corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Pope

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Pope
stuartmitchell

User status: Offline
16th Sep 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Edinburgh isnt a shit hole, there are some very lovley parts of that also..as there is Glasgow.

There's more smack addicts in Edinburgh than there are anywhere else in Scotland, don't let a castle and some fancy shops trick you into thinking it's a nice place.

It's still nicer than the weege though
monty46

16th Sep 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pope mobile, bullets cant get in and kids cant get out
saj_123

16th Sep 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by monty46
The pope mobile, bullets cant get in and kids cant get out

Lol
rustyarchs

16th Sep 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got caught in traffic for 20 min cos the police shut a bridge over the m8 as he went under it which lasted a whole 20 secs from he was in sight till he was outta sight again, worst thing was i was only 5 min from my house! crazy amount of people on the bridge watching to... badgers
Hammer

16th Sep 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
i got caught in traffic for 20 min cos the police shut a bridge over the m8 as he went under it which lasted a whole 20 secs from he was in sight till he was outta sight again, worst thing was i was only 5 min from my house! crazy amount of people on the bridge watching to... badgers

There couldn't have been, no one is interested in seeing the Pope, adiohead has some statistics mate.
Corsa_Sport21

17th Sep 10 at 06:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it true that Bishop Brennan and Father Jack Hacket were in attendance to this ??
sc0ott

17th Sep 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na it was father dick byrne that attended.
adiohead

17th Sep 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

There couldn't have been, no one is interested in seeing the Pope, adiohead has some statistics mate.

Like I said, they're not my statistics. And do you even know what the statistics are about?
They're showing that 79 per cent of people had "no personal interest" in the visit and 77 per cent do not think taxpayers should be paying for it. There's nothing to say those figures are wrong.

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/culture-media-and-sport/pope-visit-thousands-of-tickets-unsold-$21383849.htm

"The beatification had already been scaled back to a smaller venue in Birmingham due to poor sales, with only 50,000 tickets, at £25 apiece, sold so far."

Of course the silly Catholics are going to come out and pay their respects to their (actual) Nazi leader.
I think you'll find I edited your comment to say:
"Only difference is hundreds of thousands of brainwashed people actually want to hear and see the Pope."

You think he'd feel at home with comments like this:
"Benedict likened the rise of British atheism and secularism to the rise of the Nazi Party in his native Germany"

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by adiohead]
John

17th Sep 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody with half a brain knows what position the pope holds and how big an event it is, whether they agree with either Catholicism or any religion.

Again, how much of the taxpayers money does the Queen take?

She holds no position at all and couldn't command they crowds, not in England and certainly not anywhere else in the world.
Lawrah
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly Catholics..thats a rather sweeping statement.
adiohead

17th Sep 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder if he'll break the Princess Diana funeral and Iraq war protest figures.
adiohead

17th Sep 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Silly Catholics..thats a rather sweeping statement.

Worshipping an actual Nazi and someone who helps spread the HIV virus to kill millions of Africans is silly, imo.

Lawrah
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know he didnt have much choice at 14, being German..

quote:

Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was conscripted into the Hitler Youth — as membership was required by law for all 14-year old German boys after December 1939[9] — but was an unenthusiastic member who refused to attend meetings.[10] His father was an enemy of Nazism, believing it conflicted with the Catholic faith. In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was taken away by the Nazi regime and killed during the Aktion T4 campaign of Nazi eugenics.[11] In 1943, while still in seminary, he was drafted into the German anti-aircraft corps as Luftwaffenhelfer.[10] Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry, but a subsequent illness precluded him from the usual rigours of military duty. As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he deserted back to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established their headquarters in the Ratzinger household. As a German soldier, he was put in a POW camp but was released a few months later at the end of the war in the summer of 1945. He reentered the seminary, along with his brother Georg, in November of that year.

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by Lawrah]
adiohead

17th Sep 10 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You know he didnt have much choice at 14, being German..

and what about his comments on HIV?
Lawrah
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every religion has its own beliefs, many people dont agree...but there is no need to be disrespectful of peoples faith.
Ben J

17th Sep 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a paedo nazi. End of.

But of course thats okay because he's CATHOLIC!!!!

Religion of fear.

My in-laws and family are catholics...and tbh it all seems a very naive religion.

[Edited on 17-09-2010 by Ben J]
Lawrah
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Religion of fear.

What ye scared of?
adiohead

17th Sep 10 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Every religion has its own beliefs, many people dont agree...but there is no need to be disrespectful of peoples faith.

And what about being respectful to Africans?

quote:
What have dirty Africans got to do with your personal tirade against the Pope? Do you have AIDS mate?

Everyone is free to believe what they want, including me

I believe that the people who have gone out to worship this man are silly. The guy is an idiot and his views are irresponsible and will actually KILL millions of people.

Ben J

17th Sep 10 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Religion of fear.

What ye scared of?

I'm not scared, but Catholics seem to be in fear of what may happen to them if they don't follow catholic beliefs.

Lawrah
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was never disrespectful to Africans, I just dont see why people have to be so angry and rude about other peoples religions at all..
Lawrah
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
quote:

Religion of fear.

What ye scared of?

I'm not scared, but Catholics seem to be in fear of what may happen to them if they don't follow catholic beliefs.

Really? Ive not met many that follow it to a tee.
Ben J

17th Sep 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am angry that taxpayers have paid £12m for a man to visit who is a former Nazi youth AND had been involved in covering up the huge paedo network within the Catholic church???

Why is that okay?

No-one else would get away with it but he's got a nice protective bubble around him called religion.

John

17th Sep 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All joking aside, he's clearly anti-nazi and
Was he personally involved in any coverup?

Just like David Cameron isn't responsible for Gordon Brown's mess.

I agree with most of the points about brainwashed etc btw, I'm well aware of some of the things the Catholic Church get up to.

And regarding his comments about Africa, how many of the affected African's will have been watching that?
Scotty_B

17th Sep 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I am angry that taxpayers have paid £12m for a man to visit who is a former Nazi youth AND had been involved in covering up the huge paedo network within the Catholic church???

Why is that okay?

No-one else would get away with it but he's got a nice protective bubble around him called religion.

Says it all really.
Hammer

17th Sep 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
quote:

Like I said, they're not my statistics. And do you even know what the statistics are about?
They're showing that 79 per cent of people had "no personal interest" in the visit and 77 per cent do not think taxpayers should be paying for it. There's nothing to say those figures are wrong.

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/culture-media-and-sport/pope-visit-thousands-of-tickets-unsold-$21383849.htm

"The beatification had already been scaled back to a smaller venue in Birmingham due to poor sales, with only 50,000 tickets, at £25 apiece, sold so far."

Of course the silly Catholics are going to come out and pay their respects to their (actual) Nazi leader.
I think you'll find I edited your comment to say:
"Only difference is hundreds of thousands of brainwashed people actually want to hear and see the Pope."

You think he'd feel at home with comments like this:
"Benedict likened the rise of British atheism and secularism to the rise of the Nazi Party in his native Germany"

I've already told you your statistics mean nothing, are you thick? 125,000 people lined the streets of Edinburgh when 10,000 were expected. Does that sound like a show of apathy to you?

He likened the rise in young people not having faith to the growth in an evil party that wanted to take over the world yet you call him a Nazi, the same thing he is slating. Again, are you fucking thick?

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Pope 22 database queries in 0.0167029 seconds