corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t.

New Poll
  <<  60    61    62    63    64    65    66  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t.
Marc

User status: Offline
19th Jul 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Also, will he ever take them bastard gloves off.

Winds me up everytime I see him play in his fucking glvoes

PMSL I was just thinking that!
mikenoncorsa

19th Jul 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kaka interstes in Chelsea move?? Although i'm not a Chelsea fan, i'd love to see Kaka in the prem.
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
crying about a better team wanting the world player of the year is just taking the fucking piss.
[Edited on 19-07-2008 by LETGSI16V]
better team, Real win CL? um no

I am glad you put it like that...

Do Man U hold the record for CL wins? um no
Have Man U won the CL 9 times? um no
Have Man U won the CL 5 consecutive years on the trot? um no

I didn't realise that the better team was determined by an oponent slipping on his arse to hand them a trophy...
Robbo

19th Jul 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

History doesnt make one team better than another... Man Utd are the best team in the world right now BY SOME DISTANCE, and have been for the past few seasons
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO there is a balance to it as history shows a level of consistency at the top level, as is the case with Real Madrid.

On the other hand, history makes Nottingham Forest a successful club but in their case it is just that - History. They will not be collecting anything for the foreseeable future.
Marc

19th Jul 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
History doesnt make one team better than another... Man Utd are the best team in the world right now BY SOME DISTANCE, and have been for the past few seasons

Agreed.
Robbo

19th Jul 08 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps... but I would view Ronaldo to Real in the same way I would Flamini from Arsenal to AC Milan... a team we convincingly knocked out of the CL last season (Im an Arsenal fan), and AC Milan arent even in the CL this year... backward step IMO, even if they have history on their side

[Edited on 19-07-2008 by Robbo]
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Flamini one is strange in that respect due to immediate potential success, especially when faced with replacing Maldini as well?

I dare so in both scenarios it has a lot to do with the players nationality. If I was from a hotter climate (which I am) then the prospect of playing away at Hull in December doesn't seem too appealing.

Thats why it will be interesting to see what this Jo character is like for City as he will essentially be moving to a warmer climate than he has been immediately used to but colder than the norm as he has been plying his trade in Russia for a few years.
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
It's a forum, it is designed for discussion, thats the whole principle of them. If people get wound up by a forum then they are too stupid to use the internet.

No, I think your missing my point.

As you dont regularly post in here - no problem with that - it just seems that the only time you do is to either wind people up or cause some sort of argument. I honestly think its only a few times Ive ever seen you post in here where it hasnt been some leading question or reply to someone that is after either of the two things mentioned.

Infact I think it that much when I see your name as the last poster in there I just know what Im expecting to read when I open it

I have just looked through and I have contributed on 4 threads since the end of May;

This one where I have effectively rubbished Liverpools chances of winning the league.

A thread about what sort of player you are where I laughed at the concept of comparing your playing style to a great.

The Euro08 Fantasy Football thread where I said the winner was head and shoulders above the rest of us and congratulated him.

The 07/08 Fantasy Football thread where I said that at one point I was 120 points clear.

So on that basis it does show I don't post in here a great deal but on the same note it disproves the theory that I post in order to obtain a reaction.

Re: Highlighted comment :
The thread was not comparing the level of skill to a great, however it was merely to state what 'sort' of player you are, these 'great' footballers didn't invent styles of football, they had to learn too.

Regarding this thread, and cosmo please don't fireball me but I agree with LETGSi regarding Liverpool, when I think of title contenders for the PL I think of 2 teams who can win it (Man Utd and Chelsea) and a 3rd team who do well until Feb/March time (Arsenal), 4th to 8th is the next step down and I usually expect Liverpool and Spurs to be there and see who gets the UEFA spots, to see Liverpool finish below 4th would amaze some, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I understand LETGSi's point and although Liverpool are improving their points tally each season, the other 3 are still doing what it takes to be comfortabley where they are.
Marc

19th Jul 08 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo will agree with that.
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The Flamini one is strange in that respect due to immediate potential success, especially when faced with replacing Maldini as well?

