corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Sep 11 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Caspian Border first made it's appearance in mid August and information is still coming out about this Battlefield 3 map. The tower seen in the trailer is destructible and we have another piece of information about the map today. It's a rather large map, 1.4km is it's width. For reference, the Operation Metro map from the alpha trial was ~800m at it's widest point. There's plenty of space for jets to fly in this Battlefield 3 map!

DannyB
Premium Member

8th Sep 11 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sub-HD for consoles

http://www.enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=3705&sid=af62215d8a97333aae79dbc6084596d5
mwg

8th Sep 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/eeN9ZZgGIkI

FLOL As if you could be arsed making that video though
Russ

8th Sep 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

playing tonight mwg? bout 8:30
mwg

8th Sep 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the weather is nice I'll be working but if not then yeah I will probably come on
Russ

9th Sep 11 at 05:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weather must've been nice
mwg

9th Sep 11 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I ended up working!
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There's plenty of news floating around about Battlefield 3's dedication to addictive online play, some of which includes kit completion. Demize99 (Alan Kertz - Senior Gameplay Designer) let us know that there will be a total of 50 authentic Marine ranks in Battlefield 3. There have been no details into how the point system works to obtain these ranks or how many points it takes to gain ranks. Bad Company 2 also had fifty gameplay ranks, many people achieved these ranks quickly. DICE's dedication to "years of unlocks" may hint that it may take many dedicated hours/days/months to obtain the higher ranks in Battlefield 3.

quote:
Health regeneration was announced a few months ago for Battlefield 3. For veterans of the series, this came as an unwelcomed surprise, zh1nt0 (Daniel Matros - DICE Community Manager) came with a little bit of happy news for the community today. Health regeneration is a server side option, meaning that a server admin can disable or enable the regeneration feature. We assume that the option also includes vehicle's health regeneration. When the option is turned on, soldiers and vehicles slowly regenerate health over a period of time. Those that were concerned about this Battlefield 3 feature can now relax.

quote:
In other good news, we bring some information on the platoon system in Battlefield 3. By the looks of it, there will be some form of clan ranking system via Battlelog. Here is a screenshot showing the Platoon creation screen. You can clearly see that there is a option to create emblem and tag. Perhaps this means that you will be able to see some sort of clan emblem in game. Needless to say, it’s great to see Battlefield getting some clan support. It seems like making a clan/platoon is really encouraged.
3CorsaMeal

9th Sep 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting to level 50 in BC2 is taking me ages, 420hrs in and am level 46
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be a lot longer in BF3
mwg

9th Sep 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never going to get to level 40 in BC2. BF3 is taking it too far with the length of time to level up and unlock weapons and attachments.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends really, how you play the game. It's just to make the game more in depth and make it so you're always unlocking things and there is always a challenge.
mwg

9th Sep 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like having the full range of weapons and attachments at my disposal. Its never going to happen in this though. Always going to be some fucker that has that better weapon or attachment than you cos they can afford to spend days at a time playing it! Kind of disappointed in that respect.

I'm all for making it a challenge but don't put it out of the reach of normal people. Now only the elite geeks will have all the weapons.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New video, Guillotine teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5eLbPQt_Pk
MoesTavern

9th Sep 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks amazing.

And once again every other comment is 'CoD sucks olol'
dannymccann

9th Sep 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been trying to play bfbc2 last few days, had a couple of decent games but people just camp all over spawn with Apache and tanks so I am back on cod for now, will have to play a demo of bf3 before I decide whether to buy it or not
mwg

9th Sep 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to man up by the sound of it
dannymccann

9th Sep 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe, but its literally impossible to spawn and move so its kinda frustrating that and I seem to be using foam darts instead of bullets or rockets so I just get hit markers and no kills
mwg

9th Sep 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do get the base raping thing happen sometimes but majority of the time its ok.

You can upgrade the bullets etc. as you go further through the game so maybe stick at it and try to avoid levels with helicopters on! Magnum bullets is where its at
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battlefield 2's Ranking system was the best imo..
MoesTavern

9th Sep 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It took literally years to rank up though didn't it?

Been a while since I've played it
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mortars on that video above look incredible, practically destroys them guys at the beginning
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The non-linear story follows U.S. Marines Staff Sgt. Henry "Black" Blackburn who is being interrogated about recent world events. The recollections will put the player in each memory from New York, Paris, Tehran, and beyond. Events will be viewed from multiple angles when playing as different characters throughout the singleplayer missions. Battlefield 3's characters have the "human" aspect to them which will show players how a different character may react to a situation. Goldfarb stresses that the campaign will be unlike any other shooter and that Battlefield 3 is bigger, contains more drama, tougher, and more raw.

DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some interesting info from twitter, just click the red writing.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165383
Chrissy
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy fuck.. That looks incredible.

The lighting is some of the best I've seen tbh in a game.

I know It's from the campaign and they can hone the graphics to their hearts content but comparing these videos to the recent MW3 videos is comical.. And I'm a COD fanboii.

>>>> Chris <<<<

<<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >>

New Poll