corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims"

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Society and its "Chronic Victims"
Ben J

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you contacted any of the apprenticeship/training providers and asked if they can get you a placement for your apprenticeship?
Eddx14xe

15th Feb 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have Ben. I had an assessment about two weeks ago with a company I found through the council websites. I passed that, they told me when something comes up in my area they will contact me.

There was another one called JTL, I need to get a colour blind test sorted out for that one.
richc

quote:
Originally posted by pow
If I was in the position where it was sit at home smoking or work in Tesco, I'd work in Tesco. Obviously I hope it doesn't happen but if it came to it I would.

Whats wrong with working in tesco? You make it sound like its a remidal job. They actually pay quite good considering and you can work you way up easily. I know a lad who is early twenties and pulling in £25k a year as a supervisor/low level management role of a warehouse which he hasnt been doing for long. Obviously living north of luton this is the same as earning £87k a year due to our house prices
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Irony is you'd get paid as much on the dole as when in employment doing an apprenticeship Granted, you're learning a trade I guess.
Ben J

Okay, cool. All you can do is keep trying.
But might be worth getting another job in meantime?
Ryan

15th Feb 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do think there should be 1000's more apprenticeships.

They are proper skills that the country should be built on.
Ben J

15th Feb 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Yeah I have Ben. I had an assessment about two weeks ago with a company I found through the council websites. I passed that, they told me when something comes up in my area they will contact me.

There was another one called JTL, I need to get a colour blind test sorted out for that one.

Okay, cool. All you can do is keep trying.

But might be worth getting another job in meantime?
Eddx14xe

15th Feb 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got one. I've been working since I was about 12. Done landscape gardening with my god parent, done market stalls, had a paper round. Its not like i've been sitting on my arse all my life and expect just to have money in my pocket.

Unlike some people.
Ben J

15th Feb 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff mate.
Ryan

15th Feb 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they not still have connections centres where they advertise alot of apprenticeships etc?
Eddx14xe

15th Feb 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They only speak to you if you are under 19. I've even been to the job centre, do you know what their reply was? They won't help me as I already have a job.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Irony is you'd get paid as much on the dole as when in employment doing an apprenticeship Granted, you're learning a trade I guess.

i started on £12k a year.... now a second year on £15k.... october ill be a third year on £18k.... year after im fully skilled on £26k

dole must of went up?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be a tit, I'm quite aware all wages aren't the same, but it can be as low as the dole at the bottom end. However this doesn't include things like housing, council, tax credits, etc, in which case they'd have probably been on more than you.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Brett]
Sunz

15th Feb 12 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:

i started on £12k a year.... now a second year on £15k.... october ill be a third year on £18k.... year after im fully skilled on £26k

dole must of went up?

How much would you need to earn a year to be better off, 26k sounds like the only decent one, 18k and paying rent, tax, electric, food, gas, travel and putting in many many hours a week, people don't want to struggle for years to earn a decent wage when they can sit on the dole, they take the easy option.
Would be like 14.5k for the year after tax.

I'm not complaing about what you said, just pointing out that people will take the easier option of doing nothing for money, obviously yours will be much better in the long run.

ed

15th Feb 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You see people like this in all walks of life though, even when they've got jobs it's never their fault that their boss earns more than them.

Person X (victim): My bos is a cunt because he does fuck all, all day long and gets paid lots.
Person Y (bright young go-getter): One day I want to be the boss so that I don't have to graft so much and earn a nice packet.

What you going to do
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:

dole must of went up?

How much would you need to earn a year to be better off, 26k sounds like the only decent one, 18k and paying rent, tax, electric, food, gas, travel and putting in many many hours a week, people don't want to struggle for years to earn a decent wage when they can sit on the dole, they take the easy option.
Would be like 14.5k for the year after tax.

I'm not complaing about what you said, just pointing out that people will take the easier option of doing nothing for money, obviously yours will be much better in the long run.

most people wanting an apprenticship still live at home tbh but i see your point... in just saying id rather that...

also rent tax and to an extent travel are the only ones that you dont have to pay on dole. you still need gas and leccy and food

nothing stopping someone riding/walking to graft either
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so even in my first year i came out with £800 a month and thats after tax, nat insurance and pension. Council flat is £280 a month and tax on that £80 if im single. Thats £440 im left with and a pension. the doley is on £120 a fortnight? so £240 a month and to my knowledge doleys still have to give £5 a week or something rent? so theres £20 gone in a 4 week month so only £220 left to play with.... so im twice as well of as a first year apprentice.... second year id be left with £650 ish and third £850ish.... how are you better on the dole?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ffs, just drop it, you sound like a fool quoting all your figures. So you got a decent apprentice package at BT, whoop.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are loads of apprenticships pay as well or better.... The days of £50 a week are gone if you find a big company.

You are going around spieling out bollocks about the dole being as good a wage... Then your mate chipped in saying if you rent a house ECT the doke is better...

Your both wrong. Living on the doke is for lazy fuckers.. END OF
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which part of 'bottom end' didn't you get mate? Not sure why you're on a crusade to defend apprenticeships, I'm not doubting at a good company you can get a decent package which would pay better than the dole (and you'd bloody hope so too!). I agree, anyone's long term plan to live on the dole is lazy, never doubted that. My point was in some instances you're better off living for free and that's undeniable.
Jake

15th Feb 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john-d its ETC ffs
Ojc

15th Feb 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Hi

Shut the actual fuck up.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
john-d its ETC ffs

lol

brett - why are you on a dole defending crusade
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes from manchester.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims" 22 database queries in 0.0168900 seconds