corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mortgage...?
Lynny

User status: Offline
8th May 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
DEEEY TOOOK RRRRR JAAAAWBS

Corsa_Sport21

8th May 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
But he walked out of a full time job. there is the main issue surely. If he was made redundant or had to give up work for a time due to illness/injury that's different but he chose to give up his job and milk the system.

I'm guessing as it was under minimum wage he was on some sort of apprenticeship/training scheme but there was nothing stopping him taking a second job to top up his wages if this was the case. I know of many people who used to do evening bar work or a weekend job to up their earnings whilst training.

Thats all good and well saying that if he were single/living with a partner etc,but when there's kids involved you have got to think of them 1st surely.

If i had kids i certainly wouldn't put there welfare at risk by bringing in less money while i tried to look for another job.

Every1 says there is jobs out theyre and all that shish,but its getting 1 that revolves around bringing the kids up at the same time.

What kind of child/children wants a father that is at work more than home?
BarnshaW

8th May 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what children want a father who is not able to support them financially?
Corsa_Sport21

8th May 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He must be doing no too bad if hes thinking about a mortgage.
Give it cpl of months and he will be driving about in a Subaru Impreza.
BarnshaW

8th May 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

emicen

8th May 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll apologise for calling him a twat as that's directly offensive. But I stand by what I said I concept terms.

i.e. Yes, the system is an arse but he chooses to milk it and I view such people in contempt. All our cars enable us to speed, we make the choice to do so and accept some will say fair enough and others lambast us.

The beauty is, none of it has sunk in, he's just gone crying to a mod about the abuse. Would explaining affordability calcs, the poor idea of 100% mortgages in an unstable market, the likelihood of interest rate rises etc have been listened to? Doubtful. More likely he'd have skim read it all and gone, yeah but undischarged bankrupt only applies for 12 months so fuck it.
John

8th May 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who go crying to mods don't deserve oxygen let alone benefits.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th May 11 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having been party to the conversation I can tell you that isn't accurate.

We were talking about generally how nice people are on here and he cited this thread as an example.

That's not exactly crying but it does show me clearly that people, even those with valid opinions, need to be a bit nicer.

[Edited on 08-05-2011 by Ian]
Carl

8th May 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm guessing .......

Half the problem here, guessing/assuming. Life isn't as black and white as people make out and just because someone on here found it easy to get a job doesn't mean it is for everyone.
Ripping into a kid who is asking for advise just because you tar him with the scrounger brush isn't going to help anyone and isn't going to lead to the system being changed. People are all too quick to take the higher ground, fair enough he might be a twat but the info has provided if people took it into consideration i'm sure a lot of other people would take the same path, at least until a full time job that was more lucrative came about.
BarnshaW

8th May 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on a further note asking for mortgage advice on a corsa forum where most people dont have a mortgage (me also being one) is probably asking for trouble
sc0ott

8th May 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
You dont have to be an expert to tell someone who has kids ... they would be refused a mortgage, lol.
Relevant?

Try quoting the rest of what i said and you will see how relevant it is.
Corsa_Sport21

8th May 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not what you know,its who you know nowadays.
Colin

8th May 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolute pish that statement, probably the way things used to be but recruitings tightened up somewhat!!
Corsa_Sport21

8th May 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really??

Have you seen half the retards that work in Asda's and Sainsbury's these days??
Carl

8th May 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is an element of luck in everything in life. In my field it's not so much who you know more of who much you can blag, I can't blag or tick boxes for the sake of ticking boxes. I missed out on a good promotion about 8 months ago to a right chancer, but he can talk the talk and make funders happy, whereas I actually help improve the health of the town I live in rather than sit in an office ticking boxes and licking arse. That is the way it goes sometimes.
taylorboosh

9th May 11 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

I'm guessing .......

Half the problem here, guessing/assuming. Life isn't as black and white as people make out and just because someone on here found it easy to get a job doesn't mean it is for everyone.
Ripping into a kid who is asking for advise just because you tar him with the scrounger brush isn't going to help anyone and isn't going to lead to the system being changed. People are all too quick to take the higher ground, fair enough he might be a twat but the info has provided if people took it into consideration i'm sure a lot of other people would take the same path, at least until a full time job that was more lucrative came about.

