corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving a French hot hatch in the wet

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving a French hot hatch in the wet
Russ

User status: Offline
4th Jan 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Why would I want to use a summer tyre in winter conditions? We aren't living in winter conditions it's just a bit wet which the Goodyears aren't even struggling with

7 degress and under is the window for winter tyres

Well it's been under 7 degrees plenty of times and my Goodyears have been fine, but apparently they're crap and mis-shape, must explain why mine grip so well
well equally, just because one person has had a good experience doesnt mean others cant have had bad
adiohead

4th Jan 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old style ones misshape, fucking hell

Oh, and I did mention they had good grip. They're also crap in the winter.... Real winter and not rain.
But then so are ///M3s (unless on winter tyres)

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by adiohead]
Graham88

4th Jan 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
well equally, just because one person has had a good experience doesnt mean others cant have had bad

That was the point I was making, but the opposite. One bad experience doesn't make it a bad tyre. And different cars react to different tyres as I previously mentioned.

You could put snow tyres on the M3 and they'd still be fucking useless But snow tyres on a LCR might be competely useable.

I just bought Hankooks for my missus car, reviews were a bit mixed but the bad reviews were mostly from big barges like 530d etc so on a Cooper S you can't really go by that opinion. Which is why I only go on my own experiences or friends, not what the internet says.
I was just pointing out my experience of Eagle F1's has been nothing but good and unless something bad happens to them suddenly I'll be buying another set.

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by Graham88]
smcGSI16V

4th Jan 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they will be crap in winter weather ie snow. Because of the tread design.

If you expected any kind of grip in that weather with a tyre that has this type of tread design then you are mad.

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by smcGSI16V]
adiohead

4th Jan 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
Of course they will be crap in winter weather ie snow. Because of the tread design.

If you expected any kind of grip in that weather with a tyre that has this type of tread design then you are mad.

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by smcGSI16V]

Yes, as I mentioned they are summer tyres, and winter tyres would of course be better in the winter ie snow, I totally agree and previously mentioned it.

But they were shitter than other summer tyres I have used in the winter.

Oh, and they misshaped and a lot of Goodyears at the time misshaped according to the fitter who works at Pro Tyre in Slough.

And I, personally, won't buy or recommend Goodyear as a brand again because of this.

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by adiohead]
Graham88

4th Jan 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean by mis-shaped anyway, they went square?
big eck

4th Jan 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They balloon badly on the inside. My mates ones did this on his front tyres.
smcGSI16V

4th Jan 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See mine never did in 10 years of using them. And the F1's, particulally the old style tread pattern I highly recommend as a summer/wet/wet track tyre. But not a winter tyre. They are shit.

But the T1R's on the back of my Astra have misshaped and it causes the droning your on about that sounds like wheel bearings. They have a sort of hit, miss, hit, miss, hit feathering across the tread on the width of the tyre.
Graham88

4th Jan 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 1 set of Paradas do that on the back of my Mazda. Didn't put me off buying them though
Cybermonkey

4th Jan 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure misshaping isnt another word for delaminating? The tread blocks peeling away from the tyre structure can cause a similar problem.

Also anyone saying the old GSD3 tyre is crap
In the wet clearly is a dumb arse. They are a superb wet weather tyre.
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Its a rear beam same setup as a Corsa B

really didnt know that. learning point for the day

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving a French hot hatch in the wet 23 database queries in 0.0094979 seconds