corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » JDM good at maping it appears not

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JDM good at maping it appears not
Daimo B

User status: Offline
16th Oct 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Budwieser; true, true...
taylorboosh

16th Oct 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i didnt read the mig thread as its a wank site, so i dont know about that....
steveboyslim

16th Oct 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
If i am honest reading mig on my iphone i suspect the new engine is been built in a shed with little or no knowledge and the owner has just been caught out royally by SBS. Then again thats only how it would seem to me sat here looking in at the vauxhall world...

I am (was not) out to catch out anyone, I am concerned that after one expensive failure, there is not another.
I sold the Omega pistons, I also had the original design altered and using the information provided, I thought that the chap building the engine may have found something which I had overlooked, but without answers to some of the questions, mainly the capacity of the combustion chamber of the head being used, I cannot draw any conclusions.
I was also impressed by the figures given for the single valve springs, but again without all the information, no conclusion.

Steve (aka SBS)
ShEp

16th Oct 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THREAD OVER CHIP IS HERE, HE IS GOD AND HE IS RIGHT
flybikeslee

16th Oct 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard chip is a fat wanker....
steveboyslim

16th Oct 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
THREAD OVER CHIP IS HERE, HE IS GOD AND HE IS RIGHT

I hope and prey that you do not think that I am chip.
I was just pointing out the error of Rick's comment.

Steve

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by steveboyslim]
ShEp

16th Oct 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Steve

Chip is chip he cannot be mistaken.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

16th Oct 09 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard good and bad things about JDM, more bad than good!

Was another one this week with a mapped saxo that went pop after a recent visit!

Hence it's 10 miles from me and I wouldn't ever go, heard far to many similiar horror stories!

Few other local members I know will agree!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
chip

16th Oct 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
no point really. chip has said what power it is so i will just go along with that.

The only comment ive ever made about your cars power that I recall is that its at least 450bhp, as it couldnt do the terminals it does without at least that much power.

Fast car IMHO

Dont make out Ive said something I havent.
Nic Barnes

16th Oct 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chip
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
no point really. chip has said what power it is so i will just go along with that.

The only comment ive ever made about your cars power that I recall is that its at least 450bhp, as it couldnt do the terminals it does without at least that much power.

Fast car IMHO

Dont make out Ive said something I havent.

you've made it extremely clear how much you detest me on a personal level. its ok.
Nic Barnes

16th Oct 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

Was another one this week with a mapped saxo that went pop after a recent visit!

Hence it's 10 miles from me and I wouldn't ever go, heard far to many similiar horror stories!

but dan, i know of loads of cars that have been to loads of rolling roads and gone pop. its people like you and your internet stories that try and discredit things you dont even understand.

i know of a lot of cars that were painted at the place yours was where the work was beyond shocking. i know and have seen many exhausts done by the place yours was that i could make and weld better.

to say things in the way you do, without knowing any information is what the internet is all about i guess. clueless morons with nothing better to do than pretend to know things they dont. wikipedia has killed off the real people that know things by doing it.
chip

16th Oct 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never made that clear at all, you are imaging it, I actually quite like you as it happens, at least you are a proper petrol head one way or another, so thats cool as far as im concerned and I think your car goes pretty well.

Cant imagine how you have got an impression otherwise TBH

I even picked you for the vauxhall TOTB team a couple of years ago, and offered you a place this year but your car wasnt ready.

chip

16th Oct 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

A car going popped after its mapped is only inciminating if the map is to blame.

Often people build a rubbish engine, have it mapped, then they use it hard now its mapped, and it dies, not the fault of the mapping at all in that case.

Dont read too much into things without any evidence beyond anecdotal
Nic Barnes

16th Oct 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way you suggested it on migweb or passion ford was the car wasnt ready due to engine blowing up due to mapping wasnt it? post was later edited i believe. which isnt, and wasnt the case. its been mapped twice there. its never gone wrong. to suggest i never use mid throttle is just plain rediculous. its a road car. i use it a lot. its done just over 5k since being mapped in march in miles. cant all be at 100% throttle.

you generally speaking dont know me, and know nothing of what i do, have done or had issues with on that car. yet as clearly its been mapped by jdm its a time bomb. must be a fuckin right slow time bomb then. probably done far more miles this year than most of the other people that run power that is atleast 450bhp as you put it.

thats all.
chip

16th Oct 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said you didnt run at TOTB because you personally told me you had a dead engine, I didnt make any comment or implication as to the reason, not before or after any edit.

