corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hahaha unlucky you dumb thieves, I'm so glad that you're so dumb

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hahaha unlucky you dumb thieves, I'm so glad that you're so dumb
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree they were thieving scumbags however i find the piss taking of them being distasteful, yea they stole, yea they paid the ultimate price but they are still someones child and more then likey have innocent family. Completely distasteful to take the piss out of them.
fir3vip3r

11th Dec 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GaryF
No no.
You have misunderstood. Under his ruling, a person who chose to be a thief had a limb chopped off.
If this country manned up a bit, we wouldn't have thieves.

oh yeah, i can see the logic... no crime happens over there

so, you get accused of nicking something, you get your arm lopped off.... you didnt do it!

what then?
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
No no.
You have misunderstood. Under his ruling, a person who chose to be a thief had a limb chopped off.
If this country manned up a bit, we wouldn't have thieves.

oh yeah, i can see the logic... no crime happens over there

so, you get accused of nicking something, you get your arm lopped off.... you didnt do it!

what then?

With todays technology, its fairly easy to prove guilt beyond any reasonable doubt.
fir3vip3r

11th Dec 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was throwing out hypotheticals!
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where it cant be proven beyond reasonable doubt (which is the level it has to be done at the moment before sending them to prison) then they either get a longer sentence until it can be proven or they are innocent.

Its very very rare given the advancement in CSI that big mistakes will happen.
MarkSport

11th Dec 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Feel most sorry for the train driver. No remose for the families. Should have brought their kids up better.

MarkSport

11th Dec 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose when you go off the rails when growing up in life, there's no point getting back on them..the consiquences can be harsh!
fir3vip3r

11th Dec 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Where it cant be proven beyond reasonable doubt (which is the level it has to be done at the moment before sending them to prison) then they either get a longer sentence until it can be proven or they are innocent.

i know this, im not going to argue with you at all..

i was just liking Garys stance that we should start hacking limbs off a few people!
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i was just liking Garys stance that we should start hacking limbs off a few people!

I'll hack yours off if you dont argue.
fir3vip3r

11th Dec 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll hack yours off if you dont argue.

GF-91
Banned

11th Dec 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know what they say, if you don't like an opinion....
P1CK4D

11th Dec 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286

Legendary
DizzyRebel

11th Dec 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They got their comeuppance but i cant blame them for knocking off a retail outlet.

You dont know the circumstances behind them doing it, they could be from a broken home, living on a rough estate in a shithole house with no chance of a job and no real way out. Christmas round the corner and no prospects of money to give family any presents etc i can see the appeal. They might have had kids to provide for etc... and no one wants to see kids go without for xmas.

If i could pull off one job, get 20k out of it and use that money to go clean i would do it in a heartbeat. The business wont loose out on anything as they will just claim for stock losses on insurance and in this economic climate they are probably thankful for the insurance claim.

Get rich or die trying, its a dog eat dog world out there so i will not blame them for trying to get ahead.
P1CK4D

11th Dec 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Get rich or die trying.

Literally
fir3vip3r

11th Dec 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

then what?
GF-91
Banned

11th Dec 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fire, you don't know what they say?
Ollie_B

11th Dec 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

then what?

Eat a bowl of jelly
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The business wont loose out on anything as they will just claim for stock losses on insurance and in this economic climate they are probably thankful for the insurance claim.

You have got to be kidding me right?

At best they'll get the wholesale value of the goods in insurance, I highly doubt this will cover all their costs (rent, wages, power, rates, etc) which were just proportioned to those goods, let alone the store as a whole which will miss out due to it all.

And do you think a retailer of outdoor goods is thriving in this current climate? Of course it isnt as the whole retail market is on its arse (blacks has already gone, as has another similar business iirc). What if the lost profit on those goods puts the shop out of business? Or means they have to let two hard working employees go?

That dog eat dog enough for you? As Id class that as dog eats honest hard worker.

If that happened to us it would put the shop under, 100%. Our stock are samples we sell from (we dont sell off the rail). It would take at least 4 months for the suppliers to make up new ones, by which time they'd no longer be current stock - not that it would matter as we'd of had to lay all the staff off with no income being brought in to pay them.
Nath

11th Dec 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those poor little rascals. They were only stealing to provide bread and water for their families

RIP
DizzyRebel

11th Dec 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
The business wont loose out on anything as they will just claim for stock losses on insurance and in this economic climate they are probably thankful for the insurance claim.

You have got to be kidding me right?

At best they'll get the wholesale value of the goods in insurance, I highly doubt this will cover all their costs (rent, wages, power, rates, etc) which were just proportioned to those goods, let alone the store as a whole which will miss out due to it all.

And do you think a retailer of outdoor goods is thriving in this current climate? Of course it isnt as the whole retail market is on its arse (blacks has already gone, as has another similar business iirc). What if the lost profit on those goods puts the shop out of business? Or means they have to let two hard working employees go?

That dog eat dog enough for you? As Id class that as dog eats honest hard worker.

If that happened to us it would put the shop under, 100%. Our stock are samples we sell from (we dont sell off the rail). It would take at least 4 months for the suppliers to make up new ones, by which time they'd no longer be current stock - not that it would matter as we'd of had to lay all the staff off with no income being brought in to pay them.

