corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  60    61    62    63    64    65    66  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
19th Jul 14 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mercedes amg petronas' Facebook page is awash with conspiracy theorists.

The person/S who update and comment on the teams behalf are getting torn new arseholes

I'm a proper lewis fanboy and even i know it was just a brake disc failure, which is supplied by a third party (brembo).

Some people need to get over it. Pit stops yes, fucking brake failure at over 150mph, no way
Ben G

19th Jul 14 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Apparently Merc are considering running the other brakes on Hamiltons but if they do he starts from the pit lane!

Probably best tbh. Fuck being in a fast starting Mercedes in 16th place. Imagine the sort of shit you'd need to pass/get out the way of. Not worth the risk, especially when he could pretty much get past the backmarkers in the first lap alone.
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jul 14 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Didn't know they used different brake manufacturers in the same team. Interesting! Was a bit worrying when he hit the barrier, some serious crashes this year (not caused by Maldanado/Gutiurez) with Perez/Massa/Kimi and now Lewis! Glad to see all are fine after though.

Fucking Ferrari though

Sometimes the drivers swap between them on the same weekend.

Like Ben says, pitlane is better place to start for Lewis. He can avoid any T1 carnage and probably still end up on the podium after the field stretches out.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rob_Quads

20th Jul 14 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like he's gone to 29th after a 5 place penalty for changing his gearbox

Finger crossed he can fly round the outside and avoid any of the carnage from the first corner.

It's gone from trying to get up to 3/4th to complete damage limitation. Would be a shame if Rosberg won due to the hardware failures of his team mate

[Edited on 20-07-2014 by Rob_Quads]
Ben G

20th Jul 14 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

29th
Aaron

20th Jul 14 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome start....
Aaron

20th Jul 14 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton is going to take himself off before long!
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd not bad considering
Rob_Quads

20th Jul 14 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that last pit gamble just didn't quite work out. If he had waited another 2/3 laps they would have got him with slightly better and had a chance on the 2nd corner to close up on him.

Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good race, Lewis was pushing his luck all the way around but that's why I love him!

The JB move was a shame, door looked wide open - Grandad got caught out tbh.

I know it's hard to read from the telly, but does anyone else think that the "home race support" for Nico was pretty much non-existent? Seemed so anti-climatic on the podium too, I think Lewis motivated more noise from the crowd!

I'd read before that Nico really struggles in the German media - the shadows of Schumi and Seb are just too big, but I'm sure this year will change some of that.

Bottas' engineer annoyed me too. "We beat a Mercedes fair and square", what - with an 18place handicap? Dream on - Merc are still 30-40 secs ahead over a race if they want to be.

Hungary next, and I'll be back in the UK to watch a race (yay!). Need Lewis to make good on his record there, a 7 point deficit into summer aint' sounding too bad.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

20th Jul 14 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
I think that last pit gamble just didn't quite work out. If he had waited another 2/3 laps they would have got him with slightly better and had a chance on the 2nd corner to close up on him.

Safety car gamble, had to be done really.

Gutted he couldn't get 2nd, bit of a downer. But a great hard fought race from Lewis. That is proper racing, none of this caring for the tyres bollocks.
Jambo

20th Jul 14 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic race alround. Really enjoyed it
JonnyJ

20th Jul 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As others have said, cracking race, really enjoying this seasons racing, not been many races where theres hasnt been lots of close quarter racing and overtaking.

Have to say i was having heart palpitations by lap 13 when Lewis did Kimi and Ricciardo in one go, having already got very close with Sutil earlier and Kimi into the very narrow stadium section fucking mental, thats why i love watching him.

The Jenson one was clumsy. Not entirely sure why Jenson decided to hang around on the outside of the hairpin, and then cut back in. Lewis probably should've played it a little safer given that he absolutely had to finish that race but he did look like he was just giving him an open invitation. Notice Jenson was been grumpy in the post race interview so i expect Marc to be in soon to call him immature, pathetic, embarrassing etc.