I dare so in both scenarios it has a lot to do with the players nationality. If I was from a hotter climate (which I am) then the prospect of playing away at Hull in December doesn't seem too appealing.

Thats why it will be interesting to see what this Jo character is like for City as he will essentially be moving to a warmer climate than he has been immediately used to but colder than the norm as he has been plying his trade in Russia for a few years.

There will be alot of things the public/fans don't hear about on every training ground in every team, we have to realise that they are just like us but with more greed and higher pay Flamini may have seriously disliked someone within Arsenal? whether it be the mananger,fellow players,trainers,coaching staff, or simply he's sick of playing in the stadium or doesn't like the city he lives/plays in.
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Cosmo will agree with that.

Yeah, and then Id openly confess my love for you and run off into the sunset holding your hand
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jiz - how do you explain us finishing 3rd in 2 of the last 3 seasons then - above Arsenal?
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Jiz - how do you explain us finishing 3rd in 2 of the last 3 seasons then - above Arsenal?

I'm talking of future thoughts, when people ask me where I think Liverpool will finish, I instantly think 4th or 5th. anything above that is a bonus, however I applaud Liverpool's ability to play tournaments like the CL, you have the foundations to become a consistant league team, good midfield, top striker with good supporting players, but I think Rafa's done enough now, the club needs a manager who is able to take on the next stage.
Russ

19th Jul 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:

I'm talking of future thoughts, when people ask me where I think Liverpool will finish, I instantly think 4th or 5th. anything above that is a bonus, however I applaud Liverpool's ability to play tournaments like the CL, you have the foundations to become a consistant league team, good midfield, top striker with good supporting players, but I think Rafa's done enough now, the club needs a manager who is able to take on the next stage.
SAF
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SAF?
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I was more wondering what these 'future thoughts' were based on. Considering you said Arsenal (forget United and Chavski for now as thats understandable) for you finish 'comfortably above us' and '4th to 8th is the next step down' - when out the last 3 seasons we have been the ones to finish 3rd twice.

Im not bothered people thinking we arent as good as the other teams, thats part of football, but I just dont understand what this is based on considering the recent league positions?!
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
SAF?

Sir Whisky Nose.
strick206

19th Jul 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
SAF?

The best manager around

(have only just caught up with this thread, some good points, some bad ones, will post a Paul J style post later
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CosmoI was more wondering what these 'future thoughts' were based on. Considering you said Arsenal (forget United and Chavski for now as thats understandable) for you finish 'comfortably above us' and '4th to 8th is the next step down' - when out the last 3 seasons we have been the ones to finish 3rd twice.

Im not bothered people thinking we arent as good as the other teams, thats part of football, but I just dont understand what this is based on considering the recent league positions?!

During that period it is widely accepted that Arsenal have been rebuilding their team, I think only Eboue remains from a few years back and prior to that they were consistently winning or challenging for the PL, infact I think the seasons you mention were the first times that Wenger had finished outside of the top 2 under his tenure?
Danny P

19th Jul 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I didn't realise that the better team was determined by an oponent slipping on his arse to hand them a trophy...

Better club then, not team
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
During that period it is widely accepted that Arsenal have been rebuilding their team

During this time it has been Rafa's 2nd-4th season - is that not classed as rebuilding
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think Arsenal are streets above Liverpool in general cosmo, so they shared the 3rd/4th spots in whatever seasons you mentioned, Wenger seems to have plans for long term and some of the time buys an instant gem, Rafa just seems to buy for the season and I think Arsenal are capable of challenging, I don't see Liverpool doing that until they hire a top manager who is able to get the best out of the likes of Kuyt, Babel etc....

Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yay we are a better team than United
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
During that period it is widely accepted that Arsenal have been rebuilding their team

During this time it has been Rafa's 2nd-4th season - is that not classed as rebuilding

Yes but compare the players you have now to the ones you had when he took over, a fair core is still there; Finnan, Carragher, Gerrard etc.

Arsenal only have Eboue remaining IIRC and over that same period they have lost players of the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Lehmann, Campbell, Pires, Ljundgberg (sp) etc.

<<  60    61    62    63    64    65    66  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t. 23 database queries in 0.0381908 seconds