corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  57    58    59    60    61    62    63  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Sep 12 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The type of bloke who wrote that article is the type of person who thinks his tv has a better picture because he's bought an expensive hdmi cable.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Sep 12 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Iphone-5-Unlocked-Boxed-Sealed-With-Original-Apple-Receipt-32GB-/320986913598

fanLOL
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Sep 12 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Apple-Iphones-5-16gb-Unlocked-White-/300782950843#shId

Is Special Delivery included in the Paypal claim thing? Be funny to buy that one, get them and claim they hadn't arrived because he's spending 8 quid posting something worth grands.
Nic Barnes

25th Sep 12 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is it all the people that have no interest in the iphone seem to spend so long finding links about them from the internet?

pretty pathetic. i like my phone, dont feel the need to find links about other phones though.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Sep 12 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1270 for two, probably not the fantastic business decision he had hoped.
Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 05:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Good read on the iPhone 5 screen and comparison with SGS3:

http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_2.htm
That seems extremely biased.

However, if his measurements are correct, the differences in brightness and contrast between the 5 and the S3 are pretty staggering.
Just a shame he's unwilling to give the S3 points on contrast, despite the major difference.

A2H GO

25th Sep 12 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't read it in any detail but from what I could gather the iphone5 has a higher contract ratio and GS3 makes up colours that aren't actually there which make images/graphics appear over exagerated, probably in an attempt to wow people when they look at the screen. Seems to work.

[Edited on 25-09-2012 by A2H GO]
Marc

25th Sep 12 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Iphone-5-Unlocked-Boxed-Sealed-With-Original-Apple-Receipt-32GB-/320986913598

fanLOL

WTF
Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 07:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not completely true.

S3 has a much, much greater contrast ratio. Something the reviewer considers unimportant on mobile devices. I don't think that should be up to the reviewer to decide.

The iPhone however is measured to having twice the brightness of the S3 and that is very, very impressive indeed.

In the end, the displays are very different and though the 5 is clearly better from a technical viewpoint, it might not necessarily look better to the average consumer under all circumstances.

Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both displays probably have both positives and negatives against each and i could probably go and find a million google results that claim the s3's display is better. Point being that any fanboy can see what they want to see and disregard what they want to disregard.

Fact remains going to that level of in depth analysis to prove a point about a phones display shows just how unsure some of the apple fanboys are about the phone. I would say that also shows the type of owners that own an apple product, they are simply put..insecure.

Regardless of display calculations and the like, i know just one dept at work that were majority apple owners have pretty much all moved over the s3 or something else, only one person has bothered to get a 5, and thats because hes disabled and has short fingers so a wider display would have made life difficult.

I also lol extremely hard at people who make an effort to try and take advantage of consumerism, and try to rip people off then subsequently failing badly, i lol very hard indeed

[Edited on 25-09-2012 by Steve]
A2H GO

25th Sep 12 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed.

I looked up some official settings for my LCD tv to get it calibrated accurately. After I'd made all the adjustments it looked shit, really dull and underexposed with washed out colours, but that's only because I'd been so used to the really vibrant, exagerated out of the box settings. Some manufacturers will just give us what we think looks the best even if technically it is isn't.
A2H GO

25th Sep 12 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve are you saying Dr Raymond Soneria with his PHD in theoretical physics is an 'apple fanboy'?

Love how as soon as anyone points out anything half decent about a phone they're automatically a fanboy and their valid points are disregarded.

Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say the same about the s3 too.

And yes, just because hes clever doesnt mean that he doesnt have a personal preference. Clever doesnt negate bias, its clear in a lot of those results there is bias, as Balling pointed out one example.

Look the iphone 5 isnt exactly shit is it, im not saying its shit its obviously got some semi decent hardware, and the OS is purely down to personal preference. But the differences between both phones in terms of things like display etc are going to be so minimal its not even worth bothering to debate it to 99% of the population.

I bought an S3 because i prefer its interface, OS, and the fact it has a bigger screen etc. I dont go digging around sites that say shit like Small Color Shift

&#916;(u’v’) = 0.0077

1.9 times JNCD

to try and justify my choice

I actually probably have more of an issue with Apple owners rather then the phone itself.

[Edited on 25-09-2012 by Steve]
John

25th Sep 12 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That article isn't written very well for a doctor tbh, even if his facts are accurate.
ed

25th Sep 12 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd be surprised how many scientists and engineers are fanboys - in the old days Apple computers were very popular in the lab.
Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
both displays probably have both positives and negatives against each and i could probably go and find a million google results that claim the s3's display is better. Point being that any fanboy can see what they want to see and disregard what they want to disregard.

Fact remains going to that level of in depth analysis to prove a point about a phones display shows just how unsure some of the apple fanboys are about the phone. I would say that also shows the type of owners that own an apple product, they are simply put..insecure.
x100

Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I actually probably have more of an issue with Apple owners rather then the phone itself.
Then you truly are as idiotic as some have made you out.

Dom

25th Sep 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Steve are you saying Dr Raymond Soneria with his PHD in theoretical physics is an 'apple fanboy'?

Having a PhD doesn't automatically exonerate someone from being a fanboy
Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Then you truly are as idiotic as some have made you out.
maybe, probably not as bad as the behaviour on display from some of the apple boys
Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Love how as soon as anyone points out anything half decent about a phone they're automatically a fanboy and their valid points are disregarded.
I've noticed this pattern too, however there's really not much argument to be made that the article isn't extremely biased and by no means completely objective.

Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
maybe, probably not as bad as the behaviour on display from some of the apple boys
I would actually say equally as bad as the worst fanboys.

Completely disregarding a brand because of your faulty view on the owners of it is just as huge a display of stupidity as automatically assuming that any product of said brand is always the best.

Rob_Quads

25th Sep 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This does make me laugh all the time.
James

25th Sep 12 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

fanLOL

Free P&P though
Nismo

25th Sep 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Good read on the iPhone 5 screen and comparison with SGS3:

quote:
Haven't read it in any detail.

A2H GO