corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strikes
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
27th Nov 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for social services and I'll be striking! Everyone moaning about us having cushy jobs and getting paid loads don't have a clue I'm at the top of my pay scale work my arse off and get paid 15k and now there attacking my pension ofcourse I'm going to fight against it.
John

27th Nov 11 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you Doing to only earn that?

I know a few people from some basic college qualification upwards and it's normally 25k+ for social work jobs.
chr15barn3s

27th Nov 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selfish pricks should lose their pensions if they strike.
Neil

27th Nov 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
I work for social services and I'll be striking! Everyone moaning about us having cushy jobs and getting paid loads don't have a clue I'm at the top of my pay scale work my arse off and get paid 15k and now there attacking my pension ofcourse I'm going to fight against it.

Find something better if you're unhappy with your pay and pension and let someone who currently has no job and desperately wants one have your's, or just be happy you have a job at all in the current climate and stop making life tough for everybody else, the majority of which are in the same boat. It's the way the world is at the moment.

I'm not sure what everybody who is striking thinks it's going to achieve apart from costing the country even more money that we don't have which is the exact reason these cuts have to implemented in the first place.
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

its your own fault you only earn £15k, no one elses. if you dont like it find a new job, unless you enjoy the job enough to put up with the pay. unfortunately this is the real world.
Shell
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 05:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some lovely men in here who I now like more. Nurses

That said, there are some seriously black and white thinkers round this place.

Lee I also am at uni, to get the job I want to have. I also work at the same time, up to 80 hour weeks when on placement whilst also studying. I do all of that and still feel the profession I'm going into deserves to strike. They did all the not lazy stuff you're doing to get themselfs a career. Should they do that all again because a condition is no longer what they signed up to?

[Edited on 28-11-2011 by Shell]
taylorboosh

28th Nov 11 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes
LeeM

28th Nov 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
There are some lovely men in here who I now like more. Nurses

That said, there are some seriously black and white thinkers round this place.

Lee I also am at uni, to get the job I want to have. I also work at the same time, up to 80 hour weeks when on placement whilst also studying. I do all of that and still feel the profession I'm going into deserves to strike. They did all the not lazy stuff you're doing to get themselfs a career. Should they do that all again because a condition is no longer what they signed up to?

[Edited on 28-11-2011 by Shell]

you dont get to pick and choose which bits of a job you want to do. i probably would have stuck with my last job if i had less hours and more pay.
the idea behind striking is ludicrous, if i wanted a pay rise or any other benefit id have though the best way to show my boss i deserve it is to work harder, not fuck off home for the day and refuse to do any work, if i did that id fully expect my p45 when i returned.
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Should you not have researched and thought about that before taking the job?
Gary
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM speaking some truths in this thread.
Shell
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee, who said I was picking and choosing which part of the job I wanted? I didn't want to work in retail anymore and am at uni to get the career I want, not which PART I want.
LeeM

28th Nov 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im referring to these people striking and anyone who supports them.
Shell
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ocht well, each to their own eh
Jake

28th Nov 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve missed the good times at the nhs by about 6 years
LeeM

28th Nov 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imagine the scenario if it was a maccies emplyee
employee; hi boss, im not happy with my working conditions,its a bit hot in the kitchen.
boss; and? its been like that since day 1 and you knew what you were applying for
employee: well im gonna go home for the day and refuse to work so you'll improve on it
boss: dont bother coming back
Russ

28th Nov 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you applied for a job, and one of the benefits was the ability to pay X ammount of money out of your wages every month, in exachange for a getting that money back and more when i retire. Then, once you've paid into this scheme, they decide they want to change how much money they want to give me back when you retire, would you not feel aggreived by this?

The way some of you go on if somebody broke into your house and raped your wife you'd stand filming it, as lets face it, the rapist is just doing what he's supposed to, not his fault the husband is there.

[Edited on 28-11-2011 by Russ]
Jake

28th Nov 11 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
employee; hi boss, im not happy with my working conditions,its a bit hot in the kitchen.
boss; and? its been like that since day 1 and you knew what you were applying for
employee: well im gonna go home for the day and refuse to work so you'll improve on it

russ said its got nothing to do with working conditions
Russ

quote:
the strikes are due to the government wanting to change something they agreed to l just 4 years ago, not about working conditions
Russ

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:

russ said its got nothing to do with working conditions
LeeM

28th Nov 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough,but thats even more worse. thats the countries priority right now, pensions. keep spending more money on peoples pensions when the country is on its arse. where does the money come from? certainly wont be from wednesdays productivity.
its a benefit that needs to reduced while theres not actually any money for it, once the economy is more stable then the pensions would probably go up again
Russ

28th Nov 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand, but thats the idea. They know a strike will cost the government money, aswell as make them look bad, but people are protecting themselves, they could need to live on that pension money for 30 years+
LeeM

28th Nov 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but pensions are being reduced because the govermnet have no money! how does costing them money free up cash? its fucking idiotic.
the only people who look bad are the idiots striking, to anyone with a brain anyway. i imagine they have the full support of the nations scroungers and doleys
Robbo

28th Nov 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IF this strike is all about changing gov't pensions from DB to DC then the bunch of cunts need a fucking good slap in the balls... man up and fucking take it, like the rest of the country has had too!
Russ

28th Nov 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the point is, if billions can be wasted doing some things, what can they properly support the people of this country who worked al their lives to support this country.

Rather than paying to shoot abdul or house Ramandeep
Conway563

28th Nov 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just pissed off that Bath is gonna be full of annoying kids on Wednesday. Booked it off a couple of months ago so that I could go when it wouldn't be too busy

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes 22 database queries in 0.0131781 seconds