corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » January transfer window 2011 thread

New Poll
  <<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author January transfer window 2011 thread
Hammer

User status: Offline
1st Feb 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
*scored
he's still a premiership striker..

Him scoring faster than any other striker is past tense.
Russ

1st Feb 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok he scores a goal on average every 121 minutes, faster than any other player to play in the premier league.
Russ

1st Feb 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saurez is the best business in the window imho
Nath

1st Feb 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think Wheater is.
Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JET recalled from loan is THE best bit of business fact.

Or this.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ryo-miyaichi-completes-move-to-arsenal

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by Ben J]
Russ

1st Feb 11 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

I think Wheater is.
I think Jamie O'Hara on loan is really but to ashamed to say
Jamie Walby

1st Feb 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
How do you feel about the whole Torres situation Tom, honestly? Open up, let it out.

I'm gutted with the way in which he left us, and the fact we've lost a goal per game striker that'd obviously be a massive thing for any club. I think we've replaced him well though and if he didn't want to be here any more (there was nothing more we could have done to keep him) then it's better that he left.

I think in Suarez and Carroll we've done good business, i'm more excited by Suarez than i've been since we sgned Torres. Babel was a flop and Torres was a genuine concern with his injuries, he's very much about pace over the first 5 yards and if/when he loses that he'll no longer be a goal per game striker any more. I like the fact that the burden of scoring goals will be spread across the team more too, it's uncomfortable having to rely on one player so much and if LS and AC can integrate into the team and style of play we're trying to instill then we could end up being better off in the long term (probably when we've added a couple of top notch wingers in the summer more than for this season though).

In summary, yes i'll admit i'm gutted he's gone but I am also excited by the signings and the future prospects of lfc.

I agree with everything you are saying there. If a player doesnt want to be at a club anymore and hands in a transfer request then you may as well cash in. I do think that Carrol will do well for you and I have a feeling him and Suarez will become a good partnership. Suarez is also pretty young isnt he?

I think you feel the same now as I did when Terry Henry (TH14) left Arsenal. Obviously a huge loss but you could tell that he wasnt as motivated, the only difference is you got a lot more money with your sale and reinvested it, we didnt really.

Although I have never really cared much for Liverpool I am genuinely interested in how all this pans out for them and I kind of hope it does work out for the better! I also like Carrol, I dont think he is £35m but I still think he is quality regardless of what everyone else on here thinks.
Jamie Walby

1st Feb 11 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
JET recalled from loan is THE best bit of business fact.

Or this.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ryo-miyaichi-completes-move-to-arsenal

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by Ben J]

Why so he can 'improve' by playing in our reserves? He needs to be out, on loan, at a Premiership team IMO.
Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Partly said in jest JW09

Wenger wants cover due to injuries. Lansbury coming back too. He should get Denilson's place imo. Looked good for Norwich.
Jamie Walby

1st Feb 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Denilson is our weak link I think, though I dont think any of the guys you mentioned are quite ready to step upto the big time. Especially this season we dont want to risk throwing in largely unproven players during a run in where we need to try and keep touch with United.

Do we know when TV5 is back? I heard he 'could' be back for one of the Barca games? If we can get him back for the last 2 months of the season I think that could be a massive boost.
Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel Sturridge "As soon as I heard the words 1st team football I came down"

Bolton is up mate.

I rate Sturridge. Bit dissapointed Vela didn't go to Bolton tbh. Did wonders for Wilshere.

And Owen Coyle will be next arsenal mgr.
Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Denilson is our weak link I think, though I dont think any of the guys you mentioned are quite ready to step upto the big time. Especially this season we dont want to risk throwing in largely unproven players during a run in where we need to try and keep touch with United.

Do we know when TV5 is back? I heard he 'could' be back for one of the Barca games? If we can get him back for the last 2 months of the season I think that could be a massive boost.

Yeah I heard a cheeky rumour he will be back soon. Not getting hopes up tho. And being "fit" and being ready for Messi & co are way apart.

Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet within 2 months El Hadj Diouf has done some anti Celtic gesture (is it a flute playing thing??) and enraged Scottish football.
Russ

1st Feb 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quoted for lolz
Hammer

1st Feb 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok he scores a goal on average every 121 minutes, faster than any other player to play in the premier league.

Dalglish, Fowler and Owen averaged a goal every 2 games for Liverpool but you wouldn't spend £50 million on them either

Stats are wonderful things.
Nath

1st Feb 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quoted for lolz

Double quoted for extra lolz
Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lolz as in he won't be or lolz as in he's too shit?
Ojc

1st Feb 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Transfer window round-up, with Brian Sewell
01-02-11
AS one who has always struggled to maintain a full complement of staff that can attend to my various needs, be that preparing an elderflower and lemon curd 'toastie' at 4am or discussing who would win in a fight between Proust and Baudelaire (Proust had the superior reach, one feels), I have a certain kinship with the teams of the Premiership at this time of the year.

Thus, I have cast an eye over the transfer dealings and picked out the Mozarts from the Salieris:

Fernando Torres, Liverpool to Chelsea, £50m
For the price of Rubens' Massacre Of The Innocents, the coltish Spaniard has escaped the Augean stables of Liverpool for the cultured sanctuary of Chelsea.

One can only imagine his sense of relief at fleeing the birthplace of Cilla Black, a creation I had the misfortune of meeting at a George Melly soiree in '73 and was a five-foot crystallisation of screeching common. Ghastly.

Andy Carroll, Newcastle to Liverpool, £35m
Costing the same as Van Gogh's Irises, however this transfer evokes a far greater sense of impending madness and suicide in the mind of the viewer. One feels that if DH Lawrence had intended Lady Chatterley's Mellors to have been portrayed by a wookie, young Andrew would have been the result.

My good friend the Earl of Carlisle is both a keen farmer and combatant in the sport of kings and some recent accounting difficulties forced him to part with his prized Arabian to purchase a more prosaic but much-needed Shire horse. Standing as Mr Carroll does at approximately 17 hands, I trust the analogy is not lost on Liverpool's followers.

Andy Reid, Sunderland to Blackpool, Undisclosed
The delightfully charming Ian Holloway, who puts one in mind of a character from Midsummer Night's Dream coaxed into a suit, has refused to discuss the price of this arrangement but it is believed to be almost as much as a camomile tea and a Chelsea bun at the National Portrait Gallery. Proof that Blackpool have more financial muscle than first imagined.

But I cannot approve of Blackpool as a resort ever since it became associated with that ghastly Middleton woman. Quite how she dares to insinuate herself into William's royal inner circle when I happen to know for a fact that her father can operate a stapler is beyond me.

Merouane Zemmama, Hibernian to Middlesbrough, approximately £200,000
I have absolutely no idea what any of those words mean.
chrisritch

1st Feb 11 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really looking forward to seeing the impact Suarez has on the PL
Hammer

1st Feb 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bet within 2 months El Hadj Diouf has done some anti Celtic gesture (is it a flute playing thing??) and enraged Scottish football.

Dirty bigots do that. He's just an animal, if anything one of our fans will serve time for kicking his cunt in.

*fingerscrossed.gif*
Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets hope so.

Ben J

SSN - Did anyone see the Scottish Chelsea fan??? lol
Russ

quote:
quote:

Dalglish, Fowler and Owen averaged a goal every 2 games for Liverpool but you wouldn't spend £50 million on them either

would you pay 500k for a 2 bed house? no? becuase you're poor like me. but if you were Mr. Abramovich then you laugh and pull the 500k out your pocket.

So £50m in real money is a lot, in Chelski money is nothing
Jamie Walby

1st Feb 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
really looking forward to seeing the impact Suarez has on the PL

Hand balls flying all over the place
Hammer

1st Feb 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

would you pay 500k for a 2 bed house? no? becuase you're poor like me. but if you were Mr. Abramovich then you laugh and pull the 500k out your pocket.

So £50m in real money is a lot, in Chelski money is nothing

What?

Have you been hitting the drink hard recently?

<<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » January transfer window 2011 thread 23 database queries in 0.0286801 seconds