corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
mwg

User status: Offline
24th Jul 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
It's certainly interesting even if nothing comes of it. I get the feeling that if Moyes doesn't sign a good midfielder this summer after his comments and bids there might be a bit of unrest
you following GNev on Twatter?

Yeah I do but not seen anything he's posted for a while. Take it he's put something interesting up, I'll have a look
he was debating the CM argument y.day. he was basically saying go top top quality or dont bother full stop

I see. I am a little worried Moyes doesn't have the experience at this level and with this kind of money but how does he get the experience without giving it a go!
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO he was poor with big money at Everton; a young Fellaini at £15m (he cam egood but only 4 years later) and £10m on that rubbish Russian guy with the unpronouncable name. Much better with the lower end of the market but at a club like Utd, Chelsea, Barca etc., I think the targets are pretty well known so it should be difficult to go far wrong. Its your Gervinho money level where it is more difficult.
JonnyJ

24th Jul 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
The only thing that would hurt me is Cesc to United.

Couldn't possibly happen, not a chance, no way, if anything it will be Arsenal, will never play for another English club etc...

BenJFF88
DC90

24th Jul 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do think the opportunity to play for fergie was a part in a lot of players choice to join us.

I'm terms of not knowing what to do with money.. It's not just moyes working alone
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, and Utd are a huge club with or without SAF
chrisritch

24th Jul 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suarez is apparently seeking talks with Arsenal
DC90

24th Jul 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Higuain in napoli with reina for medicals. Arsene needs to bag suarez.
chrisritch

24th Jul 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine Real will come to the table once Higuain deal is completed. Hope so anyway
Whittie

24th Jul 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
IMO he was poor with big money at Everton; a young Fellaini at £15m (he cam egood but only 4 years later) and £10m on that rubbish Russian guy with the unpronouncable name. Much better with the lower end of the market but at a club like Utd, Chelsea, Barca etc., I think the targets are pretty well known so it should be difficult to go far wrong. Its your Gervinho money level where it is more difficult.

Which is the lower end of the market
mwg

24th Jul 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't buy Gervinho, problem solved.
p

24th Jul 13 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Stupidly good price

I think he's overpriced by 10m or so at that personally. Definitely not worth 43m or the e53m (I think his release clause is?)

If he goes to PSG... Ibra to the prem?

So you think he's worth 25m..... I thought a deal at 35m was very good, yet he went for 53m.... We'll see how it pans out! Just a shame he's in France.....
Cavey

24th Jul 13 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I think 25m for Cavani would of been OK. As you said he's playing in France so we won't get to find out if he is any good or not really
p

24th Jul 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, I think 25m for Cavani would of been OK. As you said he's playing in France so we won't get to find out if he is any good or not really

Not the best yardstick to judge a player... Huge shame I think. Falcao and Cavani in France. I mean no disrespect to Ligue 1, but players like that should be in a top club in a top league, even if they stayed in Spain and Italy. Still, we'll see them in the CL, I guess.
Whittie

24th Jul 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

French league is so shit Barton looked like he was playing well....
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
I imagine Real will come to the table once Higuain deal is completed. Hope so anyway
im not sure they will, they already have Benzema and Ronaldo and will probs be gettign Bale at some point. €50m+ seems a lot for a second striker when they are lettign Higuain go. I think more likely that they will use the money to go after Bale. if not, we are fucked obvs liverpool will prefer to sell for less to real than to us

Someone just pointed out that for probs another £5-10m, we could have got Higuain and Fellaini :/
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

Which is the lower end of the market
i was meaning £5m and below rather than the £8/11m or whatever ridic moneyw e paid for him btw he is suppsoedly rome-bound today for a medical!
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
im not sure they will, they already have Benzema and Ronaldo and will probs be gettign Bale at some point. €50m+ seems a lot for a second striker when they are lettign Higuain go. I think more likely that they will use the money to go after Bale. if not, we are fucked obvs liverpool will prefer to sell for less to real than to us

Someone just pointed out that for probs another £5-10m, we could have got Higuain and Fellaini :/

Fellaini's release clause is only £22m.

AW may have fucked this up.

Fellaini, Higuain, Williams and Cesar would have been great business IMO
p

24th Jul 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Is the only signing so far that French kid?
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

Not the best yardstick to judge a player... Huge shame I think. Falcao and Cavani in France. I mean no disrespect to Ligue 1, but players like that should be in a top club in a top league, even if they stayed in Spain and Italy. Still, we'll see them in the CL, I guess.
L1 is utter horseshit, PSG and Monaco may hep them get to Serie A levels but at what cost
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Agreed, that was my pref scenario tbh! we need to nail cesar and fast - perfetc solution for us imo
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
quote:
quote:

yup plus 27 outs
p

24th Jul 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
quote:
quote:

yup plus 27 outs

Well at least some of the dead wood and high earners have gone.
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. TbF at last most of the dead wood has gone.
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, just chamakh, park and bendtner to go now! think we will have to pay all 3 to go now. bendtner is unsurprisngly beign a cunt and stopped moves to malaga and frankfurt because of money. gervinho and fabianski will probs go too but will need replacing, talkign Gaitan, Salvio and Bernard thus far who would all be lovely but be very expensive so think we'll most likely replace Gervinho with Gnabry given his peripherary status anyway
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

epic picture tbh suspect Frimmers will go too as unlikely to get a look in if we bring in a holding player. maybs only on loan (hopefully). miyaichi defs and hopefully gnabry, miquel, eisfeld, yennaris and akpom will go on loan too

<<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0292559 seconds