Dont know how your insurance works. But a bike dealership i worked at hit a bit of a dry spell and 'burned' down. Payout paid off all the debts and paid for a re-fit as well as brought in plenty of new stock. If any of our stock was stolen we wouldnt have lost a penny and it would have actually helped pay off our credit line. Your small shop selling one off things might not be the same, but big retailers certainly dont loose out when things like this happen.

And im sorry but it is dog eat dog mate, no matter how you try and justify otherwise. No one gives a fuck about each other anymore so just concentrate on providing for yourself and your family by any means necessary.

If you was at rock bottom, with a family to support and bills to pay with no income and no hope for a job because of the area you live in and the economic climate. Xmas is round the corner and the debt collectors are ringing daily threatening to take your house away. Your mate rings you up and tells you hes going on a job, 80k split 4 ways. Its enough to pay off your debt, give your family a Christmas and get you back on your feet again with a small business - would you take the job or just go without and end up on the streets?
John

11th Dec 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love your posst Dizzy.

Area you live in and economic climate are terrible reasons, there are still jobs about and does not having a job make you a lifetime criminal?

Not a chance I'd take a 'job' to get 20k

My freedom (and life) is worth a significant amount more.
Pop

11th Dec 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo - Does your business insurance not cover business interuption?
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will deal with these points separately as you sont seem to understand how retailer and/or insurance works.

quote:
Dont know how your insurance works. But a bike dealership i worked at hit a bit of a dry spell and 'burned' down. Payout paid off all the debts and paid for a re-fit as well as brought in plenty of new stock. If any of our stock was stolen we wouldnt have lost a penny and it would have actually helped pay off our credit line.

Insurance pays out the cost of the goods to the store (i.e. wholesale), it doesnt pay out retail value. If all the company gets is the wholesale value of the goods back, then this will go nowhere in covering the costs of the store. Great you MAY get cash for the wholesale value of the goods stolen, but zero profit, and therefore what covers the rent, the rates, the employees wages, the utility bills, etc? Its the lost profit on those stolen items that would of paid for those.

And also, in reality what they will tend to get from the insurance is replacement items (not cash), which 9/10 will be delivered with a delay and by the time they hit the shop floor will struggle to shift.

quote:

Your small shop selling one off things might not be the same, but big retailers certainly dont loose out when things like this happen.

You mean 6 small shops mate, combined stock worth well over £1m, combined turnover close to hitting £2m. Yup, tiny

quote:

And im sorry but it is dog eat dog mate, no matter how you try and justify otherwise. No one gives a fuck about each other anymore so just concentrate on providing for yourself and your family by any means necessary.

What you fail to understand is the employees in that store may be the ones who end up being the ones effected at the end of the day - thats not dog eat dog. Thats a dog screwing over a hard worker.

quote:

If you was at rock bottom, with a family to support and bills to pay with no income and no hope for a job because of the area you live in and the economic climate. Xmas is round the corner and the debt collectors are ringing daily threatening to take your house away. Your mate rings you up and tells you hes going on a job, 80k split 4 ways. Its enough to pay off your debt, give your family a Christmas and get you back on your feet again with a small business - would you take the job or just go without and end up on the streets?

Hopefully that person does the job, gets killed preferably on the way, but if not on the way back will do), and his family struggle even more at Christmas.

Dog eat dog world, hope his kids go hungry.
DizzyRebel

11th Dec 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I love your posst Dizzy.

Area you live in and economic climate are terrible reasons, there are still jobs about and does not having a job make you a lifetime criminal?

Not a chance I'd take a 'job' to get 20k

My freedom (and life) is worth a significant amount more.

Once you have been to the areas and seen how bad it is you will start to understand why they turn to crime. For some people, they have been born into the slums and all they have known is crime. I dont know you or your past, but i can bet you havnt had to live on the breadline and havnt lived in a neighbourhood where the majority of the residents make money from selling drugs, dodgy dvds and prostitution. Newport is one of those places.

Im not saying its impossible to get on your feet if you live by the system, but for some people its nigh on impossible. And although i dont condone or encourage people to go out on the rob, i do belive that a man should do anything in his power to get ahead in live. Id sooner take a gamble on something like that than work in maccies or the corner shop till im 65 wondering what it would be like to live with expendable income.
Cosmo

11th Dec 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Once you have been to the areas and seen how bad it is you will start to understand why they turn to crime. For some people, they have been born into the slums and all they have known is crime. I dont know you or your past, but i can bet you havnt had to live on the breadline and havnt lived in a neighbourhood where the majority of the residents make money from selling drugs, dodgy dvds and prostitution. Newport is one of those places.

Im not saying its impossible to get on your feet if you live by the system, but for some people its nigh on impossible. And although i dont condone or encourage people to go out on the rob, i do belive that a man should do anything in his power to get ahead in live. Id sooner take a gamble on something like that than work in maccies or the corner shop till im 65 wondering what it would be like to live with expendable income.

You were talking a while back about wanting to set up a business werent you? What was it again?

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hahaha unlucky you dumb thieves, I'm so glad that you're so dumb 22 database queries in 0.0439501 seconds