As per above, I dont claim to know anything about you, other than you seem to be a bit paranoid about me for some reason (excessive pot smoking probably, lol) and you are a petrol head.
So ive no reason not to like you, so ive no idea where you got that impression from, only an idiot would think they could form much of a personal opinion about someone else from reading stuff about cars on a forum, so its certainly not something I do.

Im sure your map must be better than the rubbish that Gary posted up which he apparently was charged for by JDM, as if it wasnt your engine would be in the same state as his by now, without seeing your map I wouldnt be able to comment definitively. You say yours has been fine so far, so I hope that continues to be the case for you as its never nice when people spend good money and end up with a pile of rubbish.

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by chip]
Nic Barnes

16th Oct 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comments you make on passion ford are.......

I think its harsh to call him dishonest without proof, being dishonest isnt the only explanation for him taking money for something without doing it properly and then wrongly saying that is debris damage rather than it having melted, the other explanation is that he is completely and totally clueless.

And from looking at that map it certainly is perfectly possible that he is just completely and totally clueless and knows utterly nothing about mapping or engines, so may not realise that what he did was utter shit, or that what he is saying to the customer now is completely wrong.

So really you should say he is a "dishonest or incompetent" wanker, rather than drawing the conclusion he is definately dishonest.

Not if he doesnt realise he is clueless.

He might mistakenly be under the impression that he has the first fucking clue what he is doing.

Nic certainly likes abusing it, he would have probably been ok on this map, as it would have never seen half throttle which is where its most dangerous, lol

Yeah he said to me something about someone putting stones into it or something.

Still it could be worse, they could have put one of JDM's bodge spec maps on it, that would have really fucked it judging by what happened to this engine, lol

sometimes its better to knwo the truth about certain incidents before being so adamant that you know best perhaps?

i gotta go now. i cant believe ive bothered to reply or respond to you.

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by Nic Barnes]
chip

16th Oct 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, I fail to see where in that comment you just posted you think there is something innacurate?

You told me someone put stones in your engine, so thats all I said had happened.

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by chip]
ShEp

16th Oct 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goodnight
spikedjack

17th Oct 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This got juicy after i left it last night
stan_the_man

17th Oct 09 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have at least 5 mates who use him regularly and have never had a single problem.

One has a 400bhp Civic turbo and uses it as a daily driver and hardly ever canes it. The map is faultless throughout the rev range, at both full and half thottle.

Same again with my mates Metro with 215bhp. Again, no problems at all.

Obviously the BHP figures are far from relevant, just trying to show that John can and (as far as i know) always does map cars to a very high standard.
chip

17th Oct 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like in this instance he was just negligent rather than actually being incompetent then.
Although I cant understand why he would let such a truely horrific botch job out the door if he actually has a clue what he is doing, let alone take good money for it knowing it was going to kill the guys engine (if he knows what he was doing, he would have known what the result would be)

Arguably thats even worse than if it was a result of him just not having a clue.

[Edited on 17-10-2009 by chip]
Nic Barnes

17th Oct 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edited, i realy dont want to get involved.

[Edited on 17-10-2009 by Nic Barnes]
garyhurn1

3rd Nov 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
I know, my first engine was built by someone who claimed to build F3 engines. When i gapped the ring it was like been the father of 3 babies and none of them were white....

Still it will be interesting to see what it does on norris dyno, even though its not tvg, and nup approved fpmsl

my latest engine , may i add mapped by somebody who actually gives a fuck, has done 2,300 miles this year since april , trip to the British gp, made close to 400bhp @ 26psi , done 4 full trackdays, 4 1/4 mile runs with out any issues
how many miles did any of your engines last...... i need not say any more

everyone who doubted the engine would last cannot argue, sbs who doubted the compression ratio we achieved with a 1mm gasket, said we would run into to trouble........ we havent.

as much as you say i altered the map it makes me laugh
Limecat
Banned

3rd Nov 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell, you type slowly...
3i_gaz

3rd Nov 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even a year on, chip is STILL a cunt.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » JDM good at maping it appears not 23 database queries in 0.0557010 seconds