corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
Cole

User status: Offline
28th Apr 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its your best option then surely you don't have any choice
deano87

29th Apr 13 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could go rear hatch/door but not fond of the strapped racks. Halfords & Thule do a solid clamping one but they're over £100.
Cole

29th Apr 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a thule 9104 clamp on for sale £40 plus p+p
deano87

29th Apr 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How'd you find it? Move about much or damage the paintwork?

Think it will cover my numberplate and lights :S
Cole

29th Apr 13 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never used it doesn't fit my zafira needs longer straps on the roof
Jamie Walby

29th Apr 13 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tail gate open, chuck bike in the back. Done.
Nic Barnes

29th Apr 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid BMW non folding rear seats means I'm envious of people that can do such things as open, bike in, go.
Whittie

29th Apr 13 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Stupid BMW non folding rear seats means I'm envious of people that can do such things as open, bike in, go.

Went to argos earlier to pick up a load of bits, and realised I had to have an Ironing board as a passenger. Gay.
deano87

29th Apr 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Tail gate open, chuck bike in the back. Done.

Not quite that simple when you have a Fiesta and 7" travel freeride mini DH bikes
Dr Pepper

29th Apr 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hit 500 miles for April - very pleased with myself .... really need to look at my position on the bike though im developing some pain in my knee which doesnt feel too good. Kind of put it down to me being a fat bastard and just a massive increase in effort but im starting to think it could be saddle position. Gonna mark where it is now then start fiddling
Simon

29th Apr 13 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a great effort! I'm probably struggling for 50 non commute miles this month! Bike currently 'off-road' until I replace the bearings on my 20mm hub which developed play.
Cole

29th Apr 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I thought the 200 I did for april was good well done dr pepper
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Apr 13 at 01:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
hit 500 miles for April - very pleased with myself .... really need to look at my position on the bike though im developing some pain in my knee which doesnt feel too good. Kind of put it down to me being a fat bastard and just a massive increase in effort but im starting to think it could be saddle position. Gonna mark where it is now then start fiddling

1 KNEE OR BOTH?

i get a bad knee after about 10 miles
Matt L

30th Apr 13 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impressive stuff Dr pepper I have only managed 130ish on bike and 13miles running.

Next month I should rack them up a bit more though.
Dr Pepper

30th Apr 13 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:

1 KNEE OR BOTH?

i get a bad knee after about 10 miles

Right knee has a slight dull ache, and is occasionally clicking as I get 30 miles plus into rides. Left knee is normally my weaker one but it doesnt feel as bad strangely

I'm almost certain my saddle is a couple of mm too high - gonna have a fiddle later
deano87

30th Apr 13 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right knee has a slight dull ache, and is occasionally clicking as I get 30 miles plus into rides. Left knee is normally my weaker one but it doesnt feel as bad strangely

I'm almost certain my saddle is a couple of mm too high - gonna have a fiddle later

What pedals have you got? If you run SPD/clipless pedals it could be a lack of float (left to right movement) which is causing your knees to hurt as your legs are in an unnatural forward position.

Shimano pedals are the worst for no float. Try Crank Brother or Time pedals for float.

Jamie Walby

30th Apr 13 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
Impressive stuff Dr pepper I have only managed 130ish on bike and 13miles running.

How is the running going Matt?

Im going to start running home from work once a week, see if I can shed a few pounds I dont seem to be able to drop form cycling alone.
Dr Pepper

30th Apr 13 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:

What pedals have you got? If you run SPD/clipless pedals it could be a lack of float (left to right movement) which is causing your knees to hurt as your legs are in an unnatural forward position.

Shimano pedals are the worst for no float. Try Crank Brother or Time pedals for float.

Im currently not clipped in .... I have got spd shoes but just use them with pedals and toe cage. I am planning to get some clipless pedals but im a bit worried they could make the knees worse. I have used clipless before and they gave me big problems with my knees .. I quite like being a bit more flexible with my movement without being fixed to the pedal in one position.

If I go clipless I am going to go for a proper bike fit first.
Whittie

30th Apr 13 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate in work got knocked off this morning, bike a total write off and has pain all round his neck, collarbone and back.

Driver got out and instantly blamed him, lady who witnessed it said she'd be a witness for the liar, however they didn't swap any details of any kind.
RichR
Premium Member

30th Apr 13 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call the police and say he drove off without leaving details
deano87

30th Apr 13 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im currently not clipped in .... I have got spd shoes but just use them with pedals and toe cage. I am planning to get some clipless pedals but im a bit worried they could make the knees worse. I have used clipless before and they gave me big problems with my knees .. I quite like being a bit more flexible with my movement without being fixed to the pedal in one position.

Toe clips could be the issue as they provide very little float. Try a ride without them on and see how you get on.

Then if you go clipless, I highly recommend Crank Brother Egg Beaters for good float - light enough for a road bike too. I'm not too clued up on road bike specific pedals but if you have knee troubles, you need to consider good float (which is left to right movement).

Sometimes flat pedals with good grip and flat shoes can cause knee ache because your feet don't move too much.
Dr Pepper

30th Apr 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Toe clips could be the issue as they provide very little float. Try a ride without them on and see how you get on.

Then if you go clipless, I highly recommend Crank Brother Egg Beaters for good float - light enough for a road bike too. I'm not too clued up on road bike specific pedals but if you have knee troubles, you need to consider good float (which is left to right movement).

Sometimes flat pedals with good grip and flat shoes can cause knee ache because your feet don't move too much.

interesting cheers
Matt L

30th Apr 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Im going to start running home from work once a week, see if I can shed a few pounds I dont seem to be able to drop form cycling alone.

not too bad tbh, 3miles is fine I can do that no problems, tried 5 last weekend and it was a proper piss poor attempt had to stop every half mile so ended up getting annoyed and turned it into sprints.

going to try 5-7 on saturday and then 50+miles on bike on Sunday (followed by struggling to walk Monday).

In terms of seat position I was always under the impression to have it so that your leg doesnt fully extend but it stops just short of it, is this right? I have noticed my right leg (upper outer calf muscle) hurts after rides but I have put this down to the fact i only unclip with my right foot.
Jamie Walby

30th Apr 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

interesting cheers

Good advice, apart from when you do LeJoG. I wouldnt want to do it on flat pedals.
Jamie Walby

30th Apr 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

not too bad tbh, 3miles is fine I can do that no problems, tried 5 last weekend and it was a proper piss poor attempt had to stop every half mile so ended up getting annoyed and turned it into sprints.

going to try 5-7 on saturday and then 50+miles on bike on Sunday (followed by struggling to walk Monday).

In terms of seat position I was always under the impression to have it so that your leg doesnt fully extend but it stops just short of it, is this right? I have noticed my right leg (upper outer calf muscle) hurts after rides but I have put this down to the fact i only unclip with my right foot.

I unclip with my right too. Everyone else I know that cycles thinks I am weird and they unclip with their left foot.

<<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 23 database queries in 0.0207398 seconds