corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fast lane

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fast lane
Cosmo

User status: Offline
9th Feb 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
People also forget its 70MPH MAXIMUM and that if people wish to sit at 60mph or whatever then so be it, overtake and get back in lane.

You can actually be done for going too slow as well. It may well be the recommended speed limit, but if its perfect conditions you should be doing it, or there abouts. If a driver isnt confident enough to do 70mph then they shouldn't be on the road.
Tiger

9th Feb 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is the line drawn though?

I see cranes doing 35mph on the M6 between J6 and J2 on a regular basis, but are they exempt? Seemingly not, but the coppers would'nt pull them over either, so, are they worthy to be on the motorway? Equally, w
should a classic car, top speed 40mph be allowed on a motorway?

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by Tiger]
Kurt

9th Feb 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like to introduce blind spot wankers into the eqation. its a new phonemon ive noticed recently

Im driving along in lane 1, im aproaching a lorry 300 metres in front, middle lane car moves into my blindspot and continues to sit there till say 50-100 metres from the lorry, they suddenly decide to overtake, almost blocking me on purpose from overtaking..

why sit in my blind spot and not just continue to overtake

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by Kurt]
ed

9th Feb 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Where is the line drawn though?

I see cranes doing 35mph on the M6 between J6 and J2 on a regular basis, but are they exempt? Seemingly not, but the coppers would'nt pull them over either, so, are they worthy to be on the motorway? Equally, w
should a classic car, top speed 40mph be allowed on a motorway?

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by Tiger]
It's against the law to travel at less that 40mph on the motorway.
Dom

9th Feb 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
any motorway driving ive done - specifically the M1, ive stuck in the middle lane for the majority of the journey. The way i look at it, if im constantly over taking cars in the inside lane why the fuck should i have to keep moving between the two?

Because it's part of the highway code, the code that all drivers must legally abide to whilst driving!

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by Dom]
ed

9th Feb 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plan your maneuvers
dangermouse2503

9th Feb 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do we start this thread? lol

First the 'Highway Code', who honestly, after passing there driving test, has picked this thing up and read it again? Probably none of you and thats me included

They state that 90% of people's speedo's are innacurate by upto 10% so those of you who say your doing 80mph might only be doing 74mph. The only vehicles to have there speedo's calibrated regularly are police traffic vehicles.

As mentioned, there is no such thing as a fast lane, just idiots i.e. reps, white van men, proper nuggets who dont have a bloody clue and call it that coz it sounds good and they live most of there life there thinking there Hamilton or Button.
If some tool wants to sit at 90mph in the far right lane then leave them to it! Just drive as per accordance to the road laws and if you hinder someone's progress coz there driving like feck-wit then fook em!

Think this thread has actually been a good idea because its highlighted who 'THINKS' they know what there on a bout and those "WHO DO" know what there on about!

Those of you that drive at 90mph and then blow a gasket when someone doing 70mph pulls into your lane to overtake take a good look into your rear view mirror for a change and ask yourself "Am I driving like prick?
There'll be a good chance that you are!

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by dangermouse2503]
John

9th Feb 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are doing 90 down the outside lane, even if you shouldn't be in that lane, and somebody pulls out on you doing 70 they should be shot in the head.
_Allan_

9th Feb 10 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If you are doing 90 down the outside lane, even if you shouldn't be in that lane, and somebody pulls out on you doing 70 they should be shot in the head.

I did have a big rant written but yeah as above
dangermouse2503

9th Feb 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Soooooo guessing your an expert on judging people's speeds just by looking in your drivers mirror????

Bottom line..... THE SPEED LIMIT IS 70MPH FOR A REASON BONEHEAD!!!!!! ITS CALLED THE LAW!!!!! LERAN IT BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE OR CAUSE AN ACCIDENT!!!!!

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by dangermouse2503]
John

9th Feb 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am an expert in it yes, unlucky for you if you're not.

If pulling out looks like it will make somebody brake to avoid you you are in the wrong, it's quite simple.
Jake

9th Feb 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by jake
any motorway driving ive done - specifically the M1, ive stuck in the middle lane for the majority of the journey. The way i look at it, if im constantly over taking cars in the inside lane why the fuck should i have to keep moving between the two?

Because it's part of the highway code, the code that all drivers must legally abide to whilst driving!

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by Dom]

dom dont be a cunt all your life
ChrisBoom

9th Feb 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still havent driven on a motorway in 2 years of driving, joys of living in the sticks.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
I still havent driven on a motorway in 2 years of driving, joys of living in the sticks.

Fuck sake Chris, I love motorway driving
_Allan_

9th Feb 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dangermouse2503
Soooooo guessing your an expert on judging people's speeds just by looking in your drivers mirror????

