corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  60    61    62    63    64  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Tiger

User status: Offline
24th Nov 13 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Webbers slippery podium

[Edited on 24-11-2013 by Tiger]

Is that a euphemism?

chrisr195

25th Nov 13 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought drive throughs were ridiculous in my opinion. Massa's especially. He would of gained nothing from crossing tht line. They bang on about action and similar speed cars racing together then they do tht take him straight out of it. Stinks. Hopefully next year be a better year. Sick of seeing the same car winning. Want the Ferrari's back on top like old days
fred7

25th Nov 13 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What like the old days when they won every race?
Tiger

25th Nov 13 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195
Thought drive throughs were ridiculous in my opinion. Massa's especially. He would of gained nothing from crossing tht line. They bang on about action and similar speed cars racing together then they do tht take him straight out of it. Stinks. Hopefully next year be a better year. Sick of seeing the same car winning. Want the Ferrari's back on top like old days

I don't think crossing the hatched area was a 'gaining an unfair advantage' issue, it was a safety issue. They have to draw the line somewhere don't they. In the hatched box there's very little room for error, that's a risk they can't take, hit that pit entrance at 180mph and you're dead.
chrisritch

25th Nov 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195
Sick of seeing the same car winning. Want the Ferrari's back on top like old days

JonnyJ

25th Nov 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very bizarre comment

Race kind of summed up the season really, promised much but a bit of a flat fart in the end. Vettel is on another level. In terms of talent alone i wouldn't place him miles ahead of everyone else but he's clearly extremely talented and that car couldn't suit him any better. A perfect package.

Glad Merc sewed up 2nd, a hell of a step from them this season which bodes well for next season, i get a little excited every time i hear Ross Brawn referring to next years Merc as "a little bit special". I really hope it is, as Ross rightly pointed out, 2nd is all well and good but just look at the gap between 2nd and 1st, its a chasm and for the good of the sport it needs bridging. What Red Bull have achieved is remarkable but its time for the others to step up and give them a race.
Robbo

25th Nov 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zzzzz another boring year of Adrian Newey domination I see.
Tiger

25th Nov 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Very bizarre comment

Race kind of summed up the season really, promised much but a bit of a flat fart in the end. Vettel is on another level. In terms of talent alone i wouldn't place him miles ahead of everyone else but he's clearly extremely talented and that car couldn't suit him any better. A perfect package.

Glad Merc sewed up 2nd, a hell of a step from them this season which bodes well for next season, i get a little excited every time i hear Ross Brawn referring to next years Merc as "a little bit special". I really hope it is, as Ross rightly pointed out, 2nd is all well and good but just look at the gap between 2nd and 1st, its a chasm and for the good of the sport it needs bridging. What Red Bull have achieved is remarkable but its time for the others to step up and give them a race.

If Braun is still with Mercedes next year!
JonnyJ

25th Nov 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't imply that he would be, that's all still up in the air, though Lauda will do all he can to keep him, which I hope they do

[Edited on 25-11-2013 by JonnyJ]
Ben G

25th Nov 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he's not at mercedes, he'll be at another f1 team. No way is he not walking into any team with a cv as glowing as his.
Rick Draper

25th Nov 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
If he's not at mercedes, he'll be at another f1 team. No way is he not walking into any team with a cv as glowing as his.

Cannot see him walking into RedBull TBH
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Nov 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe not as a TP, but they'd make room for him I'm sure!

Williams or McLaren most likely IMO, but would love him to stay at Merc.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Tiger

25th Nov 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd personally love to see him at Williams, I'd love to see Williams become the team they were in the 80's, I know it's unlikely, but not impossible. It'd be nice for Frank as he's put in so much and continues to do so. Possibly the greatest privateer there's ever been.
Ben G

25th Nov 13 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

Calm down dick raper, I was merely suggesting he'll walk into any team that isn't currently doing as well as merc and red bull.
Rick Draper

25th Nov 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Calm down dick raper, I was merely suggesting he'll walk into any team that isn't currently doing as well as merc and red bull.

Should have worded it that way then
Rick Draper

25th Nov 13 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen something about how much PM brings to a team. In 2011 it was £29.4m!
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Nov 13 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PM doesn't bring as much as I thought then to be honest.

On the topic of numbers... Prize money for the year...

In USD [WDC Rank + Bonus]

1. RedBull $ 162M [90 + 72]

2. Ferrari $ 171M [72 + 99]

3. Mercedes $ 92M [80 + 12]

4. Lotus $ 65M [65 + 0]

5. McLaren $ 74M [62 + 12]

6. Force India $ 59M [59 + 0]

7. Sauber $ 53M [53 + 0]

8. ToroRosso $ 50M [50 + 0]

9. Williams $ 56M [47 + 9]

10. Caterham $ 40M [40 + 0]

11. Marussia $ 20M [Fixed per Bernie agreement]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

26th Nov 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So...how does that work then? Why are Ferrari picking up nearly twice the amount of Merc? That "bonus" is huge
RichR
Premium Member

26th Nov 13 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it do with the older teams and the concorde agreement? Similar to Williams getting $9m bonus payment
JonnyJ

26th Nov 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I figured that, but then you'd expect McLaren to be higher.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Nov 13 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's all related to what Bernie feels Ferrari brings to the sport in terms of sponsorship, spectators, etc.

I guess McLaren are less rewarded because they're a customer team? Mercedes' get the same and they've only been back in the sport a couple of years.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
RichR
Premium Member

26th Nov 13 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bernie includes their period as solely an engine supplier in their historic claim.
JonnyJ

26th Nov 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, cheers, makes sense. Makes Ferraris lack of achievement recently even more laughable
Dom

26th Nov 13 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just seen something about how much PM brings to a team. In 2011 it was £29.4m!

You talking about the £30m PDVSA sponsorship receipt? Old news but it does give you an idea how much money it takes to buy your way in to F1.

quote:
Formula 1 is a business, not a charity.

Whilst i agree to some extent, Formula 1 is also the pinnacle of motorsport and the drivers should follow suit - being able to throw wads of cash at a team (*cough*Chilton) for a drive defeats F1's purpose.

Back to musical chairs, current rumour is Maldonado is heading to Sauber and the Quantum deal is still waiting to be settled - if any of this is true then Lotus and shit creek springs to mind.

On another note, little reliability stat snippet -
quote:
"And, also as of today, McLaren completed 99.17% of the season’s total possible race distance – 7139 miles [11,488km] out of a possible 7198 miles [11,584km] – which is not only better than every other team managed this season but is also a new world record, beating the previous record of 98.30% set by BMW-Sauber in 2008.

Webber firing up a RBR - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFUHbeIsOCI&hd=1

Merc's last V8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOok_ohp9g&hd=1 / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82jSbQaE5Hk&hd=1

Caterham hitting the limiter - http://instagram.com/p/hHGMIRtJeV/

Sounds of V12 - V6 Turbo (V12/10's ) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnnNu7S3xI4&hd=1

[Edited on 26-11-2013 by Dom]
Dom

26th Nov 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw, does anyone fancy knocking up an Official 2014 thread?

Would be handy for somewhere to stick rumours, race calendars, tech etc

<<  60    61    62    63    64  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0299702 seconds