corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Hammer

User status: Offline
24th Jul 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
IMO he was poor with big money at Everton; a young Fellaini at £15m (he cam egood but only 4 years later) and £10m on that rubbish Russian guy with the unpronouncable name. Much better with the lower end of the market but at a club like Utd, Chelsea, Barca etc., I think the targets are pretty well known so it should be difficult to go far wrong. Its your Gervinho money level where it is more difficult.

Did you, as an Arsenal fan, just try and use the Fellaini signing as an example of a poor big money signing?

Signed for £15 million, he's been a beast for Everton for 2 seasons and now they're able to sell him for much more. That's a prime example of a good, high end, signing.
p

24th Jul 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
IMO he was poor with big money at Everton; a young Fellaini at £15m (he cam egood but only 4 years later) and £10m on that rubbish Russian guy with the unpronouncable name. Much better with the lower end of the market but at a club like Utd, Chelsea, Barca etc., I think the targets are pretty well known so it should be difficult to go far wrong. Its your Gervinho money level where it is more difficult.

Did you, as an Arsenal fan, just try and use the Fellaini signing as an example of a poor big money signing?

Signed for £15 million, he's been a beast for Everton for 2 seasons and now they're able to sell him for much more. That's a prime example of a good, high end, signing.

I don't know the release clause but you imagine Everton would easily want around 30m for the guy. I think he'd thrive in a better side as well.
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no my point was they spent £15m on him to begin with and for his first 2/3 seasons he was nothing special. Much much betetr now and clearly can get good money for him now but it wa sa huge investment that took a long time to pay off
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

release clause is supposoedly £23.5m and expires on Aug 10th or somehting
mwg

24th Jul 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£15m is nothing. Squad player at Man United
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who here is ok and who isn't.
Whittie

24th Jul 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Who here is ok and who isn't.

Arsenal isn't.
mwg

24th Jul 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wenger is feeling exceptional
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Higuain and Reina are at Fiumicino in Rome on their way to Naples :'( Wenger you idiota... £31m being quoted rising to £35m. A lot, but fuck it he's better value and less aggro than Suarez at £40m
mwg

24th Jul 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's normally not wanting to spend money but this time the reason he hasn't bought someone is cos he's too busy chasing someone more expensive How un-Wenger like although same result over all
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is exceptionally bizarre i have to say. however, it would also suggets that he is very confident that suarez will sign as he is literally riskign our enitre season on it as huguain is gone, rooney i dont think is the answer up front (more the #10 in behind if anything)
Whittie

24th Jul 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love how all Arsenal fans hated him, now love him. Knobheads
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still don't want him. He's a racist and bites people.

Rumour that he's told Liverpool he wants to join Arsenal. Doubt that will have much impact.

DC90

24th Jul 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said that would happen about 15 pages ago and was met with OMFG NO WE WILL HATE HIM NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES /suicide

As I said before, if Suarez signs he will be a brilliant signing and Arsenal fans will love him or, at the very least, eventually love him.

Edit - Ben won't love him but all other fans will

[Edited on 24-07-2013 by DC90]
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£31 for Higuain too. Should have done that.
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being brutally honest. It would be a good signing as he's class, but it will take me a long time to change my opinion of him. Maybe if he keeps his nose clean.
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny how the Liverpool fans supported him through all the diving, racism and biting but now he is looking to leave they have turned on him!

Racsim and biting is okay tho.
Whittie

24th Jul 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Funny how the Liverpool fans supported him through all the diving, racism and biting but now he is looking to leave they have turned on him!

Racsim and biting is okay tho.

Not at all, nobody on LFC forums are saying good riddence

We've been through a lot with him, still, he's our best player and would love him to stay. Although it's near impossible to say no to £40,000,001
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously its not. What have you been smoking?
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Love how all Arsenal fans hated him, now love him. Knobheads
its the most divisive thing i can remember, aside from constant AKB vs. WOB. there is a worrying trend of fans who are now completely turned! I'm erring toward wanting him on the basis that he will improve the team and the fact that we have little choice now! However, i will not cheer for him (if he scores im cheering for the team) nor do i support his signing. A quiet, happy and successful first year would go some way toward calming the fears but theres always the worry that we are not his first chocie and that he could well bite someone to leave and would we get what we paid for him etc.
Robbo

24th Jul 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Rumour that he's told Liverpool he wants to join Arsenal. Doubt that will have much impact.

no it has to now, he is the only one who can progress the bid. if he makes it clear he wants to join then we cna begin the process of agreeing a fee (£35m + £7m add-ons is massively generous IMO so hope we dont pay much more!!!) Liverpool will HAVE to accept that the add-on portion for this deal will be significant due to the circumstances with the player
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also there's the fact he can't play till October.
chrisritch

24th Jul 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

no it has to now, he is the only one who can progress the bid. if he makes it clear he wants to join then we cna begin the process of agreeing a fee (£35m + £7m add-ons is massively generous IMO so hope we dont pay much more!!!) Liverpool will HAVE to accept that the add-on portion for this deal will be significant due to the circumstances with the player

We dont have to accept anything or we already would have! and £35m plus add ons you can fuck right off
Ben J

24th Jul 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrisritch thinking he has a say in the deal!
mwg

24th Jul 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just cos you paid 3 times what Andy Carroll was worth doesn't mean Suarez's price should be inflated too

<<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0346131 seconds