corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks Champions League Football - sponsored by LFC Beach Balls

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This weeks Champions League Football - sponsored by LFC Beach Balls
strick206

User status: Offline
20th Oct 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
btw, I am print screening all these in case we win on Sunday

We aren't the favourites to win, so print screen all you want

JonnyJ

21st Oct 09 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Luton 1-1 York

We maybe should've nicked it at the end, but the way York played first half a draw is probably a fair result.

Nice to meet you again Jonny. And at a game actually involving York this time

Got back at 1am

Draw was a fair result, rather enjoyed the match although i was so certain we were going to lose that near the end, then we nearly won it on the break! Would have been mega harsh on you if we had.

Good to see you again mate Thats my Nath hat trick completed

Oh, your away stand has no leg room, i smashed my knees up celebrating our opener
Jamie

21st Oct 09 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fellow bares, I am struggling to come to terms with what I have witnessed. Outclassed, outplayed and beaten 3-1 by a bunch of Romanian Catholics, who are no better than a pub outfit. Playing in front of our majestys forces, we disgraced the crown and tarnished the proud name of the Glorious Glasgow Rangers. It is that bad that Walter has got his surname back.

Walter Smith must go,
Alistair McCoist MBE must go,
Durranty must go,
Lee McCulloch must go,
Kyle Girraferty must go,
Martin Bain must go,
David Murray must go,
Broxi Bear must go,
George Bowie must go,
Everything must go.

It got that bad after the Ukrainiuns scored there 3rd goal, I dropped my scarf from the Broomloan rear and it landed, in a diginified crumbled heap, 60 feet away.

This bare is away to drown his sorrows with some gin and bitter orange.

EDIT - JUST GOT A TEXT TELLING ME WE GOT BEAT 4-1, AWW FURFUXSAKE!
Tom

21st Oct 09 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said by cosmo, utter toss last night. As much as benitez shouldn't have tinkered at the wrong time and should have brought babel on with 20 minutes left.. we still failed to make opportunities count early doors, when gerrard went off we looked to be playing ok (suprisingly) but we lacked that bit of creativity around the box and no-one seemed to want to step up and show why they deserve to play for us. Apparantley this is our worst run in 22 years or something. We aren't in good shape to get anything from united based on that showing, to have any chance we at least need to sort out the defense, the concentration of players as much as the system worries me (how can a system work so well for us for so long turn into such a pile of shit, especially considering that the majority of the defensive players have stayed the same). In saying all that, and to echo jamie carragher, we do tend to do everything we can to make life difficult for ourselves then come out and win when we need to (bar last night ) so fingers crossed, there will be lots of nail biting on sunday.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Tom]
Tom

21st Oct 09 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW kelly had a great debut for us before going off injured
Adge

21st Oct 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
But Wigan was more embarassing

considering we then lost to Hull the week after, who are utter shite!!
Cosmo

21st Oct 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
BTW kelly had a great debut for us before going off injured

Agreed, he does look top draw. Especially as he was rb and is normally a CB.
corsa - gus

21st Oct 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie
My fellow bares, I am struggling to come to terms with what I have witnessed. Outclassed, outplayed and beaten 3-1 by a bunch of Romanian Catholics, who are no better than a pub outfit. Playing in front of our majestys forces, we disgraced the crown and tarnished the proud name of the Glorious Glasgow Rangers. It is that bad that Walter has got his surname back.

Walter Smith must go,
Durranty must go,
Lee McCulloch must go,
Kyle Girraferty must go,
Martin Bain must go,
David Murray must go,
Broxi Bear must go,
George Bowie must go,
Everything must go.

It got that bad after the Ukrainiuns scored there 3rd goal, I dropped my scarf from the Broomloan rear and it landed, in a diginified crumbled heap, 60 feet away.

Is that a follow follow post?

To be honest, I am one of the optomistic Rangers fans because if you don't believe in the team then there is no point in following them. But it has now got to the stage I have no belief what so ever. But who do you blame? Walter Smith? The players? The board? I honestly don't know.

Walter Smith puts 11 players on the pitch and tells those 11 players what to do, but last night they really didn't seem to know what they were meant to be doing so I would have to say he must take a chunk of the blame.