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Jeddy i could get you call centre work full time paying 7 odd rising to 9 plus bonus

emicen

9th May 11 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384967/How-teenagers-think-earning-60-000-35.html
Sam
Premium Member

9th May 11 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Really??

Have you seen half the retards that work in Asda's and Sainsbury's these days??

When we were in Sainsbury's the other evening we were queuing at one of the checkouts, the next checkout along was closed but had a memo from management to their staff on the conveyer belt.

It said that they failed their random customer service tasks that week because people weren't smiling/being polite to customers and wearing their name badges.

The kid that served us looked like some kind of zombie/high on something who didn't even mutter two words to us the whole time we were being "served"!

I suspect these are minimum wage jobs that they don't want to do anyway, and feel "hard done by" like a lot of the lazy cunts in Britain who feel it beneath them to do some hard graft.
Ben G

9th May 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384967/How-teenagers-think-earning-60-000-35.html

this is so so true.

used to know a bloke in school who thought he's be a millionaire by the time he was 21.

also:

But the reality is rather different, with the average 18 to 21-year-old earning just £8,595 – rising to only £18,705 for workers in their 20s and £24,333 for those in their 30s.

that is pretty shit tbh. how can you earn 25k in your 30's in this day and age and pay a mortgage and bring up kids?
taylorboosh

9th May 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25k is good up here
emicen

9th May 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave school @ 17, join Arnold Clark selling cars. 1yr as a trainee, 2yrs as a junior. Once you're a senior if you aren't pulling 40k+ its not for you. Wage inflation would see that at 60k by mid 30s easily. Problem: in years 1-3 you'll be working 60hr weeks for a basic of 9k and you'll still be doing those hours as a senior. Bit much like hard work for many.

Leave school @ 17, study CAD design at college for 1-2yrs. Go to BAE or similar as a trainee for 2yrs. Fuck off in to subby design work, £21-28/hr x 48hrs a week. If you're smart, aim for certain sectors that will pay over 30/hr. Again, 48hrs sounds a lot like hard work for some.

The wages up here are ~£3k lower than the UK average iirc.

It is doable, but you really have to go after it.

[Edited on 09-05-2011 by emicen]
sc0ott

9th May 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or

Leave school @ 17 thinking you will get into a job similar to Emicens examples. Apply for numerous throughout your and other areas.
Job application reviewed and declined due to hundreds of other applications etc.

Eventually give in and become a couch potato.

There isnt much jobs out there for school leavers. you can chance it by sending in applications for jobs that arent even advertised but chances are very slim they will bring you in for an interview.
Ben G

9th May 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the jobs are there, just not in the stock market or successful business driving a bmw m3 sector that most youngsters want.

apply for tesco, become a troley wolly or shelf stacker and work your way up the company, gain experience of supervisor/management duties and then apply for other jobs that way.

it's not hard, people just don't want to start at the bottom of the ladder.

i started being a trolley wolly at 16 while at college full time, then by 18 i was a supervisor. applied to ford at 19, got the job as a grade 2 (bottom), worked hard and showed initiative and got a grade 3 (extra 25 quid a week to grade 2) and here i am today.

hard work, but worth it in the long run.

[Edited on 09-05-2011 by Ben G]
Nath

9th May 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as Ben. I started stacking shelves in Woolworths. Then went onto a Warehouse, climbed a few nothces on the ladder there. Then applied for a different job entirely and got it. Now earning alright money as a Service Tech. Won't happen overnight.
sc0ott

9th May 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The jobs are there when they are advertised but how many people do you think apply for it?
Say 200 apply, 1 gets the job. that person gets the chance to start at the bottom as you say and work their way up to where ever they want to be but that doesnt solve the rest of the countries jobless teenagers problems. more and more people are jobless every day including all the 'new' school leaves which add to the toll.

people with their high wage jobs sit on their throne and tell everyone else its easy stuff because theyre in a perfect position.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...? 22 database queries in 0.0190990 seconds