corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Apr 14 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my pictures through...

Foggy!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

9th Apr 14 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that first pic
tom130691
Premium Member

9th Apr 14 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this makes me want to buy one
Simon_16v

9th Apr 14 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some mental tyre movement on that first photo!
Toby
Premium Member

9th Apr 14 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
Some mental tyre movement on that first photo!

Isn't there just!

any reason why tiebreak window is open?
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Apr 14 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was running the R888's a bit lower than recommended for the weight of my car. Toyo recommend 24psi (cold) for a car of my weight and mine were closer to 21psi, probably explains how much movement in the sidewall... not to mention it was still cold/wet when that photo was taken so I wasn't going so quickly!

Tiebreak? The back?

Just getting some airflow around the cabin.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 14 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started getting some bits trickling through (at last!) for my suspension change:

Went for the Whiteline Max-C adjustable front mounts, and Group N rubber rears. I learned my lesson with solid top mounts at the back, not only are they noisy... but they don't really need adjustment for my application anyway - as I pretty much run factory rear camber, which can be easily managed with camber bolts.

Compared the GroupN mounts with some OEM ones I have knocking around - the rubber is MUCH stiffer, so hopefully a good compromise.

Washed the car today (nothing new there...), but as I was wiping down the inside of the boot lid - I noticed a perpetual dribble of mucky water coming out from the back. I started peeling back the boot seal, and before I knew it I'd pulled it all off - and was horrified to find:

Needless to say, got a nice stiff APC mix and got to work on that lot all the way around, then took the seal inside to clean that out too. LOVE jobs like this

Hoping to get the KW's next week, would love to have them to give me the easter weekend to fit and test etc... but based on their pace so far, I'll probably see the rebirth of Christ with my own eyes before getting the coilovers.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could not be more angry/disappointed if I tried atm

Got home yesterday to a UPS delivery card - checked the online tracking and it was a 23kg package from Germany - Yay! Coilover time at last.

Arrangements have also been ramping up for my trip to the US with work, so work have been granting me half days here and there to get stuff sorted out - so I took a half day today to get the redelivery and make a start on fitting the coilovers - I could use some ghetto iPhone app alignment efforts again and enjoy the new suspension over the BH weekend - perfect.

I'm due to fly out to the US a week on wednesday, so would have been nice to get the coilovers on and the old BCs packaged ready for sale (a friend offered to store/ship them on my behalf)... it was all coming together.

Got home this aft, still no UPS redelivery (missus had been home all day) so I got the car in position:

Started undoing the rears (literally just undid the hub bolts) and then UPS man arrived

Bounded upstairs in glee (the best I could with a 23kg package) and got opening:

As I started unpackaging, my heart fell through the floor... spot the problem:

From left to right:

New Front = Good
New Rear = Not for an Impreza....
New Rear = Not for an Impreza....
Old Knackered Rear for reference.

Absolutely fuming, got on the phone with KW UK and explained what's happened - after relaying product ID's and stuff back and forth - they were adamant these are for an Impreza, so I sent them the above photo and a picture of my hub

They're now "looking into it". I've explained that I'm in the country for only 10 more days, four of which are a fucking bank holiday and these took FIVE WEEKS to build and ship from Germany, so looks like I've got no chance of having coilovers before I go, which means getting somebody to arrange returns/deliveries/collections etc on my behalf - just a load of fucking hassle.

Everything I read about KW suspension is top notch, I've been so excited to get this suspension fitted but in the THREE MONTHS I've been dealing with KW, they're honestly one of the worst companies I've had to deal with from a customer service perspective.

Fucking ANGRY

Oh well, Cat loves them

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted
flybikeslee

17th Apr 14 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bastards
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been googling around a few suppliers, and worryingly it looks like the picture shows the "wrong" set (the same as what I had delivered) for them too.

I know display pictures are to be taken with a pinch of salt, but it's a worrying coincidence. Considering this setup is for an 8-9 year old car - it's crazy to think that the KW catalog could be wrong!

http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/KW_AUTOMOTIVE_VARIANT_3_COIL_OVER_KIT_-_STI_05-07.html

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/KW-Impreza-05+-STI-Variant-3-Coilovers.html

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

17th Apr 14 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that's one way to ruin a weekend

Hopefully they sort you out and give you some form of compensation. I think 25% off the purchase price would be fair.
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already had them at almost half price... But if paying full would have got me the right set, I'd have done so

Sound like a queen but its proper spoiled my weekend

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
j10E W

17th Apr 14 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that cat is so cool

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think graham88 had an issue with KW too on his M3
SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cats looking a bit "derp" sat in the box lol
BeetleGav

17th Apr 14 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have your cats eyes fallen out without each other? Reverse bog eyes
Ben G

17th Apr 14 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lolz downs cat.
Simon_16v

17th Apr 14 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of bought that Clio Trophy .

On a serious note, I completely agree with you on the company front. They seem to be piss poor on knowing what part of the company is doing what.
BarnshaW

17th Apr 14 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
sucks mate, hope you get it sorted quick, if its any relief i had mine booked in last week for coilovers, waited 3 weeks, took it in and got a call the next day to say they arrived wrong and were for a classic , got to wait another month, I do feel your pain , nothing ever goes simple and straight forward with imprezas.

[Edited on 17-04-2014 by BarnshaW]
BarnshaW

17th Apr 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how i have quoted myself, had a few too many tonight.
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 14 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because I'm so upset, I'll let the nasty comments about the cats slide.

My contact at KW promised me an update before they shut up shop yesterday, and I never got a call - which fuelled my rage further. I did however get an e-mail, so I guess that's ok...

quote:
Hi Kyle,

I have found the issue, you are correct!

You have been sent the incorrect kit. I am not sure how this happened, but I will make sure this is corrected as soon as possible!

Germany are showing stock of the correct kit on their system but I am awaiting confirmation on when it can be sent, Once I have confirmation I will let you know and get the kit sent ASAP and also organise a collection for the incorrect kit.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused, I will do my best to make sure the kit is with you as soon as possible.

I will organise some KW goodies to be sent out to you in the meantime, I know this doesn’t help the car on axle stands but I do appreciate you have been very patient with this kit.

If there are any issues please let me know.

Hope you have a good weekend.

What makes all this so much worse, is I've had to wait 5 weeks for these coilovers to be built on demand. If they had specced me the right kit, it looks like it was in stock on the shelf... so I could probably have had them a month ago

"KW Goodies"? Yay, some stickers I guess...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 14 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
sucks mate, hope you get it sorted quick, if its any relief i had mine booked in last week for coilovers, waited 3 weeks, took it in and got a call the next day to say they arrived wrong and were for a classic , got to wait another month, I do feel your pain , nothing ever goes simple and straight forward with imprezas.

Simon_16V refers to my car as the "parts bin" one.... which isn't far from the truth I've got such a mishmash of parts in the 05, some from the original Blobeye and some from the Hawkeye, I've had all sorts of dramas getting parts to fit in the past.

I'd all but given up on the second hand market as it seemed even harder to get the "right stuff", but even buying new is a challenge it seems

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Apr 14 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do know thats just sales bullshit.. They are not sat on the shelf at all.

Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 14 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess I'll know if they take 5 weeks to turn around again...

Do Germany have a four day weekend too?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0301280 seconds