corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  57    58    59    60    61    62    63  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jul 14 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
Me and the lads have decided after taking in a few different European Gran Prix over the last few years that we'd like to do Silverstone next year and wondered if any of you lads who have been before could offer a bit of advice on accommodation/camping, best locations on the track etc.

I do this every year, then after putting the costs together - decide I'd much rather a few days in Europe and go for one of the other ones

I've never done Silverstone, really should do - the Sky coverage always makes me want to do the full camping experience etc.

Need to figure out my schedule for the second half of this year and work out whether I can do Texas or not

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Mad Moe

7th Jul 14 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
Me and the lads have decided after taking in a few different European Gran Prix over the last few years that we'd like to do Silverstone next year and wondered if any of you lads who have been before could offer a bit of advice on accommodation/camping, best locations on the track etc.

I do this every year, then after putting the costs together - decide I'd much rather a few days in Europe and go for one of the other ones

I've never done Silverstone, really should do - the Sky coverage always makes me want to do the full camping experience etc.

Need to figure out my schedule for the second half of this year and work out whether I can do Texas or not

We were exactly the same last year. We done the Hungaroring, 5 Nights, 4* BnB, full weekend passes on the first corner and return flights from Heathrow for the same as a decent ticket and camping at Silverstone! But as you say whenever I watch the whole coverage of the weekend I just feel like loading the car up with a tent, bbq and beer and take in the atmosphere.

I'm hoping New Jersey re-appears so that I can kill two birds with one stone and do New York at the same time.

[Edited on 07-07-2014 by Mad Moe]
Ben G

7th Jul 14 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bollocks the size of watermelons.
Jambo

7th Jul 14 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso

Both Vettel & Alonso displayed exceptional professionalism in their interviews afterwards. Good sports.

Also interesting to know whilst that was going on the Ferrari was experiencing battery and rear wing issues!!

[Edited on 07-07-2014 by Jambo]
ed

8th Jul 14 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I don't hate Lewis, but he is immature. His lifestyle and largely (I think) his girlfriend are to blame. Wants to be a big celebrity rapper type, travels everywhere in an entourage.
Well he arrived at the circuit on Sunday with his dad and brother. Not much of an entourage there
JonnyJ

8th Jul 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://m.images.autosport.com/142/142e8b33f0395638793f812043b329f31.jpg

http://m.images.autosport.com/282/2820530a0c96f04cdff6447048352ab21.jpg

Computer image of the new 18" Pirelli tyres
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just trying to find pictures of them, should make things interesting with setup options
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

low profile
JonnyJ

8th Jul 14 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd hate them but they don't look too bad. Would need to see them fitted for real though
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be interesting to hear the benefits, im sure the fatter tyres were an integral part of how the car reacts to bumps etc
tom130691
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unsrung mass will change the handling, opportunities for bigger brakes at the risk of more unsprung mass?

then you need to account for the current set up that is 50% of the suspension movement is in the tyre, these will be stiffer tyres meaning they will have to compensate with running the car softer

Jambo

8th Jul 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
I don't hate Lewis, but he is immature. His lifestyle and largely (I think) his girlfriend are to blame. Wants to be a big celebrity rapper type, travels everywhere in an entourage.
Well he arrived at the circuit on Sunday with his dad and brother. Not much of an entourage there

Re-read the post ed
JonnyJ

8th Jul 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another, with full car in view

http://twitter.com/tgruener/status/486476274534449152/photo/1
Jambo

8th Jul 14 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
be interesting to hear the benefits, im sure the fatter tyres were an integral part of how the car reacts to bumps etc

My thoughts also. Suppose it gives them new challenges and pushes them to re develop the chassis.
JonnyJ

8th Jul 14 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's been mainly done for aesthetics and to bring F1 more inline with road cars today according to Paul Hembrey. Obviously the teams will look for ways to make them work to their advantage.

Pirelli has revealed images of what its prototype 18-inch Formula 1 tyres will look like, ahead of testing them on a Lotus at Silverstone on Wednesday.

F1's tyre supplier is evaluating the new look rubber to help the sport's chiefs make an easier call on whether or not the sport needs to change its tyre concept from 2017 - after Pirelli's current contract runs out.

Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery said at the British Grand Prix that his company was open to developing new tyre sizes in the future, although he was not convinced 18-inch tyres were big enough.

"We said many years ago that the larger diameter rims were something we would always go along with, but we have also said we will do what the sport wants - and that is the over-riding factor," he said.

"So we thought let's go with it. It is about aesthetics. Does it make F1 more relevant for road cars and is it a direction the sport wants to take?

"We thought it would be worthwhile to create for the F1 Commission and the Strategy Group, some images of a current F1 car with some 18-inch tyres.

"The 18-inch tyre is one solution - but going forward I think 19-inch or 20-inch tyres are the direction you want to go."

I know it was something Michelin were insistent on if they were going to come into F1 if Pirelli left in 2017

[Edited on 08-07-2014 by JonnyJ]
Jambo

8th Jul 14 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bringing it inline with road cars will mean the tech will trickle down. Its good, im for it.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree

Corsas with "Lotus Tuned Suspension"

Imagine that
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Thought I'd hate them but they don't look too bad. Would need to see them fitted for real though

Look at the Formula E cars, they've got the low profile tyres already. Don't look too bad.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

My thoughts also. Suppose it gives them new challenges and pushes them to re develop the chassis.

Aye it'll be an entire re-design of the chassis, which is why they've been putting off this change for a few years.

I've heard rumours that this change would come at the same time as the reintroduction of active suspension.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

8th Jul 14 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Look at the Formula E cars, they've got the low profile tyres already. Don't look too bad.

That's why I thought I wouldn't like them, saw it on those and thought it looked gash

Mind, doesn't help when the cars themselves looked terrible.
JonnyJ

8th Jul 14 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Agree

Corsas with "Lotus Tuned Suspension"

Imagine that

Already had a Corsa on 20s, Dollaz or whatever his name was knew all along...
Jambo

8th Jul 14 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Helped Ferrari & Caterham shape their nose IIRC with his FlymoF1 styling crew
Ben G

8th Jul 14 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the 18's! Although, I don't think the current 13's? Look too bad tbh. But I can understand why they feel the need to do this.

Nico testing as silverstone today. Is that for the wheels?
Jambo

8th Jul 14 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lotus are testing the wheels apparently
JonnyJ

8th Jul 14 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to Autosport the FIA have ruled FRIC suspension systems illegal

Any guesses which team are said to have perfected this the most? Conspiracy theories ahoy!

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114881

[Edited on 08-07-2014 by JonnyJ]

<<  57    58    59    60    61    62    63  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0363588 seconds