corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MY CORSA B ( DEAD )

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MY CORSA B ( DEAD )
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
11th Apr 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks much better mate, get that glue residue removed tho lol
bally2010
Premium Member

11th Apr 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be taking it work on saturday and using some tar remover stuff
bally2010
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well give it a clean before , didnt t-cut or polish just a wash until tomorrow

also a picture of my vectra smoked interior light

bally2010
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats best way to remove glue from sidestrips ? i have a heatgun was told to heat up slightly and will come off then use tar remover ?? any other ideas would be great
JaffaTB

13th Apr 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used wd40 and my fingers rub it and it rolled up into balls and came off, then t-cutted where it had been

are you going to spray your sun visors mate? i did mine black to match my liner, just sprayed straight onto the visor no primer or anything and it came out great, much better than i expected
bally2010
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont no because there vectra ones and the flaps are plastic so i dunno lol u got pic of how yours look
JaffaTB

13th Apr 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh i see lol, i sold my veccy ones never bothered fitting them, got no pics but they came out perfect mate
bally2010
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not done much tbh apart from sprayed my scuttle panel and my rear drums , will be doing calipers tomorrow , i also was in middle of fitting other aero wiper but got a pic first

JaffaTB

14th Apr 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you do the drums with high temp paint? i didn't the first time i did mine just used normal hammerite and after a few weeks it all bubbled and burnt off so had to be redone
bally2010
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done them with high temp silver then over with blue if they dont last then i will re do them in black high temp
bally2010
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got bored of seeing the scratch on rear 1/4 and the glus on doors off rub strips so dprayed the rear 1/4 and used bit of laquer , and removed most of glue before weather went crappy

ALSO got chips away coming round tomorrow to give me a quote on car being resprayed
bally2010
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FROM THIS

TO THIS
bally2010
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as you can see the paintwork looks flat , i am getin quote tomorrow as post above states . but just out of interest how would i get it shinier ? i was thinking buffing up any ideas are apreciated
Jamie-C

18th Apr 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like it needs more lacquer to me, then let it harden and get a buffer and some compound on to it.
bally2010
Premium Member

18th Apr 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for info im geting a quote tomorrow to have fullc ar painted but if i cant afford that at moment then i will try sorting it out myself for now
bally2010
Premium Member

1st May 11 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not done much apart from buff up rear end ,which i think looks better now bought a compressor and painted my scuttle gloss black doing my new a.b.c pillars and bumper tops and arches tomorrow,

also fitted black door cards, handles plastics and carpet , also fitted some 2.0 black diamond drilled and grooved discs with new calipers off a redtop as the ones i had wouldnt fit discs in so must be off cav sri or sumat , will be fitting black dash tomorrow pics of it all tomorrow

heres pics of it when i cleaned it other day still on hunt for a wing

[Edited on 01-05-2011 by bally2010]
Jamie-C

1st May 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear quarter looks like a good job now, plans sound good too
bally2010
Premium Member

1st May 11 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Rear quarter looks like a good job now, plans sound good too

thanks im going to give rear end another buffing and will have my dash fitted tomorrow and my scuttle amongst other things

just need some 15" vaux wheels and some mhw or german rears
bally2010
Premium Member

4th May 11 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well fitted my glossy scuttle but no pics, i also fitted my new black dashboard wouldnt like to change one again tho , also got rid of sport seats , instead i have corsa club ones .

also fitted v grill ,

[Edited on 04-05-2011 by bally2010]
bally2010
Premium Member

6th May 11 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some brand new depos at good price , will upload new pics later
bally2010
Premium Member

6th May 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bumper dont sit right tho :S

JaffaTB

6th May 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boo to the v grill mate look better with a plain black one i think, depos look well though, the only thing left black inside my car is the dash but fuck changing it its too much hassle lol
bally2010
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive changed everything in my car to black , imo changing dashboard was a twat but was well worth it .
bally2010
Premium Member

13th May 11 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well after nearly 2 month of cutting out problems and numerous sensor changing etc , i finally sorted it out turns out my idle screw was too low so thats fixed so to celebrate i let my mate wash and polish my car. i also painted my grill black as wasnt liking the look of the chrome

Jamie-C

13th May 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you got the running problem sorted mate Looks pretty tidy in that pic too! Have you had the wing sorted or is just not visible in the pic?

A post 97 bumper would look good on there

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MY CORSA B ( DEAD ) 23 database queries in 0.0142689 seconds