Bottom line..... THE SPPED LIMIT IS 70MPH FOR A REASON BONEHEAD!!!!!! ITS CALLED THE LAW!!!!! LERAN IT BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE OR CAUSE AN ACCIDENT!!!!!

I will bite at that though

WTF you don't need to be an expert at judging speed to recognise someone is travelling faster than you. Why pull out on them?. Let them be on their way and then you can then overtake Nigel in the middle lane at 69mph.

Please don't preach on some moral ground about the law and speed limits. There is no way you're saying you've never broken the speed limit because you're full of shit.

dangermouse2503

9th Feb 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If pulling out looks like it will make somebody brake to avoid you you are in the wrong, it's quite simple.

Your obviously missing the point arent you?

No-one is an expert in judging vehicle speeds just by looking in their mirror!

As mentioned... THE SPEED LIMIT IS 70MPH!!!!!!!!!!!

Your obviously one of the nations 'fuckwits' who is a '3rd lane warrior!

All you are is a selfish inconsiderate prick who is not only putting your life in danger but everyone else around!

You should have your arse glued to a pedal bike and made to travel that way for the rest of you days!

There's places for doing 90mph, there called track days!
ChrisBoom

9th Feb 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom

Fuck sake Chris, I love motorway driving

Closest ive ever been to a motorway is M9, turned off towards stirling instead. Never had a reason to drive all the way to glasgow
Jake

9th Feb 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

All you are is a selfish inconsiderate prick who is not only putting your life in danger but everyone else around!

You should have your arse glued to a pedal bike and made to travel that way for the rest of you days!

rararararararararrarar
John

9th Feb 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

My advanced driving test pass says otherwise, my cheap insurance agrees with them.

Thanks for listening

Also, if you could read, you'd see that throughout the thread I've been agreeing with the law that you move left after overtaking, pulling out on somebody moving faster is at least as bad though.

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by John]
ed

9th Feb 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Soooooo guessing your an expert on judging people's speeds just by looking in your drivers mirror???
During the day you can generally judge when to pull out quite easily, at night it's a bit harder to judge the closing speed.
dangermouse2503

9th Feb 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:

Bottom line..... THE SPPED LIMIT IS 70MPH FOR A REASON BONEHEAD!!!!!! ITS CALLED THE LAW!!!!! LERAN IT BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE OR CAUSE AN ACCIDENT!!!!!

I will bite at that though

WTF you don't need to be an expert at judging speed to recognise someone is travelling faster than you. Why pull out on them?. Let them be on their way and then you can then overtake Nigel in the middle lane at 69mph.

Please don't preach on some moral ground about the law and speed limits. There is no way you're saying you've never broken the speed limit because you're full of shit.

Hey I admit I've broken the speed limit but 'there's a time and place'.

But if your clocking 90mph and someone moves into your lane causing you to brake then obviously they've done it for a reason, probably due to a good volume of traffic about and you should slow down.
If they aint indicated and drifted across then yeah, I agree, show off your frustration because indicators are there for a reason!

If its 2am and the motorway is dead then yeah, do 90mph...100mph...hell try and break the land speed record if you want!

But if there's other motorists around then exercise something called consideration, even if they dont.

Thats what makes you a better driver
ed

9th Feb 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going on your high horse on the internet isn't going to get you anywhere.

Welcome to planet earth, people drive at 90mph plus on the motorway. They don't crash, it's not half as dangerous as it's made out and you've got to deal with it.
dangermouse2503

9th Feb 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

My advanced driving test pass says otherwise, my cheap insurance agrees with them.

Thanks for listening

Also, if you could read, you'd see that throughout the thread I've been agreeing with the law that you move left after overtaking, pulling out on somebody moving faster is at least as bad though.

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by John]

Your advanced driving test and cheap insurance warrants you to drive at 90mph????

How does that justify you being a 'law unto yourself?

Your just one of those fortunate people who havent been caught or even worse, crashed.

Had a mate with the same arrogance as you, was cocky all the time behind the wheel, 7years no claims, IAM and thought he was GOD!

Now he can never work again due to an accident that nearly killed him and is registered disabled!

Your just like the majority of other motorway muppets, your complacent and it will be your undoing

Not wishing an accident on you and fair do's on agreeing with the law through the thread but have you ever thought that some people may not have as much experience on the road as you?
John

9th Feb 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've missed the whole point completely, I don't think I'm god, I do speed, I do things I shouldn't, I know which of them are legal or not though and when to take the risks.

Pulling out on faster moving traffic is equally as bad as sitting in the outside lane.
richc

9th Feb 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People driving at 90 dont cause problems. Its people pulling out at low speeds with little consideration for looking around.

Germay proves this. Infact the whole of europe does. Go to france/belgium, they dont have like to tank it even if the limit is there!

Its only use brits that dont grasp the idea.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fast lane 22 database queries in 0.0178311 seconds