corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking up 2 carpark spaces
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
20th Aug 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're in a quiet part that is obvious no one else is parking in and want to take up two spaces, totally fine by me. But it kind of defeats the purpose.

The only time I'd be annoyed is if it was taking up a decent space that I could have used.
Carl

20th Aug 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
High horse, morality speech.

You are getting all moralistic with me but you are still the one feeling you should be able to disregard the rules and park differently because you think everyone else is a retard and they are going to damage your precious car?

There are lines there for a reason is it that hard to understand? If you are that paranoid dont have a nice car or buy a car that the normal joe will realise is a nice car, to be fair most unedcuated people will just see a white Astra and not give a shit.

Everyone else IS retarded, and 90% of people don't care about cars, they are an a to b item, so when you have someone open their car door on you, it makes you angry. I've had many arguements with idiots who have opened their car door, onto the VXR door, whilst we've been IN the car... Which ended up in many rows.

:

I bet you have never been in it when someone has hit it with their door.
Andy Stocker

20th Aug 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been sat in my car when someone has then opened their door on my car, luckily it did no damage, but I was livid about it.
I generally drive to the far side of the carpark and use 2 spaces, failing that I take the Fiesta which I don't care about so I can park it anywhere
SVM 286

20th Aug 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
always do it in the bm...

and always try park next to decent cars

Not much luck that day.
M2RTY

20th Aug 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
I have been sat in my car when someone has then opened their door on my car, luckily it did no damage, but I was livid about it.
I generally drive to the far side of the carpark and use 2 spaces, failing that I take the Fiesta which I don't care about so I can park it anywhere

i have been SAT in my car (in one bay) with the roof down in an empty car park, had some old cunt park right next to me, open his door, hit my car, and then look at me as if I had opened his mouth and shit in it. He tutted, and walked off

i was fucking mad

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by M2RTY]
M2RTY

20th Aug 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and when i go to the football i ALWAYS park across 5 bays

mattfiesta

20th Aug 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some people dont realise they are a cunt and they need educating.. I'm fully aware I'm a cunt.

I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread yet but this gets me, you're a bigger cunt for rising to the occasion, plus if it were my car you had been a cocky twat and parked 10mm from you'd be coming back to your car with 2 flat tyres after I'd let them down. Surely you realise that people park like this in attempt to protect their cars from incosiderate morons, not some form of hierarchy?
BluKoo

20th Aug 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has his own traffic cones at work so he can cone off an area near his car so nobody can park near him.

Pointless thesedays though, as everybody knows him and what he's like with his cars so they always try and avoid parking anwhere near him
scoob
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 bay parking for the win use to do it all the time had some old coger in town open his door on my vectra he looked at me and just walked away so i put a nice big dint in his door
Adam-D

20th Aug 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i normally park on the other side of carpark and walk over. or ill park at the end of a row riaght up against the kerb and hope no one hits my car.
Ben G

20th Aug 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless your car is ultra wide then you shouldn't have any trouble parking in 1 normal sized space.

fair enough you get the twats in their 4x4's bashing your door's, so you try not to park next to a 4x4 or a shit motor.

i had a small dent in my drivers door, annoys me sometimes, but then what can i do?

if i saw someone do it to my car, i'd make sure their's cae off 10 times worse.
DaveyLC

20th Aug 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
quote:
Some people dont realise they are a cunt and they need educating.. I'm fully aware I'm a cunt.

I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread yet but this gets me, you're a bigger cunt for rising to the occasion, plus if it were my car you had been a cocky twat and parked 10mm from you'd be coming back to your car with 2 flat tyres after I'd let them down. Surely you realise that people park like this in attempt to protect their cars from incosiderate morons, not some form of hierarchy?

But thats the irony! You do it to protect your car and it ends up attracting attention.. Problem is my daily driver is very indescript your modified car isnt, if I knew you had let down my tyres next time I saw your car I'd drag you out of it and let your face down.
fir3vip3r

20th Aug 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to take up two spaces, when i had a nice car etc.

if the car parks empty and you park right in the corner or something, guaranteed some utter utter pillock will come and park next to you!

ever noticed when you go to a supermarket late night, theres groups of cars everywhere? i dont get why people have to park next to each other, surely leaving one gap is the best idea?

the thing that pisses me off more than anything more than people taking two spaces is, why cant people just give a fuck about someone elses property??????

would you throw your litter in someone elses garden? or is everyone so fucking cack handed they cant open a door.

inconsiderate wankers litter the world tbh.
Wrighty_1988

20th Aug 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I park across two bays, dont give a shit about everyone else really, i always park far away fron wherever im going into tho. No dents on my car and want it to stay that way. People dont park really close next to your car if you park your car diagonally.
DragonV

20th Aug 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have so many dents on my car its unbelievable, annoys me as i always park perfect in the bays its other inconsiderate people! up thurrock once some girl slammed her door open on my car, and tried to drive off, luckily it done no damage but just shows how much people dont care! rudeness imo.
Adam_B

20th Aug 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
i normally park on the other side of carpark and walk over. or ill park at the end of a row riaght up against the kerb and hope no one hits my car.

me too, must be an Adam thing
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EPIC THREAD . COM
nik

21st Aug 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't do it, makes you look like an arsehole and leaves you open for someone to key/boot your car IMO.
Gareth F

21st Aug 09 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then again my car got keyed in a line of 10 cars done down my road. No matter how you park your car it will get fucked over one way or another
nik

21st Aug 09 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picking up dents etc is part and parcel of owning a car that is used rather than sat in your garage all the time. Every car I've owned has picked up little dents from car parks, yes it annoying but thats life. Just think taking two spaces makes you look a complete twat, asking for trouble, and the dickhead wardons will probably ticket you for it. Not worth the hassle.
harrisp

21st Aug 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only carparks I really use are the local tesco or one multi storey, in tesco I usually park across two when it is quiet (lots of free spaces) or try and park next to something nice if its busy.
In the mutli storey I usually park at then end of a row or away from the shop entrances (usually empty).
Nath

21st Aug 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I the only one who has never had a parking ding on their car door?

8 years of driving and counting........

And VXR in arguing non-shocker

And, I always think 'prick' when I see any car parked across two bays. Unless they want to pay twice.
oceansoul

21st Aug 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old suzuki, and my m8s old vectra......not parked like that for any reason.....just pulled in like that
Ojc

21st Aug 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

21st Aug 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just bin mine wherever, try to find a decent space but never take up more than one!

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking up 2 carpark spaces 22 database queries in 0.0145800 seconds