Totally got Merc's decision to pit when Sutil was stopped in the middle of the finish straight, they had to do it, imagine the crys of outrage if they didnt, it got called and Lewis ended up stranded, worth a go. Was quite surprised they didnt call a SC out for that, was wincing a bit when you had marshals running across the track and cars flashing past a few feet away. I've certainly seen them call one for a lot less and not only that it would've set up a grandstand finish!

Thought the Alonso/Riccardo battle was superb. I was one of those that was a bit 'meh' when he got the seat at RB but he is one hell of a racer, really enjoy watching him and glad to be proved wrong on that one. Champion potential for sure.

End of the day though, another win gifted on a silver platter for silver spoon boy Rosberg. Has he actually earned a win this season?

Aus - gifted when Lewis retired
Monaco - gifted by questionable quali and the circuit
Austria - gifted by Lewis messing up in quali and having to manage the cars
Germany - gifted by Lewis' brake failure in quali

Still waiting for the race where he has to fend off Lewis, or overtake him.

Not worried, yet, but the longer Lewis is behind and the more something happens just when it looks like hes back on track, the more i worry that Rosberg is going to win this title off the back of reliability issues, which would be a shame. If he does go on to win it i hope that we can at least look back and say in the second half of the season he had to pull off some amazing drives to beat Lewis, not just scoop up 2nds and benefit from his team mates misfortune.

All in all another decent race but as a Lewis fan, yet another race where you're left wondering what might have been. Frustrating.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Notice Jenson was been grumpy in the post race interview

Big Ron has sacked him IMO

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

20th Jul 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably. Schooled by young Magnusson yesterday and would've smashed him in the race but for that unfortunate collision with Massa which wasnt his fault, no matter how much Massa bitches.
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th Jul 14 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely brilliant race.

I agree the 'home' support for Rosberg didn't seem too much. Apparently he's not massively popular there, seeing as he's half Finnish and grew up in Monaco. Vettel is their golden boy, not Rosberg.

I never used to like Alonso but that has completely turned around over the 2-3 seasons; I have so much admiration for him now. His driving is simply superb and his respect for other racers on the track is second to none. Just like at Silverstone it was awesome watching him battle with a RedBull.

Obviously it was a shame Hamilton had another unfortunate weekend but even though these things keep on happening, his recovery drives are consistently excellent. Definitely the right call from Mercedes to bring him in with the chance of a safety car, obviously it didn't pay off this time but it was correct of them to take the risk in my opinion.

Hungaroring next, a track that historically treats Hamilton well. I still firmly believe it's his championship this year.

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

23rd Jul 14 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly season comes early. Vettel to Mercedes in 2016 according to an article in Bild. Would be to team up with Rosberg.

Take it with a huge pinch of salt as it's mainly according to Jacques Villeneuve.
Ben G

23rd Jul 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is lewis not signing a new deal thought to be worth 23 million quid a year? Much more than Rosberg... Go figure.
JonnyJ

23rd Jul 14 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Is lewis not signing a new deal thought to be worth 23 million quid a year? Much more than Rosberg... Go figure.

I'd say that's more likely
nibnob21
Premium Member

23rd Jul 14 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mexico back on the calendar.

MX5 Project Thread
Jambo

23rd Jul 14 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought Alonso was tipped for 2016 Mercedes according to the Internet?

Lolz either way
Ben G

23rd Jul 14 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Mexico back on the calendar.

look forward to gangs kidnapping drivers.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Jul 14 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mercedes playing the negotiation game trying to keep Lewis from demanding much more premium.

If I were Lewis I'd really want to push for a one year option, see how the cars pan out after another winter of PU development, but he may be forced to sign an early multi year if the threat from Sebastian is realistic.

Alonso is looking half likely back at McLaren if those specific rumors are to be believed. I get the feeling that Nando needs a top seat NOW, not a development seat if he wants more WDC.

I wonder if RBR would drop Kvyat in after Vettels departure, he's looking impressive.

I want to see 2 of Lewis, Nando and Seb in the same team though.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Scotty_B

25th Jul 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Azerbaijan to host 2016 Europe GP.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9394148/f1-expansion-continues-with-azerbaijan-to-join-the-calendar-in-2016

<<  60    61    62    63    64    65    66  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0295751 seconds