don't enjoy it really quiet depressing but it's not all crackheads most of the people I see there look respectable and not chavy at all.

This is no jobs, I would do anything but there is just nothing

Morrisons in sidcup are recruiting for some jobs right now, some part time, some full time nights. Its a job at the end of the day
am4nf

5th Sep 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never see the point in doing a job that you hated?

Although the job im in just now is getting dry havnt worked for 3 weeks now and im skint, looked for jobs but cant find anything

Do i sign on or keep looking?
Cosmo

5th Sep 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

As its bringing in an income you need to survive without having to sponge off the economy and will do until something better comes along?
am4nf

5th Sep 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is true
StuartVRS

5th Sep 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's easier to get a new job whilst in a job. Better references, proof of attendance and that you are willing to work. Taking any job to tide you over can show ambition and prove you are willing to dig in and do what is needed. My personal view anyway
J da Silva

5th Sep 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's funny this because since all this 'economic downturn' malarky, I've had people say to me "There just is no jobs out there, I can't find anything", so I'll say something like "I've got a few labouring positions if you want a job, I'll give you a go and see what happens", basically all they'd have to do is keep supplying my sprayers pumps with a constant feed of paint, but as soon as you offer them a job I usually hear this "Oh well I say there is nothing, I might be working with Towtruck Tony blah blah blah".

A lot of people are using the recession as a cover for lazyness, or they tend to get used to not working and end up finding it hard to go back into working after having shitloads of time off.

I pay very well considering what most companies are paying aswell so it's not like they're not taking work because I'm paying rubbish dayworks.

[Edited on 05-09-2009 by J da Silva]
Sunz

5th Sep 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks StuartVRS
Will look in to that.

Hate the lazy ones who will make any excuses not to work.
I was offered a painting job on £70 a day 9-4 took it straight away, was only for a short contact and 2 days a week to finish the jobs at the end for the clients to see.
Was worth doing anything not to worry about money and it just seemed good inside.
kz

5th Sep 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Although the job im in just now is getting dry havnt worked for 3 weeks now and im skint, looked for jobs but cant find anything

Do i sign on or keep looking?

If you quit, you can't sign on. I think...
Russ

17th Feb 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
It's funny this because since all this 'economic downturn' malarky, I've had people say to me "There just is no jobs out there, I can't find anything", so I'll say something like "I've got a few labouring positions if you want a job, I'll give you a go and see what happens", basically all they'd have to do is keep supplying my sprayers pumps with a constant feed of paint, but as soon as you offer them a job I usually hear this "Oh well I say there is nothing, I might be working with Towtruck Tony blah blah blah".

A lot of people are using the recession as a cover for lazyness, or they tend to get used to not working and end up finding it hard to go back into working after having shitloads of time off.

I pay very well considering what most companies are paying aswell so it's not like they're not taking work because I'm paying rubbish dayworks.

[Edited on 05-09-2009 by J da Silva]
Would you fill me with paint.
N3CRO

17th Feb 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Pretty much no one would ever work if they thought like this.
I for one would have never worked at all if I thought this way.
mattk

17th Feb 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive been on it since early march, I have 6k saved up whicj I refuse to touch because it for a house, there are simply no jobs in my field, Im unemployed because of that, not because I choose to be, its £50 a week, your hardly robbing anyone being on it

scavving cunt, get a job
Root

17th Feb 11 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been on it twice, for 2 weeks maximum. One time didn't even end up being paid for it because I didn't chase it up.

I hate being spoken to like a piece of shit when you walk into a dole office, not everybody wants to live on £45 a week for the rest of their lives. They act as if you're scum but fact of the matter. If we had jobs, the cunts on the other side of that desk wouldn't.

In the process of signing back on because I've been laid off..to be fair, I'm going to claim it without feeling ashamed, I've paid taxes, I'm unemployed and genuinely trying to find work. The government let people take the piss and feel ashamed about being on the dole.
mattk

17th Feb 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on it for 6 months when this thread was made and then a further 6 months a year later till I strted working for my self

last time I signed on was august, roasting hot day, I went in with my shorts t shirt and sunglasses on, signed on and then got into my mates dads car and went to magaluf for the week

I missed an interveiw they give me the day after cause I was away and they signed me off, so I started a business
Root

17th Feb 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was on it for 6 months when this thread was made and then a further 6 months a year later till I strted working for my self

last time I signed on was august, roasting hot day, I went in with my shorts t shirt and sunglasses on, signed on and then got into my mates dads car and went to magaluf for the week

I missed an interveiw they give me the day after cause I was away and they signed me off, so I started a business

They're assholes like that. hope your business works out well for ya
mattk

17th Feb 11 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasnt on it because I wanted to be on it, but I tried to look at the positives that I did have a bit of dosh, it was summer and I had a lot of time to my self in the sun shiiiiiine

Im paying £900 a month in income tax at the moment now so fuck them, I enjoyed my time on the dole, Im now paying it back
Root

17th Feb 11 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wasnt on it because I wanted to be on it, but I tried to look at the positives that I did have a bit of dosh, it was summer and I had a lot of time to my self in the sun shiiiiiine

Im paying £900 a month in income tax at the moment now so fuck them, I enjoyed my time on the dole, Im now paying it back

Too right, the system is there for us when we need it. It's NOT meant to be there 24/7 for the people who aren't interested in jobs. Glad to see the new government doing something about this..hopefully it will work

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole 22 database queries in 0.0151389 seconds