The players, we can't be too sore on McGregor as he didn't have any chance with anything last night, from what I saw. However the 10 guys infront of him were gut-less. Our forwards are frightened to shoot, the midfield was pretty much non existant and the defence was laughable. The only player who seemed to give two hoots was Steve Davis. The rest didn't really seem to be all that bothered.

The board, they don't give the manager any money to spend...I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to give Walter Smith millions of pounds to waste on dross either. The club was run quite badly for a long time which resulted in us running up large debts, those debts are now having to be paid off by selling our assets and we cannot bring decent players in with the proceeds. Unfortunately that is just business, there is nothing the ordinary punter can do. If I had the millions of pounds I would do the same thing.

Last night though was an utter disgrace but it has been coming for a while. Rangers as a club are not a "giant" as a large chunk of our fans seem to believe. We are a minnow in a big pond full to the brim with sharks in europe, and that won't change. I can take defeat, if my team shows they are at least trying, last night however showed that the majority of our players don't give a shit.

Ojc

21st Oct 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rangers and Celtic will continue to get worse and their finances even worse for as long as they play in Scotland I'm afraid.
corsa - gus

21st Oct 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, but I don't really think English teams want us playing in their league and this talk of an Atlantic Super league is just silly imo. We want to be playing against the elite teams in Europe every week but we struggle to beat St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell on a weekly basis. If English teams wanted us to enter their league I would love to play our football there, however I think there is little chance it will ever happen.
Ojc

21st Oct 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to see Celtic & Rangers in the Premier League, what reason would anyone not want them?
mwg

21st Oct 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess it would mean a few extra points for the rest of the teams
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'd love to see Celtic & Rangers in the Premier League, what reason would anyone not want them?

because after a few years in there we would have money behind us as well as the name and would be pulling in some great talent and climbing up the league
Jamie

21st Oct 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie

Walter Smith must go,
Durranty must go,
Lee McCulloch must go,
Kyle Girraferty must go,
Martin Bain must go,
David Murray must go,
Broxi Bear must go,
George Bowie must go,
Everything must go.

Is that a follow follow post?

I may or may not have a FF log in

Got it emailed to me this morning.
Nath

21st Oct 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

If they start from the bottom of the Football League pyramid then fine.
Cavey

21st Oct 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

because after a few years in there we would have money behind us as well as the name and would be pulling in some great talent and climbing up the league

There would be outrage from other teams trying to get into the premier league, you wouldn't be able to just place them in that league, teams like Newcastle and Boro who are trying to get promoted to the premiership would go crazy. If you extended the league to 22 teams that would still get the same complaints from lower league teams, and also would increase the fixture congestion that everyone already cries about. The only way they could get in the english leagues would be to start from the BSP and that's not going to happen
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we want it the prem wants it english clubs dont!
Robbo

21st Oct 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You guys should hope Cardiff get promoted then See all the fuss that (doesn't get) kicked off then!
Nath

21st Oct 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cardiff worked their way up. If they make it to the Prem then fair play to them. They were instated into English football in 1910 or something.
strick206

21st Oct 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, rangers and celtic only deserve to play in the premiership when they have come up through the leagues

Blue Square Prem and work their way up, then they will deserve it
Danny P

21st Oct 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Cardiff worked their way up. If they make it to the Prem then fair play to them. They were instated into English football in 1910 or something.

Cardiff were also invited to play in the English League years and years ago. They didn't want to come simply to earn a few quid.
JonnyJ

21st Oct 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Exactly, rangers and celtic only deserve to play in the premiership when they have come up through the leagues

Blue Square Prem and work their way up, then they will deserve it

I dont want them barging in our fucking league
Danny P

21st Oct 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they came down, they should be forced to start where any "new club" starts. Think AFC Wimbledon had to start summat like 5 below the Conference, and so did Aldershot when they re-formed after they went bust.
AlexSXI

21st Oct 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
Or Loaned out Lisbie

If i'm right those two have 17 goals between them already Lisbie has 6 and i think Rhodes has 11

I know Rhodes has 11, so you could be right.

Yeah i'm right then as kevlis has 6 for us!

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by AlexSXI]
Ojc

21st Oct 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And is being brought back to Ipswich to be sold

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks Champions League Football - sponsored by LFC Beach Balls 23 database queries in 0.0192139 seconds